ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds thread

I really try to temper my excitement about middle school aged kids, partly because my attention span is too short to want to watch their progression towards college, but also because I've seen so many that were a flash in the pan or who didn't live up to some fans' expectations, but I have to admit that I'm pretty anxious to see Bo Bassett in high school and college after seeing him wrestle here and hearing his post-championship interview. Can you even imagine being a high school kid who has to wrestle him? I've seen a lot of high school kids who were nowhere near this kid's level who were assumed would win each match in high school and I can't even imagine the average kid having to face him. For that matter, I wouldn't want to be a senior who was a returning state champ and have to face him.
Make him go HWT, that way the other kid will have a chance.

• Haha
Reactions: billrag
If I understand the team scoring correctly, in the women's freestyle each 1st place match and each 3rd place match is worth 5 additional team points. India and the USA each have four competitors left while Russia has three. Current scores are India and USA tied at 129 with Russia at 124. So, final results could go any way including a three-way tie.

Do I have this right?

I'm starting to think there may be a reason to bring the thread...why twitter is bad.....

Amit Elor is wild. She's just so much better than everyone else.
She is an amazing talent for sure. Her freshman year in high school in California she went 44-0 with 44 pins to win the state title. That was the last year she wrestled folkstyle because she and her coach decided to focus strictly on freestyle. Here is a great article on her from Flo: Amit Elor article Here a few matches of hers also: Match #1 Match #2 Match #3

Bo Bassett dropped his first Greco match 8-0 to the Russian....who then lost his next match. Looks like he is done :(

Thank you to everyone who participated in this thread. Filled with what I want in an event thread.
Other than one post about Basset in Black and Gold that almost made my keyboard look similar to Flo's stream it was fun to read.

Reactions: danoftw
If I understand the team scoring correctly, in the women's freestyle each 1st place match and each 3rd place match is worth 5 additional team points. India and the USA each have four competitors left while Russia has three. Current scores are India and USA tied at 129 with Russia at 124. So, final results could go any way including a three-way tie.

Do I have this right?

I don't know this answer, but want to learn it. I see on page 24 of this UWW Rules doc that someone here linked (https://uww.org/sites/default/files/media/document/wrestling_rules_7.pdf) that:
Rank in the weight category Points Rank in the weight category Points
1st 10
2nd 9
3rd – 3rd 8
5th – 5th 6
7th 4
8th 3
9th 2
10th 1
But I can't tell when during the comp some or all of those points get sent to the team.

If I understand your question, in the college scoring we're familiar with, the two finalists have already had 12 of 16 points sent to their team, b/c they're guaranteed to finish in at least 2nd (which earns 12 placement pts). So, in the framing of your question, a person who wins their finals match earns the 'extra' 4 points that make up the gap between 1st (16pts) & 2nd (12, already awarded).

Does UWW do the same? Am I even looking at the right spot? tia, whole board!

Amit Elor is wild. She's just so much better than everyone else.
Bump for this suggestion. If you've not seen her wrestle you're missing out on something really special. She's going to be fun to watch down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT