ADVERTISEMENT

US open - Junior Nationals

That was a very entertaining match.

Facundo showed some crazy good defense in the 2nd. Hamiti was in great position to score a couple of times, but just couldn't quite finish.
Facundo's physical gifts, scrambling and defensive abilities are awesome ... definitely needs to add a ton to his offensive arsenal. IIRC, he wanted to counter everything Kennedy threw at him at WNO but Kennedy was too clean to his finishes.

Alas, I'm so happy we have him and I look forward to his rematch with Pat!

So Willie still thinks Facundo is gonna get with Cael. So his earlier tweet was not meant to sow doubt that Facundo is still coming to PSU. Phew.
I was the one guilty of posting it and I backtracked and apologized on the thread if I caused a panic. I think it was clearly referencing the weights (they both already signed).

Paddy is going 157 next year, maybe he stays there his whole career or maybe he goes 165 one point. There's been talks here of Facundo going 184 possibly if he wants to bulk up (his frame is insane) so if that's the case, it's very possible that the #1 and 2 PFP kids at close weights going to OSU/PSU might never wrestle in college.

Reactions: Dogwelder
It doesn’t seem like the consolation brackets are available on arena. Anyone know where you can find those?

It doesn’t seem like the consolation brackets are available on arena. Anyone know where you can find those?

The consolation brackets are there, but if you are using your phone the page formatting to get to them might be a little screwed up like it is for me. There is a 4th drop down menu option right below the others that should say “Championship”. It likely runs into the bracket round number like it does with mine.

You can also turn your phone sideways and get the correct formatting on the page for an easier selection.

The consolation brackets are there, but if you are using your phone the page formatting to get to them might be a little screwed up like it is for me. There is a 4th drop down menu option right below the others that should say “Championship”. It likely runs into the bracket round number like it does with mine.

You can also turn your phone sideways and get the correct formatting on the page for an easier selection.
thanks. that was it.

Facundo is also in the whole on Mat 4 in a 3rd place match.

Bartlett turns it on in the second period with 11 straight unanswered points to win 11-3 in the first of best of three.
Bartlett was the smaller wrestler......at 143 lbs. Looked great in the second period though.

Facundo seems very positionally and technically sound. Not flashy or an offensive juggernaut (yet). Great defense. Doesn’t give up bad points.
That sounds like what people described Cenzo as his freshman year during the season .... though he did give up bad points aha

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT