ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

Don't be surprised if you see Suriano wrestling for Italy! He and his Pops were pssied with Covid test bullshit they pulled at the last Olympic trials. He was peaking perfectly for those trials. And he got screwed for a false positive Covid test. They won't let that happen again. Why would he want to go through the meat grinder that in the US at 57kg when he is guaranteed a spot on the Italian team with a great chance to grab a medal like Amine did. As Michael Corrleone says "it is the smart move!"

Is Italy even qualified for the 2024 Olympics at 57 kg? He’s running out of time to get it qualified if he chooses to go that route.

Reactions: Rocky_Smith
I have fished Montana, and it was lifetime experience. However, PA guides have said you nailed fish on the heavily trafficked PA streams, it prepares one for less pressured Western streams.

Reactions: PSU Mike
I have fished Montana, and it was lifetime experience. However, PA guides have said you nailed fish on the heavily trafficked PA streams, it prepares one for less pressured Western streams.
It’s definitely true. I learned on Penns Creek in the late 80s, and now live in the West. I look back on that time in Central PA with fondness, and find the fishing in my new home much easier. I am blessed to fish the streams and rivers out here.

Reactions: billrag
My dislike for Spencer is based mostly on the fact that his fan base was so obnoxious during his reign. I was told by Hawk fans that he is the best Hawk ever and after he wins 4x he will be considered the best ever NCAA wrestler of all time. My wanting him to lose is more of a desire for his fanboys to eat crow than ill will towards Spencer.
This is completely right. As far as best Hawks…Barry Davis was just as dominant. 162 wins against 9 loses. Won an Olympic silver while still in college.

It’s definitely true. I learned on Penns Creek in the late 80s, and now live in the West. I look back on that time in Central PA with fondness, and find the fishing in my new home much easier. I am blessed to fish the streams and rivers out here.
I would imagine so. The Letort, out of Boiling Springs, always was a challenge

Reactions: Cold Smoke
Is Mexico? (RBY)
I don’t think Mexico is yet, either.

Not sure how far along Suriano is in the process- or, if he’s even pursuing it- but it seems like RBY has already taken the steps toward approval for representing Mexico.

I don’t have any issues with athletes representing other countries and wouldn’t blame Suriano at all if he chose to rep Italy.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Huge challenge back when the Letort was not paved over. You related to Bob Shaffer, state champ from Clearfield long ago? I am. Western fly fisher for over forty years. SW Montana.
nope, not related to Bob - most of my father's family left the area long ago. Brother is still up there though..

Penns Creek - for 6 or so years went there for a week with my State College Boy Scout Troop. Amazing time. We partially dammed up the creek to swim and float on mats. Circa 1961 to 1967. Wow. PA is some kind of beautiful!

Lightening Luke takes out an NCAA finalist more or less effortlessly while still in high school. He will start next year 125 and will be favored to make the finals, just saying.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Not from what I'm seeing. I mean Luke is good but to say he's a definite for the finals is a stretch in my opinion. But I've been wrong before
Davis is getting valuable D1 wrestling experience and room time this year. I think it will be tough to take his spot next year.
Have they ever wrestled?

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Not sure of the history, is it a lock that Luke beats Davis next year?

I should be clear. I don't actually think Davis would move up because 125 would be lost to LL, but that he might just grow a bit. He's kind of lanky and could like most of us "fill out a bit" from the normal maturation while in college.

Of course some of us continue the process after college.

I should be clear. I don't actually think Davis would move up because 125 would be lost to LL, but that he might just grow a bit. He's kind of lanky and could like most of us "fill out a bit" from the normal maturation while in college.

If Davis outgrows 125 and Luke is ready to go from the jump, it’s not hard at all to see Davis beating Nagao out for 133 next season.

If Davis outgrows 125 and Luke is ready to go from the jump, it’s not hard at all to see Davis beating Nagao out for 133 next season.

Agreed. I think Davis' is better on his feet, has a higher attack rate. We'll see what happens at the tournaments, and then the long time over the summer.

Reactions: NittanyChris
From a lineup perspective it would seem Luke redshirting next year with Davis and Nagao at 125/133, then Davis RS and moving to 133 after Nagao graduates could work well.
Very true. I was just wondering if Davis might outgrow 125 given his height.

I'm pretty sure Cael said in a presser that Davis was not going to be a 125 pounder in the future he is a big kid and lanky

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT