ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds thread

My favorite part was when Bo turned into a robot and digitized his Uzbekistan opponent.

FUYosQa.jpg
Could be an Impressionist painting. Wrestling on the Banks of the Seine by Matisse

Gavin Nelson goes down in semis to RUS, 8-0. is Bassett the only day-2 cadet to make it through to the final. Five finalists total, four go later today.

Reactions: diggerpup
Reminds me of trying to watching some scrambled Cinemax skin flicks that we didn't subcribe to when I was a kid.
another reason to hate freestyle Americans always getting screwed by the refs even if they wrestle in the USA!!

Lilledahl in 48kg finals vs Aman (IND), Lilledahl down 1-0 on a shot clock point at break.
Aman is a tough hand fighter, Lilledahl having trouble breaking through, Aman gets two on a go behind, up 3-0.
Lilledahl converts an Aman shot with a go-behind, 3-2, :25 left.
Can't get anything else, silver for Lilledahl.

This .... that is completely unfair. We pay a premium fee (and pay for a full year upfront), we should be exempt from advertisements period let alone in the middle of live events we're paying for.
I dropped them and glad I did. Miss the action but not the frustration.

Really impressed with India, that's a country on the up and up regarding their youth wrestling. Sleeping giant may start to awaken soon...

Reactions: flyinorvi
Funny moment on the Mat A bronze match, with the ref losing control repeatedly trying to get the wrestlers to start in center. India needed points, AZE was gassed and content to back up, it had to be restarted maybe six times.

I think Shapiro is on deck on Mat B, but there's nothing going on on either mat right now.

He's up, vs. Gogritchiani (GEO).
  • Gogritchiani warned for passivity.
  • Shapiro looking for points off a front headlock, but gets none. Gogritchiani on clock now.
  • Shapiro gets the point, and looks for more via whizzer, but stopped for potentially dangerous. Break, up 1-0.
  • Shapiro gets behind but Gogritchiani rolls him for 4, Shapiro gets a reversal point, so down 4-2. Shapiro dives over, gets behind to tie, but behind on criteria, 4-4.
  • Sweet shot results in two, Shapiro up 6-4.
  • Gogritchiani looks for something big, Shapiro not having it, appears to have a pin, but regardless, he take the gold! Great match.

Last edited:
Watching the bronze match now, one thing that is universal is that you can always hear the Italian coaches

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
my first match seeing shapiro and it looked like he has a lot of nolf in him. his quiet aggression inspires zero doubt that he would pull it off.
I think style-wise, he reminds me of Nick Lee. Wide square stance, and uses upper body to set up a variety of leg attacks and go behinds. Comfortable in every position, lanky, great snap down. But some of that stuff describes Nolf too.

Oh man, the Italian kid was down big and almost had the Russian pinned. Ends getting flipped over and getting pinned himself. Would have loved to watch the Italian fan/coach reactions had he finished that.

Reactions: danoftw
Rowley v Jaglan (IND) for gold
  • Rowley steps out but didn't hear the whistle and kept wrestling. Down 1-0.
  • Rowley down 2-0 at break, both points on step outs. Rowley also warned for passivity.
  • Rowley getting pushed around, gives up another step-out point. 1:12 remaining, down 3-0.
  • And another, 4-0.
  • That's it, he'll settle for silver. Nice tournament.

Last edited:
Bo shoots at a Nolf/DT like pace quite often to his detriment. Got countered 3 times and actually was down most the match but eventually gets the pin while up 12 - 8. 100% aggression the entire match, seems like it would suck to wrestle him.
Kyle Todrank once got a reversal on Nolf to Todrank’s detriment. Aggression is fickle but seems to benefit those who wrestle with it

Reactions: danoftw
Mullen up now vs Iran. Gives up 4 going out of bounds immediately. And again, 8-0. Not to be that guy, but the Iranian kid doesn't look particularly kid-like. Sloppy shot by Mullen, tries to recover by going headlock, Iran slips behind and that's that. Silver for Mullen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT