ADVERTISEMENT

2018 B1G Championship Session 2 Thread

Don’t sleep on Rivera. He could sneak out of Cleveland with an AA finish before anybody even knows he’s there.
Oh I agree with that. He’s solid, I just thought Kuhn would’ve been a little more competitive...losing by 4-5 at best.

Did anyone notice Keener’s knee was rather heavily taped. Wasn’t there this afternoon.

If Keener wins his next one against Duncan, he qualifies for NCAA, right? If he loses, then what? Does he wrestle for 7th (the final allocated spot) against the loser of Delvecchio and Thorton? Keener lost to Delvecchio 6-2 in duals and beat Thorton 3-2 in duals.

Sorry to hear Nolf MFF'ing. Otherwise pretty psyched about this upcoming round. Most intriguing matches from where I sit:

• Kuhn v Rivera (Rivera pushed Suriano; big test)
  • Tomasello v Spencer Lee (first match was a classic; does NaTo choose down again?)
  • Carr v Nick Lee (every match until next season is the biggest match of Lee's career)
  • Deakin v Sorenson (Sorenson won last match in SV on headgear penalty point)
  • Cenzo v Massa (Massa getting better/healthier?)
  • Amine v BoJo (Amine beat him last time out)
  • Rasheed v Brunner (Brunner could be a podium guy at this weakened 197; biggest match of Rasheed's career)

Deakin tortured that thug from Rutgers and Sorenson looked awful against Bannister. I think Deakin gets him this time.

If Keener wins his next one against Duncan, he qualifies for NCAA, right? If he loses, then what? Does he wrestle for 7th (the final allocated spot) against the loser of Delvecchio and Thorton? Keener lost to Delvecchio 6-2 in duals and beat Thorton 3-2 in duals.

Yes, win he's in. Lose, he then must win the 7th place match. Lose that, then he would have to get a wildcard. But Nickell finishing 3rd at Pac12 makes the wildcard chance more difficult.

Marinelli Campbell up on Mat 2, Marinelli up 2-0 in first.

Didn't expect Marinelli/Campbell to be this close (6-2 with 1 min left)

Didn't expect Marinelli/Campbell to be this close (6-2 with 1 min left)
It was close because Marinelli chose to ride rater than go for bonus. He took Campbell down at will when they were on their feet.

Who does Kuhn wrestle in the mini tourney?
8 seed Matin who went 0-2
9 seed Piotrowski who went 1-1
11 seed Maginnis who went 0-2
12 seed Jimenez who went 1-2
13 seed Cray who went 0-2
14 seed Kuhn who went 1-2

Supposedly they reseed. Not sure what criteria

And result dont add any points to team race since they only do this for a couple weights.

Reactions: diggerpup
Did anyone else see how excited osu coaches get during Campbell's match?

JB saying Keener needs to win 1 more time to punch his ticket to NCAAs. The BTN+ boys saying ticket already punched. Who is right? Normally would trust JB, but he messed up the criteria thing pretty badly in the tOSU dual and now I've lost a little confidence in him.

JB saying Keener needs to win 1 more time to punch his ticket to NCAAs. The BTN+ boys saying ticket already punched. Who is right? Normally would trust JB, but he messed up the criteria thing pretty badly in the tOSU dual and now I've lost a little confidence in him.

JB is right

I guess the semi's will be on Mat's 1 and 2. Might have to bite the bullet and get BTN Plus to watch Mat 1. Does the school pass work?

Yes, it does

Sorry if this has already been asked. Will the semis be on by themselves or will there be consis rounds rolling as well?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT