ADVERTISEMENT

2018 B1G Championship Session 2 Thread

Im ok giving back the bball win last night for the yuks to sh!t the bed the rest of the way in this tournament.

So 1. Hidlay, 2. Nolf. 3. Kemerer? Can't see how Nolf wouldn't be seeded ahead of Kemerer since they both have 1 loss now, especially given the nature of Jason's.

Reactions: DeadHead11
165 Semi: Joseph vs. Logan Massa (Mich)

I missed the 1st minute: still 0 - 0. Joseph with a TD, and Massa with an esc, 2-1 End

Per 2
Joseph takes down. OOB with 1:48 left. Joseph out for the esc, 3-1. Joseph shoots, Massa gets away, nothing. Massa shoots, blocked. Technical Violation (illegal hold) against Massa, so a point for Joseph, 4-1. Refs are reviewing. Call is confirmed. End.

Per 3
Massa takes bottom. He's up and out pretty quickly, 4-2. Massa in on a body lock, they go OOB and a TD is awarded to Massa. The officials are going to review this. TD is confirmed, so it's 4-4, with 1:27 left. Massa cuts Joseph, 5-4. Both guys shoot, nothing. Massa shoots, nothing. 1 min left. Joseph shoots, Massa counters, nothing. Massa shoots on the legs, sprawl, nothing. Joseph in on the leg, and OOB with 20 sec left. Massa shoots, Joseph sprawls, Massa shoots again and OOB, stall warning Joseph. Joseph with a front headlock, and that's the match, 5-4

He'll face IMar in the finals

Reactions: diggerpup
So 1. Hidlay, 2. Nolf. 3. Kemerer? Can't see how Nolf wouldn't be seeded ahead of Kemerer since they both have 1 loss now, especially given the nature of Jason's.
I think that's probably right b/c the two finalists--Micah and Pantaleo--have too many losses.

As I said Im happy to give the bball win back.

thanks for taking me up on it bojo

174 Semi: #1 seed Mark Hall vs. #5 seed Johnny Sebastian (NW)

Per 1
Not much thru 1st minute. Nothing thru 2 minutes. Hall in on the left leg, elevates it, and trips him to the mat for the TD, 2-0. Sebastian to his feet and nearly out, but tripped back down. End. RT @ 37 sec for Hall

Per 2
Hall takes bottom. Hall to his feet, stoppage, and an illegal hold against Sebastian, so it's 3-0. Hall to his feet, and he's out, 4-0. End. RT @ 15 sec for Hall

Per 3
Sebastian takes bottom. They go OOB. Sebastian to his feet, and a stalemate with 1:42 left. Hall cuts him, 4-1. RT at 35 sec, so that's not a factor. End.

Well Joseph should secure a top 3 seed. Pretty important.
David McFadden going undefeated (he won a title tonight) suggests to me he'd get the 1 seed if Cenzo beats IMar tomorrow b/c he'd be the only undefeated wrestler, which would make it

1 McFadden
2 Cenzo
3 IMar
4 Marinelli

If IMar beats Cenzo tomorrow then it's probably

1 IMar
2 McFadden
3 Cenzo
4 Marinelli

184 Semi: Nickal vs. Emery Parker (Illini)

Per 1
Missed the beginning due to the Hall match. Nickal up 4-1. End RT @ 33 sec for Nickal

Per 2
Parker takes bottom. Parker eventually gets out, 4-2. RT @ 1:09 for Nickal. End.

Per 3
Nickal takes bottom. Nickal is out in about 11 sec, 5-2. RT @ 58 so it's no longer a factor. Not a lot going on. End. It's a 5-2 decision.

So is Mark the 2? Does the All Star count? Would give wrestlers less incentive to wrestle in it

197 Semi: #2 seed Rasheed vs. Christian Brunner (Purdue)

Per 1
Crazy scramble, and Rasheed gets the TD, 2-0. He goes for a far-side cradle, nothing. Brunner out for the esc, 2-1. Rasheed in on a leg to a double for the TD, 4-1. Brunner is flat pretty quickly. Rasheed catches Brunner and gets 4 NF as they go OOB with 5 sec left, 8-1. End. RT at 2:00 for Rasheed.

Per 2
Brunner takes neutral. Rasheed in, they scramble, Rasheed tries to stack Brunner, nothing awarded, and a stalemate, with 1:03 left. End. RT still at 2:00 for Rasheed

Per 3
Rasheed takes bottom. Rasheed gets a late reversal, 10-1. Brunner gets the esc, 10-2, and that's how it ends

Reactions: mn78psu83
Wow, is Bo likely that be the #4 seed now? Can’t see him above Amine anymore

Depends on how much weight the committee puts on SOS. Daniel Lewis is still undefeated, Kutler has only 3 losses, 2 to Hall and 1 to Zahid.

I could see Bo possibly seeded behind both.

Why the hell are Maginnis and Kuhn wrestling again? That makes zero sense.[/QUOTE

Explained before, 6 person bracket, all new but same seeds. Top two get byes, 3rd gets last, Kuhn, and 4th gets 5th. Winners wrestle top two, those winners wrestle for 9 and 10.

How would you do it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT