ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds thread

So far, Meyer Shapiro (65kg) has been a revelation, kid looks comfortable scoring from anywhere. Style reminds me of Nickal, where he slides down to legs from upper body. Despite getting screwed on scoring sequence against the Russian kid in the quarters, he came back to win 8-6.

But all our kids have looked good so far. Luke Lilledahl (48kg) is already into the semis. James Rowley (80kg) also into the semis. Spencer Moore (55kg) went down and will need help from Armenia to stay in. The US HWT (110kg) was up 8-1 in his 1/16 match and had to hang on 8-8, looking gassed, so he'll be this up quarters round as well.

When the semis start, which should be soon, Lilledahl will be up on Mat C vs RUS's Musakhadzhie. (Sorry, this is was incorrect, this was the first match, Lilledahl prevailed on a late challenge--worth rewinding to see this match, though, it was wild). Semis will be at noon eastern.

Last edited:
My newborn and I were watching all morning -he has a PSU Wrestling approved name and I am grateful he was able to watch (and totally comprehend) American Domination of Russia this morning. Very entertaining matches this AM! Great few days to be a wrestling fan.

So far, Meyer Shapiro (65kg) has been a revelation, kid looks comfortable scoring from anywhere. Style reminds me of Nickal, where he slides down to legs from upper body. Despite getting screwed on scoring sequence against the Russian kid in the quarters, he came back to win 8-6.

But all our kids have looked good so far. Luke Lilledahl (48kg) is already into the semis. James Rowley (80kg) also into the semis. Spencer Moore (55kg) went down and will need help from Armenia to stay in. The US HWT (110kg) was up 8-1 in his 1/16 match and had to hang on 8-8, looking gassed, so he'll be this up quarters round as well.
I think they got that Shapiro match right. That exposure was all Russian imo. He hooked the leg and trapped the wrist and summersaulted over to expose Shapiro. The Russians are really good at that series.

Good wrestling from both and some clutch sequences from Shapiro to come out on top.

Links to videos from this morning
Muller 1/8:

Mullen quarter:

Shapiro 1/8:

Shapiro quarter:

Lilledahl qualifying round:

Lilledahl quarter:

Moore 1/8:

Rowley 1/8:

Rowley quarter:

Shapiro has the frame to be a solid 157...

Also, that young man just kills people that take bad shots. Yeesh.

Reactions: kevin310
Links to videos from this morning
Muller 1/8:

Mullen quarter:

Shapiro 1/8:

Shapiro quarter:

Lilledahl qualifying round:

Lilledahl quarter:

Moore 1/8:

Rowley 1/8:

Rowley quarter:
The Russian was displeased with the result of the challenge in the Shapiro match.

The Russian was displeased with the result of the challenge in the Shapiro match.
Not sure why the final score wasn't 9 - 4 for Shapiro ..looked to me like the one exposure was all from Shapiro's move but after initially posting 2 for Shapiro it was then reversed and they gave two to the Russian..confusing sequence to me but then I'm still no expert on freestyle scoring

Not sure why the final score wasn't 9 - 4 for Shapiro ..looked to me like the one exposure was all from Shapiro's move but after initially posting 2 for Shapiro it was then reversed and they gave two to the Russian..confusing sequence to me but then I'm still no expert on freestyle scoring
It was the russian's move. hooked the leg and trapped the wrist and summersaulted over. a somewhat common move overseas. catches americans off guard all the time.

Am I missing something? All of the good guys are supposedly wrestling on Mat A. I can't find Mat A on Flo, only Mat B.

Reactions: Sullivan
Am I missing something? All of the good guys are supposedly wrestling on Mat A. I can't find Mat A on Flo, only Mat B.
Originally everyone on Twitter said they'd be on multiple mats, but seems all the Semi's are on B.

His opponent in the finals from Georgia was down 3 or 4 with short time...must have hit a big move in the waning moments of his semi?

Nvmd...I saw that there was a challenge and points reversed. That was the difference.

Last edited:
Okay - full court press and a half on Shapiro. If there's any must get between 2022 and 2023, it's him.
That's why we sent our lead recruiter @smalls103 to Budapest.

tenor.gif

Will be on high alert for Maddie's in preschool.

We are practicing, "I am just grateful for the opportunity." and "just going out there having F*n" at each diaper change.

I can't see or hear 'diaper change' without remembering my son's first 'sentence', delivered during one change's final steps.

He said: 'Penis, balls, bye-bye.'

Rowley now up against Niccolini from Italy.
And he moves into the final with a 10-0 tech, though it looks like they may challenge the last exposure. Challenge won, so it flips to 9-2, followed by a step out, followed by a TD, and Rowley is in with a 12-2 tech.

Last edited:
Flo stream is very hiccupy, keeps flipping back to the beginning of the stream.

Mullen should be the last US kid to go today, after this other 110kg semi. He'd be the fourth US finalist if he prevails, out of only five going today.

Flo stream is very hiccupy, keeps flipping back to the beginning of the stream.

Mullen should be the last US kid to go today, after this other 110kg semi. He'd be the fourth US finalist if he prevails, out of only five going today.
At least it's not cutting to commercial in the middle of matches like their fargo stream

At least it's not cutting to commercial in the middle of matches like their fargo stream
This .... that is completely unfair. We pay a premium fee (and pay for a full year upfront), we should be exempt from advertisements period let alone in the middle of live events we're paying for.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Mullen up 1-0 at break, after a successful challenge of a Mullen TD which KAZ appeared to dance out of in time.
Clean double from Mullen makes it 3-0.
Both guys thought upper body, thought better of it, 3-1.
KAZ looked to be pushing Mullen around but Mullen goes by, 5-1. Garbage time TD makes it 7-1 and four of five US finalists.

This .... that is completely unfair. We pay a premium fee (and pay for a full year upfront), we should be exempt from advertisements period let alone in the middle of live events we're paying for.
It's ridiculous. Consistently lowering the bar. Now that they don't have to compete with Track, I'd expect more.

Editing to clarify I meant it will get worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuch96
ADVERTISEMENT