ADVERTISEMENT

2018 B1G Championship Session 2 Thread

I wouldn't put Cray and Maginnis in the bracket. Isn't that how it usually has been?

285 Semi: Nevills vs. Kyle Snyder

Tough match for Nick

Per 1
Snyder in on a single, trips Nevills down and gets the TD, 0-2. Nevills with an esc, 2-1. Snyder with a double for the TD, 4-1. He cuts Nick, 4-2. Nick nearly with a TD on a counter but runs out of time. End

Per 2
Missed a bit -- sorry. It's 2-8. Nevills picks up on the leg looking for a reversal, but ends up with the esc, 3-8.

I give up ... when you're hosting good friends, it's tough to key in PBP and stay involved in the conversation.

Sorry guys

I wouldn't put Cray and Maginnis in the bracket. Isn't that how it usually has been?

But Mattin got a first round consi bye, so even though he went 0-2 he went farther just because of the bye. How is he better than Cray that went 0-2 but lost a round earlier due to no bye.

Then there are three guys that went 1-1 or 1-2.

Plus it is better to decide by seeds instead of on the mat? Just award the top seeds that went 0- whatever the allocation.

Seriously, why not wrestle for it?

Reactions: dbldoofus

Tough match for Nick

Per 1
Snyder in on a single, trips Nevills down and gets the TD, 0-2. Nevills with an esc, 2-1. Snyder with a double for the TD, 4-1. He cuts Nick, 4-2. Nick nearly with a TD on a counter but runs out of time. End

Per 2
Missed a bit -- sorry. It's 2-8. Nevills picks up on the leg looking for a reversal, but ends up with the esc, 3-8.

I give up ... when you're hosting good friends, it's tough to key in PBP and stay involved in the conversation.

Sorry guys
If they were really good friends, they'd pick up the PBP for you.

The points don’t count for team races, I bet each of those 6 guys would rather wrestle for it instead of just awarding it due to seeding.

One of the flo announcers is confused because he said Jimenez was "Going to Cleveland" after his win.

Reactions: Afw6006
Good stuff today fellas! Wish Lee would of got that one but he will figure it out. Can't wait for tomorrow

Reactions: diggerpup
I don’t believe so, but I would agree they probably should. So, not perfect. Round robin counting previous bouts might be better also.

Most important item from today (from just following Track and Byers):

Nolf 2-0 when he competed and has another 10 days to rehab. Most everything else is just noise but I’d like to see the following:

Kuhn and Keener qualify
Nick N beat Stoll and secure at least a 4th seed and avoid the 2 monsters until the semis
Bojo get stuck with a bad seed
Cenzo avoid meeting IMar until finals. May be better if he loses and gets McFadden in semis

The points don’t count for team races, I bet each of those 6 guys would rather wrestle for it instead of just awarding it due to seeding.
Then make it a round robin. Because 2 guys are now getting an additional bye based upon their seeding. Meanwhile, the other 4 guys are wrestling rematches of earlier bouts that effectively did not matter.

I said round robin would be better. Could even count any bouts already wrestled. Talk to Big Ten.

But the bouts do count, lose and you are out.

I mean don’t get me wrong, he’s a super solid freshman and way above average college wrestler. But he’s not close to elite now, and we can only hope he eventually will be. Read the posts on here and people act like he’s the next Retherford, Nolf, or Taylor — just doesn’t have that kind of talent.

Reactions: fronk71
Can we all just be honest with ourselves? Nick Lee is just not that good.

I think we have to realize he’s a true freshman. I know he was at the NLC working out most of his high school senior year, but he’s still a true freshman. Redshirting makes a huge difference in College Wrestling. I realize Hall won it last year, but he struggled at times as a true freshman and he is older. Lee will show big improvement from this year to next. Nick struggles to get out of bottom and needs more offense. He reminds me of Zain as a true freshman. Then Zain redshirted and look how much he improved after the redshirt. Nick won’t win nationals and I’m not sure he places too 8, but he will improve a lot by next season.

I mean don’t get me wrong, he’s a super solid freshman and way above average college wrestler. But he’s not close to elite now, and we can only hope he eventually will be. Read the posts on here and people act like he’s the next Retherford, Nolf, or Taylor — just doesn’t have that kind of talent.

Yes, ideally he would have redshirted. PSU didn't have that luxury with Suriano/McKenna decisions.

Reactions: garw and fronk71
PSU losing to Purdue in that pumpkin sport, 56-74 abiut 3 mins left
Hey, some of us have DVR’d the basketball game and are trying to watch later... posting a result or score randomly in another thread is a completely bush league move.

What happened with Suriano. I thought said Lizak was winning 3-0 at one point.
Did he medical forfeit before match started or during match?

Tough match for Nick

Per 1

Per 2

Sorry guys
Much easier when you're hosting bad friends.

Hey, some of us have DVR’d the basketball game and are trying to watch later... posting a result or score randomly in another thread is a completely bush league move.
stay off the internet if you don't want to see the spoiler. that's really your only option.

Reactions: Ski
Or Nick Lee Getting upset or Nolf having to MFF. While performance in key spots helps or hurts your chances, one event doesn’t win or lose a championship. It’s a series of results that wins or loses championships.

I don’t care whether there was a petition with a thousand signatures. The beauty of message boards is that you can create separate threads for disparate topics. In this case, I was in a thread about wrestling and at no point was there an indication that scores of the basketball game would be included in this thread. Nobody died... I’m still going to watch the game, but there just isn’t any reasonable excuse for doing this.
You’re on a Penn State message board. It’s plausible that any topic or result could come up at any time. Just accept it or stay off of the internet until you watch your DVR. It’s the same reason I turn off my cell phone, so I don’t get random texts about results from my friends.

Reactions: pawrest01
In this case, I was in a thread about wrestling and at no point was there an indication that scores of the basketball game would be included in this thread.

Um, i feel you friend, but see post #16 ("i hope people dont mind if we ask for bball or get bball updates and commentary in the middle of this rasslin thread.").

I don’t care whether there was a petition with a thousand signatures. The beauty of message boards is that you can create separate threads for disparate topics. In this case, I was in a thread about wrestling and at no point was there an indication that scores of the basketball game would be included in this thread. Nobody died... I’m still going to watch the game, but there just isn’t any reasonable excuse for doing this.
ya there was, on page one or two.

do you not want to know the hockey results either....cuz we #&(@)!*@#(

Silly - you are on a Penn State Wrestling board and there will always be things related to Penn State current events in the threads

Rutgers currently in 9th place. When the said perennial top 10, guess they meant in the B10 :)

Ok, no more kicking the helpless dog for me.
Unfortunately looks like they'll not be a top ten in the conference this year...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT