ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds thread

Hopefully UWW (or an enterprising Eastern Bloc wrestling fan) can put matches up on YouTube for all to enjoy. FLO will paywall these for decades

CT, my friend. UWW does do this, regularly. And, I've found, pretty quickly after the bouts. Your get out of jail free card is to hide your yankee-ness via VPN. It's powerful, useful software, with a ton of modern uses. Get some, homie!

UWW Cadet homepage, with live-streams right on it (if your browser doesn't treat you like the capitalist pig who lives under the oppressive hand of rights merchants who don't want to acknowledge we all live on the same planet): https://uww.org/event/world-champio...irom-usa/43fdb343-e799-11eb-803a-06b1e9be04dc

Mullen's 1/2 win on youtube:

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
CT, my friend. UWW does do this, regularly. And, I've found, pretty quickly after the bouts. Your get out of jail free card is to hide your yankee-ness via VPN. It's powerful, useful software, with a ton of modern uses. Get some, homie!

UWW Cadet homepage, with live-streams right on it (if your browser doesn't treat you like the capitalist pig who lives under the oppressive hand of rights merchants who don't want to acknowledge we all live on the same planet): https://uww.org/event/world-champio...irom-usa/43fdb343-e799-11eb-803a-06b1e9be04dc

Mullen's 1/2 win on youtube:
Grazie. I’ll explore that avenue

Reactions: jtothemfp
Levi Up:

UZB goes 2 on 1, gets a TD and a turn. Down 0-4 right away.
Levi gets his compuse turns a double into a 4 pt slam. Up 4-4 at the break.
Silky smooth single up 6-4.
Another quick single to make it 8-4 and turns it into a pin! Boom!

Haines gave up a shrug from a Russian tie followed buy a gut early. Gained control of the ties late in the first to a double leg lifted off the mat to some sort of flying roll finish for 4 late in the first.

started firing off high crotches in the second. Two take downs and an exposure which he finished in a sort of bow and arrow to cradle for the fall.

Beau Mantanona up too:

Missed it watching Levi but he's down 0-4. Opponent taking a Lunger it seems 1 min left.
In on a leg but AZE does a nice job evading to make it only a step out. 1-4
In on a leg again, AZE knee definitely hit as he runs out of bounds too, but they missed it? Suprise no brick. 2-4.
Beau loses 2-6* (last ditch effort for a throw resulted in AZE TD). Not sure what happened in first 3 mins. Russia lost at this weight too according to Twitter.

Nathan Jesuroga

Good movement to counter go behind. Up 2-0.
2 mins of positioning battle.
Break
Nathan on a shot but countered by Turkey nicely and eventually gets the TD. Down 2-2.
Nathan pushing the pace, good defense by Turkey in on a shot........and after fighting for the TD for 20 seconds or so gets it at the last second. wins 4-2.

Levi loses 4-3. Levi had a push out to win it but I guess Turkey dead fished / gamed the push out enough to be grounded. Was 3-3, USA challenged and lost.
Yeah, a pretty questionable call at the end. Same with the passivity in the first period. Turkey never took a shot the entire match.

Reactions: diggerpup
Yeah, a pretty questionable call at the end. Same with the passivity in the first period. Turkey never took a shot the entire match.
The passivity I get because it there’s no score someone has to go on and benefits Levi to be the first if they’re both going to. The two minute periods are brutal as well.

From my very untrained eye it seems Bo Bassett has zero freestyle savvy to him and it just doesn't matter. His pace and relentlessness is just too much. Another late 2nd period pin.
Zero? I wouldn't say that...he's wrestling kids that exclusively wrestle that style. You don't get to Cadet Worlds (or much less the semis of the Worlds) having zero freestyle savvy.

Reactions: Lioncat95
Zero? I wouldn't say that...he's wrestling kids that exclusively wrestle that style. You don't get to Cadet Worlds (or much less the semis of the Worlds) having zero freestyle savvy.
Yeah, I think his point was maybe overstated, but so far Bo seems to exclusively rely on folkstyle breakdowns to go-behinds plus relentless pace. Which seems to be working out well for him.

Anyone else having issues with the B mat on the Flo stream? It hasn't started yet but that says it'll be where Bassett will be wrestling. The audio goes out and on constantly and you get the spinning circle constantly, other mat is fine of course.

It's unbelievable, I've defended them more often than not but I'm sick of this. Basically got to see none of Bassett's match, was all pixelated garbage.

Reactions: baccafarmer
My favorite part was when Bo turned into a robot and digitized his Uzbekistan opponent.

FUYosQa.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT