ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

Well one thing seems certain. That is one kid who is committed and had not placed limits on himself. How can you not be impressed with what he has accomplished? I don't know where his ceiling is, and it seems neither does anyone else.

B9316626042Z.1_20150316164618_000_G8RA855TP.1-0.jpg

My dislike for Spencer is based mostly on the fact that his fan base was so obnoxious during his reign. I was told by Hawk fans that he is the best Hawk ever and after he wins 4x he will be considered the best ever NCAA wrestler of all time. My wanting him to lose is more of a desire for his fanboys to eat crow than ill will towards Spencer.

My dislike for Spencer is based mostly on the fact that his fan base was so obnoxious during his reign. I was told by Hawk fans that he is the best Hawk ever and after he wins 4x he will be considered the best ever NCAA wrestler of all time. My wanting him to lose is more of a desire for his fanboys to eat crow than ill will towards Spencer.
Totally agree. Sad thing is that they still think he’s a goat despite counting more lights than the top 5 Penn State wrestlers combined.

Totally agree. Sad thing is that they still think he’s a goat despite counting more lights than the top 5 Penn State wrestlers combined.
Top 5 combined is generous toward Iowa. PSU has had six 3x champs under Cael: Zain, Nolf, Carter, Ruth, Brooks, Nickal. None were pinned in their college careers.

Unless I missed something, all national champs in the Cael Era have combined for 4 pins against (1 each for Nico, RBY, Taylor, Q).

don't blame Spencer for those loser iowa fans!it kills them knowing the best ever iowa wrestler is from PA!!

Top 5 combined is generous toward Iowa. PSU has had six 3x champs under Cael: Zain, Nolf, Carter, Ruth, Brooks, Nickal. None were pinned in their college careers.

Unless I missed something, all national champs in the Cael Era have combined for 4 pins against (1 each for Nico, RBY, Taylor, Q).
It’s Christmas time and I was in a generous mood. In reality I was to lazy to do the research and gave a quick safe number.

Reactions: danoftw and El-Jefe
if your PSU and dissapointed

Have to be a little happy seeing Quincy Monday tech Moria’s husband….what’s his face…12-2. 🤣
met Quincy last year , he came across as gracious and humble . Basically easy guy to root for, actually have met a few guys from the area (Rider, Princeton and Rutgers) and the ones I have met I left with a good impression.

Reactions: Sett1997

Was Nick pinned in first round of Nattys in his first year? The year he ran off 6-7 wins on back side.

I could prolly count on 2 hands the total amount of NF points our 3xers gave up.

Mark Hall vs Connor Mirasola

Hall high crotch. Not sure how Mirasola defended that but he did. Stalemate. Shot clock for Connor. 1-0 Mark as clock expires. 1-0 at the break.

Connor briefly had an ankle. Connor counter TD and it’s 2-1 Mirasola. Hall has a single and finishes. 3-2 Hall. Connor in on a single but Hall scores on a counter TD. 5-2 now. There the experience difference showed itself. Hall again counters a Connor shot and it’s 7-2. Can’t fault Mirasola for being aggressive.
Was Nick pinned in first round of Nattys in his first year? The year he ran off 6-7 wins on back side.

I could prolly count on 2 hands the total amount of NF points our 3xers gave up.
Yes, by Ryan Diehl of Maryland. Diehl also beat Jason Nolf when they were in high school. I would take Nick and Jason’s long term results, but Diehl had a nice career.

don't blame Spencer for those loser iowa fans!it kills them knowing the best ever iowa wrestler is from PA!!
More like Spencer shutting up those loser Penn State fans that have been trash talking him and his family for a long time now.

• Haha
Reactions: Ski
So, which of today’s champs have the best chance at making the olympics? Spencer is obviously #1, but I wouldn’t sleep on Allirez if I was Nick, Yianni or Zain. He looks super good. I’d mention Monday, but we’re too loaded at the top of 74, IMO.

More like Spencer shutting up those loser Penn State fans that have been trash talking him and his family for a long time now.
I’m not sure it’s within his power to shut his critics up. If he wins, they will find reason to minimize. If he loses, then they will dunk. Maybe best to give up that battle, and realize message board posters aren’t really all that important to his goals nor his sense of well being?

He got pinned twice in his career, by Kaden Gfeller (the not most stable human being) and Ryan Diehl.

Typical ... lots of great wrestling this weekend, but not a peep from Hawk fans until Lord Spencer does something good.

If it were not for all the HR assholes like yourself, Spencer would get as much love/respect as other great wrestlers. And yes, SL is just one of many.
Im a hawk fan and have been saying this for yrs.

So, which of today’s champs have the best chance at making the olympics? Spencer is obviously #1, but I wouldn’t sleep on Allirez if I was Nick, Yianni or Zain. He looks super good. I’d mention Monday, but we’re too loaded at the top of 74, IMO.
Zain has turned into such an animal I'm not sure anyone in the World can beat him 2 of 3.
He just seems to be cut from a different cloth mentally.

Last edited:
Reactions: District four
Allirez looked real good.
I’m not sure it’s within his power to shut his critics up. If he wins, they will find reason to minimize. If he loses, then they will dunk. Maybe best to give up that battle, and realize message board posters aren’t really all that important to his goals nor his sense of well being?
I'm just having FUN on a Sunday afternoon. No big deal

Last edited:
Yes, by Ryan Diehl of Maryland. Diehl also beat Jason Nolf when they were in high school. I would take Nick and Jason’s long term results, but Diehl had a nice career.
Diehl was a 4x state champ. Two in PA after two in (I think) Maryland

Yeah, if he was a natural 65 at this point, or 70 was the olympic weight, I’d completely agree.
I edited my post on the 65kg question. How hard of cut is it for him? Just ridiculous that they don't have the World weights for the olympics.
74 to 86 ...26 lbs between the weights. Totally absurd.
Same with the jump from 97 to 125. How about a 112 in there?
Asinine.
Guess it takes too much time away from the ping pong and badminton.

Definitely Spencer. For others… Beau has shown he can wrestle with the best and Alirez dominated him. Moore is a heck of a wrestler but has too strong an opponent to get thru to make the team. Ditto Dieringer and Monday.

Reactions: nerfstate
Not totally true, @Sett1997 is a good guy.
Oh I tell ya, this a rough board, rough board
No respect. The only person that liked the post about me being a good guy...was me!

Reminds me of the neighborhood I grew up in, tough neighborhood, tough neighborhood.
The sign on the library wall said "shut the f*ck up"!
Tough neighborhood, at my high school football games , after they sacked the opposing quarterback, they went after his family!

Respect I Tell Ya GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Last edited:
How hard of cut is it for him?
Bad enough that on the Baschamania podcast after worlds, he was noncommital about whether he'd be cutting to 65 or going to 74 for trials. He sits in the semis, and I have to think he'll choose 65, but maybe it just isn't in the cards anymore. Definitely frustrated w/ the weight options we have at the Olympics . . . By most accounts, this will be Zain's final rodeo, so it'd be great if he could go out at his best weight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT