ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds thread

Mullen up now vs Iran. Gives up 4 going out of bounds immediately. And again, 8-0. Not to be that guy, but the Iranian kid doesn't look particularly kid-like. Sloppy shot by Mullen, tries to recover by going headlock, Iran slips behind and that's that. Silver for Mullen.

59ironsheikflag_original.jpg

Iranians tend to give some of our youngsters major problems with their underhooks. It's not a feel you get in the states. USA wrestlers aren't used to going backwards.
Ive often thought this.

Do you know if there are international youth tournaments out there? It always feels that cadet is the arrival on the scene tournament but there has to be something else going on in Asia and europe to get these kids ready. Maybe not.

Ive often thought this.

Do you know if there are international youth tournaments out there? It always feels that cadet is the arrival on the scene tournament but there has to be something else going on in Asia and europe to get these kids ready. Maybe not.
There might be, but the cost is probably prohibitive. The cadets have to pay their own way and it costs a couple thousand bucks just for the world championships. We have age level pan ams and most of the others go to their continentals like Euros and Asians, but pan ams is pretty weak competition wise.

All things considering, our cadet performances are really impressive.

Reactions: chalkstream1
There might be, but the cost is probably prohibitive. The cadets have to pay their own way and it costs a couple thousand bucks just for the world championships. We have age level pan ams and most of the others go to their continentals like Euros and Asians, but pan ams is pretty weak competition wise.

All things considering, our cadet performances are really impressive.
Its expensive sure but we got parents and programs that would do it.

Kind of like how our guys go to Spain or Russia to get some matches in before the trials.

For cadets they only know american style and video tape.

Pan ams is unfortunately a joke competition wise but does get us some experience.

If 6 yo go to Tulsa, a 10 yo to France is plausible for the social media generation. Heck with NIL why not

Bo is legit man. That kid's FCP is going to be bigger than Spencer's, if it isn't already.
NIL is going to play heavily in the future of elite athletes. It has too. No one will challenge that more than the social media machine that is the bassets.

Aruba Ryan would seem to have a leg up with yuks rolodex of bag men. TnT could be slow to embrace because the 3 ring binder was before NIL. Ok state recruits so well, they can never be counted out.

Hopefully #caelhasaplan

NIL is going to play heavily in the future of elite athletes. It has too. No one will challenge that more than the social media machine that is the bassets.

Aruba Ryan would seem to have a leg up with yuks rolodex of bag men. TnT could be slow to embrace because the 3 ring binder was before NIL. Ok state recruits so well, they can never be counted out.

Hopefully #caelhasaplan
This is obviously on a different scale but this is where it all will go. No matter the sport there will be boosters lining up to line pockets.

LOL NOW INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM CASH UNDER THE TABLE THEY CAN OPENLY HAND IT TO THEM!!
This is great! Now the honest schools can compete, and maybe the Southern schools will lose much of their advantage from having the lowest ethical standards.

Reactions: nitlion6
What can be done to get this kid through highschool in 2 years?

Better yet, maybe he can take the GED now!

The first time I watched that I thought the russian coach didnt realize Bo was coming over to shake hands
The second time i realized the russian coach dissed a 14 yr old kid, what an ASSHOLE.

Russians are a different breed. Not a 100% indictment of all Russians to be clear, but they tend to operate off a different moral code. Pretty much everyone knows their leader has opponents whacked, and nothing is done. Probably out of fear. They cheat openly and repeatedly with PEDs and then do it again.

Quick true story. My bro in law gets a knock at the door one day from his Russian neighbor who is holding his 60" flat screen. He asked what's up and the neighbor says "we are going out of town for two weeks, can you hold on to my brand new TV while gone? "

When asked why, the Russian says "my family knows I am traveling and I don't want one of them coming over to my house and stealing it while I am away".

I kid you not this is 100% true

Really good showing for the boys. Youth development has come a long way in the last 10-15 years.

Bassett is as advertised. Looking forward to seeing him in black and gold.

Reactions: BrockBronson
Watch his matches, he scored a ton of takedowns with a but drag. My 9 year old works but drags every time at practice. Perfect the small things and win!
Clearly heavily influenced by his future coaches, the go-behind kings Tom and Terry Brands!

ADVERTISEMENT