ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

Oh I tell ya, this a rough board, rough board
No respect. The only person that liked the post about me being a good guy...was me!

Reminds me of the neighborhood I grew up in, tough neighborhood.
The sign on the library wall said "shut the f*ck up"!
Tough neighborhood, at my high school football games , after they sacked the opposing quarterback, they went after his family!

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

You lost my respect when you made fun of ping pong a few posts ago . Ever watch Bruce Lee play ping pong now that’s entertainment .

So, which of today’s champs have the best chance at making the olympics? Spencer is obviously #1, but I wouldn’t sleep on Allirez if I was Nick, Yianni or Zain. He looks super good. I’d mention Monday, but we’re too loaded at the top of 74, IMO.

If I had a hundred coins I’d put 90 into Spencer’s bucket and 10 in the alirez bucket. .

Bad enough that on the Baschamania podcast after worlds, he was noncommital about whether he'd be cutting to 65 or going to 74 for trials. He sits in the semis, and I have to think he'll choose 65, but maybe it just isn't in the cards anymore. Definitely frustrated w/ the weight options we have at the Olympics . . . By most accounts, this will be Zain's final rodeo, so it'd be great if he could go out at his best weight.
It really gets me fired up. Olympics are a 2 week event and they can't squeeze in a few more weights. I realize the wrestling is only a couple of days, but you get my point.
Dumb bureaucrats making decisions they have zero expertise in.
Bau

Last edited:
Oh I tell ya, this a rough board, rough board
No respect. The only person that liked the post about me being a good guy...was me!

Reminds me of the neighborhood I grew up in, tough neighborhood.
The sign on the library wall said "shut the f*ck up"!
Tough neighborhood, at my high school football games , after they sacked the opposing quarterback, they went after his family!

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
lbJpOId.gif

Does this tournament change anyone’s view of Facundo? Still doesn’t have a ton of offense but he beat some really good guys. I think he is definitely better in freestyle but I come away from this tournament feeling pretty good about where’s he at. I hope he can put on a bit of good weight and be a solid sized 174 next season. He definitely has the frame for it

Alirez is trouble for anyone at 65kg except for probably Zain if he can make the weight without it killing him. Alirez is just so good in freestyle. His sweep single into a lace is absolutely beautiful and he’s one of the best in the world at that transition. He just kills people will it. 65kg is super deep with quite a few guys that can win and he is absolutely one of them. I think Zain is at the top if he can handle the weight cut. Then the next tier is Nick Lee, Yianni, and Alirez. 3rd tier is BB, McKenna, Pantaleo and maybe Gross, Desanto, Eirman, and I’m sure I’m missing a few others. All of those guys are fairly close those and wouldn’t be surprised if 1 or 2 of them went on a run

Last edited:
More like Spencer shutting up those loser Penn State fans that have been trash talking him and his family for a long time now.
It's not our fault he isn't even the best ever wrestler from pa. Keep putting that pressure on him and let's see how he does in the Olympics if he even gets there. Sheesh you people just don't get having fun do you .

Does this tournament change anyone’s view of Facundo? Still doesn’t have a ton of offense but he beat some really good guys. I think he is definitely better in freestyle but I come away from this tournament feeling pretty good about where’s he at. I hope he can put on a bit of good weight and be a solid sized 174 next season. He definitely has the frame for it
Yes. The field was loaded.

I was surprised, you can tell the level of your room by how fast your guys improve.
What Cael has built and is building is just amazing. I'm not being a suck up to you guys either, it is what it is. I'm 60 and have been following wrestling for 45 years. I've never seen anything like it.
It's shocking compared to other programs.
For him to get third in this tournament was amazing. Imo
I didn't see it coming.

Last edited:
Zain unfortunately is another tweener, I always thought 65 would be a brutal cut for him because he was not a small 149. My guess is he goes 65 definitely because he would be very ineffective at 74 (imagine him trying to get through Dake's horsepower, hell big 74s can't do it lol) It would make more sense to maintain your weight as best as you can sine you sit in the semis. 70 is just so perfect for him but I think he avoided it for a bit because he wanted to make an Olympic weight.

But in many ways, World Silver and Gold is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sad but if I had to guess, I think Zain's shoes are being left on the mat next year. He sounded very ready to move on based on his Baschamania interview and being a husband/father excites him way more than anything he has done on the mat (and I couldn't be happier for him from that standpoint)

I know it’s been commented on but I need to point it out again. Connor Mirasola beat Evan Wick twice in a row. Pinned him at the Farrell and then beat him again this weekend. Those are great wins. Connor seems to be getting better and better each time out. Beating Max Dean was a huge win as well. I was excited when him and his brother committed but I’m even more excited after his past couple tournaments

Alirez is trouble for anyone at 65kg except for probably Zain if he can make the weight without it killing him. Alirez is just so good in freestyle. His sweep single into a lace is absolutely beautiful and he’s one of the best in the world at that transition. He just kills people will it. 65kg is super deep with quite a few guys that can win and he is absolutely one of them. I think Zain is at the top if he can handle the weight cut. Then the next tier is Nick Lee, Yianni, and Alirez. 3rd tier is BB, McKenna, Pantaleo and maybe Gross, Desanto, Eirman, and I’m sure I’m missing a few others. All of those guys are fairly close those and wouldn’t be surprised if 1 or 2 of them went on a run
Possible wildcard: James Green recently put out on social media 65 was finally feeling good to him. We’ll see though—he’s been on the shelf for a while and will have to win LCQ. But I tend to agree with you about tiers.

Alex is gonna be a great wrestler for us, I think.

Last edited:
I know it’s been commented on but I need to point it out again. Connor Mirasola beat Evan Wick twice in a row. Pinned him at the Farrell and then beat him again this weekend. Those are great wins. Connor seems to be getting better and better each time out. Beating Max Dean was a huge win as well. I was excited when him and his brother committed but I’m even more excited after his past couple tournaments
High school kid, mind boggling.

I agree. When the twins committed I thought they were not elite level recruits. I assumed they probably weren’t getting any scholarship money.

Now they look like fast risers in the rankings. By the end of their senior years I could see Connor end up as a top 4-8 p4p, Cole in the low teens. They are improving at an incredible rate.

More like Spencer shutting up those loser Penn State fans that have been trash talking him and his family for a long time now.
Umm bullshit. I talked to Larry at the last psu dual. His hate for the fans was insurmountable.

So many people clapped and cheered for Spencer and all daddy Lee could focus on was a few boos.

I feel sorry for the Lee family.

You lost my respect when you made fun of ping pong a few posts ago . Ever watch Bruce Lee play ping pong now that’s entertainment .

If I had a hundred coins I’d put 90 into Spencer’s bucket and 10 in the alirez bucket. .
I would have kicked Bruce Lee's ass at ping pong. And I will kick anyone's ass one this board too.🙂

• Haha
Reactions: WexfordWarrior
Umm bullshit. I talked to Larry at the last psu dual. His hate for the fans was insurmountable.

So many people clapped and cheered for Spencer and all daddy Lee could focus on was a few boos.

I feel sorry for the Lee family.
Why the hell would he expect different anyways? He wrestle for the enemy. When has a PSU wrestler ever gotten anything but boos at Carver? Rumors are, what they get is way worse if anything. What has Spencer done to warrant a standing ovation even?

Don't give me the "Gable got a standing ovation", that was in a dual where individual matches didn't matter and Gable was doing his swan song.

Possible wildcard: James Green recently put out on social media 65 was finally feeling good to him. We’ll see though—he’s been on the shelf for a while and will have to win LCQ. But I tend to agree with you about tiers.

Alex is gonna be a great wrestler for us, I think.
I believe Green has qualified for the Trials by being 2021 World Team member.

Reactions: goldenanimal
Tonight, I went back and watched the Finals. It got me thinking, is Dieringer the best guy who has never been "the guy?" He's been unfortunate to be behind Dake, Burroughs, Taylor, Zahid, and others. 3x National Champ, Hodge winner, and hasn't ever been able to break through. Anyone with a better pedigree that hasn't been our rep?

Why the hell would he expect different anyways? He wrestle for the enemy. When has a PSU wrestler ever gotten anything but boos at Carver? Rumors are, what they get is way worse if anything. What has Spencer done to warrant a standing ovation even?

Don't give me the "Gable got a standing ovation", that was in a dual where individual matches didn't matter and Gable was doing his swan song.
Gable got his standing ovation because of his Olympic Gold. I know that at the World Cup Taylor and Dake both got standing ovations. Not sure who else.
That was obviously a senior event and not college.
Taylor and Dake both played the crowd and the fans loved them.

Tonight, I went back and watched the Finals. It got me thinking, is Dieringer the best guy who has never been "the guy?" He's been unfortunate to be behind Dake, Burroughs, Taylor, Zahid, and others. 3x National Champ, Hodge winner, and hasn't ever been able to break through. Anyone with a better pedigree that hasn't been our rep?
Funny - I was thinking about that earlier too. Another name I came up with was Jason Nolf, but for fewer years.

Reactions: hlstone
Spencer Lee. I kid I kid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT