ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

17 year old high school seniors? It’s sad that that is considered crazy nowadays. That also makes me way more excited about them than I already was.

Lilledahl 6th is laughable.
Dunno. There's not much difference between the top guys. And not sure, but free style results may not enter the equation for Flo's HS ranking.

1. Ferrari
2. Davino
3. Blaze (recently beaten by Davino at Iron Man)
4. Ryder
5. Hopke
6. Lilledahl
7. Forrest (he and Lilledahl flip-flopped after Iron Man)

And if Ferrari is #1 (which is fine), how do you put Sealy at #14? The difference between the two was razor thin at Iron Man. One could almost rank these top guys by pulling names out of a hat.

jack-lido-iowa.gif
I didn't realize AJ Ferrari was a cheerleader, too.

Dunno. There's not much difference between the top guys. And not sure, but free style results may not enter the equation for Flo's HS ranking.

1. Ferrari
2. Davino
3. Blaze (recently beaten by Davino at Iron Man)
4. Ryder
5. Hopke
6. Lilledahl
7. Forrest (he and Lilledahl flip-flopped after Iron Man)

And if Ferrari is #1 (which is fine), how do you put Sealy at #14? The difference between the two was razor thin at Iron Man. One could almost rank these top guys by pulling names out of a hat.
Cael uses Freestyle results. Why do i even care what the Flomos think.

The stuff I stop myself from saying isn't always pretty..
Unlike me I'm what they call man pretty..
Shaking That 70S Show GIF by Laff
Can confirm. That's pretty much what you looked like in high school. Just can't figure out what took Mrs. C stroke so long to see it.

quite a few kids grad at 17 I did, turned 18 that sept!
The cutoff, in PA, used to be the end of January, so many people would turn 18 the Fall after HS graduation. Somewhere around 35 years ago the cutoff was moved to the end of September, so now there is a much better chance of turning 19 in the Fall after graduation. Almost all July - September birthdays get held back in Pre-K.

Reactions: LongJakk
Dude, we're shaming fly fishermen in this thread now.

I went out to Montana and Wyoming with the boys this summer, and I've never felt so incompetent as I did, walking in the stream with a fly rod in my hands.
The purpose of all that gear you (we) take fly fishing is so we don't look completely stupid while standing in waist deep water.

Reactions: WildTurk
Why wouldn't Suriano get a seed?
Don't be surprised if you see Suriano wrestling for Italy! He and his Pops were pssied with Covid test bullshit they pulled at the last Olympic trials. He was peaking perfectly for those trials. And he got screwed for a false positive Covid test. They won't let that happen again. Why would he want to go through the meat grinder that in the US at 57kg when he is guaranteed a spot on the Italian team with a great chance to grab a medal like Amine did. As Michael Corrleone says "it is the smart move!"

Reactions: 1AA
Don't be surprised if you see Suriano wrestling for Italy! He and his Pops were pssied with Covid test bullshit they pulled at the last Olympic trials. He was peaking perfectly for those trials. And he got screwed for a false positive Covid test. They won't let that happen again. Why would he want to go through the meat grinder that in the US at 57kg when he is guaranteed a spot on the Italian team with a great chance to grab a medal like Amine did. As Michael Corrleone says "it is the smart move!"
How long before Italy pisses them off and Nick goes to San Marino?

What’s with these grown men at 57kg and their Fathers running their lives?

LOL, any excuse will do.

Dude, we're shaming fly fishermen in this thread now.

I went out to Montana and Wyoming with the boys this summer, and I've never felt so incompetent as I did, walking in the stream with a fly rod in my hands.
Try this one: Electroshock a stream and find it loaded with wild brown trout, and some pretty nice size ones. Return the following spring with your fly rod, just to get skunked...several times. Humbling to say the least.

Try this one: Electroshock a stream and find it loaded with wild brown trout, and some pretty nice size ones. Return the following spring with your fly rod, just to get skunked...several times. Humbling to say the least.

Been there, done that. I have a video around here somewhere of an electroshocking survey on a local wild brown trout stream that I helped with where real quality fish, 12-20 inchers were rolling out one after the other. I fish the stream frequently and in anything other than perfect conditions, fish of that size can be real bastards to catch, hook or even interest in a fly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT