ADVERTISEMENT

2018 B1G Championship Session 2 Thread

Anyone have the bonus breakdown for OSU v. PSU?
My head tells me OSU may be leading, but I don't know. Just feels like OSU is closing that gap (seems like OSU got more than expected, and PSU less, imo)

OSU 15.5. PSU 24
Every PSU wrestler with at least one bonus point. Hall leads the team with 4.
No OSU bonus at 133, 165, 197. Snyder leads with 3.5.

Can’t we still win the Big’s?

NATO wins 125

Pleatcher, McKenna, MJ lose in the finals.

Zain, VJ, Hall win

Bo beats Myles

Shak beats Moore

Coon beats Superman

Lee takes 3rd

Wouldn’t that win it for PSU.

Yep, that should do it. But of course they also have BoJo and Hayes with a chance at 3rd.

I said this in a previous post. Michigan is our friend for a day. They face 3 Buckeyes in the finals. Micic, Pantaleo and Coon beat their OSU foes just a few weeks ago ... a repeat would be huge for us.

Reactions: diggerpup
Through the years I’ve been burned so many times by people “spoiling” that I’ve accepted that it is MY responsibility and no one else’s. Chance nothing.....if you don’t want to know the scores then avoid ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that could possibly play spoiler.

This^

That said, wow guys... Too much piling on Rangerdan. Jeez

Reactions: Dogwelder
Of course, I'd like to win Big 10's, but, honestly, I care very little. When I was celebrating in St. Louis last year, I wasn't thinking "Wait, I should calm my celebration as we didn't win the Big 10 tournament". Also, based on the looks on Ohio State fans, winning the Big 10 tournament didn't seem to be a fulfilling memory. I will say I was slightly disappointed in a few PSU performances, but, that just shows how spoiled I am. I mean they have 6 finalists and could still take 10 to Cleveland. Nolf didn't look 100%, but, seeing him out there doing his thing gives me more confidence in next week. He has 2 more weeks to improve.

As for Nick Lee, my bias may be showing, but, I expect an awesome performance from him in Cleveland. Our kids always peak at Nationals, and I'm still confident with him getting on the podium, perhaps even in 4-6 range.

What a tournament it's been so far with plenty of surprises. I kind of forgot just how tough the B10 Championship is and every year I am reminded that it's a meat grinder. Happy with the performance of the team. Of course it can always be better but doubting these outstanding young men is a mistake. Still holding out hoping they can score enough points today to win. We Are.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I remember listening to Ben Askren’s podcast two years ago and Ben thought Bo Nickal’s lack of leg attacks kept him from being elite. Bo took care of that in that off-season. Nick Lee will probably do the same. He is a small 41 and that does not help his bottom game. Hope he gets a lot of work with Zain this summer and it pays dividends down the road. OSU mostly crushed it today. Let them enjoy it - PSU should be the team with the best top to bottom lineup next season. Til then there is one more opportunity to to celebrate...
Nick needs to ask Tan Tom for a deadlift program....My disappointment of the day was I had to root for Iowa and then they couldn't even come through in the clutch! I was sure our PA boys would help out their old state with some nice wins :(

Last edited:
Think it was a combination of people being a little frustrated at where PSU stands after Day 1 ,and a guy who doesn't contribute jackshit to the wrestling forum (not that I do, just an observation) comes into a thread lecturing people.
That said, I hope Dan survived
Coupled with the fact that by now lecturing on spoilers is like getting onto a crowded elevator and getting bent out of shape when someone bumps into you. Results from other PSU sports are reported on active threads on this forum all the time. And not only are spoilers foreseeable, it's unrealistic to imagine it can be controlled, since the elevator gets a lot more crowded with newcomers during big events. You want a safe space from sports spoilers, stay off the internet, period.

... That said, wow guys... Too much piling on Rangerdan. Jeez
Yeah. Even though *somebody* is likely to spoil things, if Ranger Dan asks nicely ahead of time for us to not spoil things, then at least we individuals can say, “for my friend, Ranger Dan, at least it won’t be me who spoils things.”

Wait, Ranger Dan forgot to ask nicely ahead of time when BB updates was brought up? And then he scolded instead of lamented afterward? Uh oh.

Reactions: Roar More
So, as I understand the logic here, if we are recording another PSU event for later viewing, and don’t want to know the result, it is our responsibility to avoid participating in this message board conversation during the wrestling event for fear of spoilers

Seems kind of unwelcoming.
Yes, must protect those unable to click the mouse a couple of times to follow another game thread.

His will to win by one is unparalleled

Hopefully about 5 more 1 point wins in his belt this year. Looking forward to some great matches today and next week. And as always look forward to reading on this board nothing like conversing with the most astute fans in the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT