ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

I agree. When the twins committed I thought they were not elite level recruits. I assumed they probably weren’t getting any scholarship money.

Now they look like fast risers in the rankings. By the end of their senior years I could see Connor end up as a top 4-8 p4p, Cole in the low teens. They are improving at an incredible rate.
Our coaches have an eye for what can be.

Funny - I was thinking about that earlier too. Another name I came up with was Jason Nolf, but for fewer years.
I really think Nolf will be "the guy" after this cycle. For Ringer, it is crazy that we have a guy that probably would have several world medals, and likely a gold (there was the year where he and Dake were very likely the 2 best in the world by a wode margin), if he wasn't the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best on our own team.

Don't get your panties in a wad. I'm just having FUN with it.
You do realize that Iowa athletes and fans have no idea what the word “fun” actually means, right?

Maybe you can sneak into the PSU Wrestling room sometime and educate yourself.

Reactions: Lyco1990
Man, just watched the 86kg "5th place bout" between McFadden and Wick. Tough to see, McFadden clearly trying to compete, but was just completely unable to do so. This sport can be heartbreaking.
Yeah, that’s sad. That’s a match for a shot at the Olympic trials, one step closer to every wrestling kid’s dream. It’s not surprising these guys are taking the “it’s merely a flesh wound” approach to MFFs in that round.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
You do realize that Iowa athletes and fans have no idea what the word “fun” actually means, right?

Me sneaking into the Penn State wrestling room.

Kevin Hart Cop GIF by The Roku Channel

I edited my post on the 65kg question. How hard of cut is it for him? Just ridiculous that they don't have the World weights for the olympics.
74 to 86 ...26 lbs between the weights. Totally absurd.
Same with the jump from 97 to 125. How about a 112 in there?
Asinine.
Guess it takes too much time away from the ping pong and badminton.
Hey, don't crap on ping pong and badminton; those are both legit. But if you want to rail on rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming, I'm on board.

Hey, don't crap on ping pong and badminton; those are both legit. But if you want to rail on rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming, I'm on board.
That dude is a jerkface. Ping pong is one of the greatest sports in the world. He's just jealous, cause he is terrible at it. I would beat him with my left birkenstock.

Gable got his standing ovation because of his Olympic Gold. I know that at the World Cup Taylor and Dake both got standing ovations. Not sure who else.
That was obviously a senior event and not college.
Taylor and Dake both played the crowd and the fans loved them.
At the NCAA Semi's last year, Spencer got a huge standing ovation as a result of getting decked by Ramos. Larry needs to be a "the glass if half full" kind of guy.

I agree. When the twins committed I thought they were not elite level recruits. I assumed they probably weren’t getting any scholarship money.

Now they look like fast risers in the rankings. By the end of their senior years I could see Connor end up as a top 4-8 p4p, Cole in the low teens. They are improving at an incredible rate.
In Flo’s Dec 13 PFP ranking , Connor was 11 and Cole was 13. I’ll be anxious to see where they are on the next ranking update.

PSU recruits are dominating the Flo PFP ranking with 6 of the top 14:
Ryder 4th
Lilledahl 6th
Duke 9th
Connor 11th
Cole 13th
Sealy 14th

In Flo’s Dec 13 PFP ranking , Connor was 11 and Cole was 13. I’ll be anxious to see where they are on the next ranking update.

Ryder 4th
Lilledahl 6th
Duke 9th
Connor 11th
Cole 13th
Sealy 14th
Good thing they're comin in hot because as we all know, Cael can 'cruit but Cael can't coach!

Last edited:

Ryder 4th
Lilledahl 6th
Duke 9th
Connor 11th
Cole 13th
Sealy 14th
I guess L3’s recent senior series losses must be being held against him….. 6th?? GTFOH

Ankle. He got stepped on.
He's good, coaches probably want to bubble wrap him whenever there are bumps and bruises. There are ton of rumblings that Gable isn't coming back so he should be the favorite for NCAA in this scenario and if not, who would even enter 125 at Last Chance that would challenge him. Lucas Davison? Schultz does Greco, Yonger wrestles for Cuba (and probably would be closer to a 97 anyways)

Assume Kerk will go to last chance. This HWT field would have been a cake walk for him. Hopefully he ok

Or of course he could win NCAAs and get in, but if Gable comes back that’s not likely
I don’t know.

Been to several, the atmosphere is unlike any wrestling room I was ever in.

Ryder 4th
Lilledahl 6th
Duke 9th
Connor 11th
Cole 13th
Sealy 14th
Conner would have to jump to number 1.
I've never been more impressed with a high school kid since Aaron Pico.
What a shame we didn't get to see him compete in college and continue his freestyle career.

Pico in high school beats Jordan Oliver, destroys Kellen Russel. Wrestled Zain 6 times in his career, 6-0 vs Zain. Not a knock on Zain, just added to give clarity on how good he was. Kid was a true phenom. Lost to Molinaro 1-2 in the final.
Pico vs Russell

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT