General Info:

Time:
6 pm EST

TV:
none

Video Streaming:
1. BTN+ for those that have a subscription
2. FloPro for those that have a subscription
3. BTN2Go on a SmartPhone or other device for those that have a BTN+ subscription

Audio Streaming:
Byers will be doing radio PBP that is streamed for free. He'll be on starting at 5:40 pm EST, at:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=572195

Mat Assignments:
The best way to follow this is either bringing up the Big Ten Championship on TrackWrestling.com, and then selecting Dashboard, or from the Penn State Wrestling Club web site

Team Points:
The best way to follow this is via the Penn State Wrestling Club web site

I should be available to do PBP for the entire Session. However, my house is is one of the lucky ones in my neighborhood that did not lose power, and my lovely wife has invited some friends that are without power over for dinner, so I can't promise that I can do PBP for all of the matches. If I get to a situation where I can't do PBP, I'll post as much.

That's all the general info from me -- Tom

And now for diggerpup's info:

Ohio St - 85.5 / 9 semis
Penn St - 81.5 / 8 semis
Michigan 64.5 / 7 semis
Iowa 39 / 4 semis

Penn State upcoming:

Wrestle backs
125 Kuhn vs 4 Rivera (NW)
133 Keener vs 12 Lantz (WIS)

Semifinals
141 NLee vs 3 Mike Carr (ILL)
149 ZPain vs 4 Hayes (tOSU)
157 Nolf vs 3 Pantaleo (MICH)
165 Joseph vs 7 Massa (MICH)
174 MHall vs 5 Sebastian
184 Nickal vs 4 Parker (ILL)
197 Rasheed vs 6 Brunner (PUR)
285 Nevills vs 2 K Snyder (Team USA)

Buckeyes have a brutal haul.

Wrestle backs

165 - Campbell vs 2 Marinelli (IOWA)

Semifinals

125 NATO vs 2 Spencer Lee (IOWA)
133 Pletcher vs 3 McKee (MINN)
141 McKenna vs 5 Limmex (PUR)
149 Hayes vs #1 ZPain
157 Micah Jordan vs 1 Kemerer (IOWA)
174 Bo Jordan vs 3 Amine (MICH)
184 Myles Martin vs 3 Abounader (MICH)
197 K Moore vs 4 Beasley (MICH)
285 Superman vs 4 N Nevills

I don't see a single layup match for Ohio State.

I can't give you a definitive answer, but they typically do. I know that they for sure did last year.

Thanks for the updates. I thought session 2 started out at 4:30. Guess I will watch the BB game until 6. Have BTN2GO queued up and ready.

Just for kicks and giggles, my picks are in bold...

125 Nick Suriano (Rutgers) vs Ethan Lizak (Minnesota)
125 Nathan Tomasello (Ohio State vs Spencer Lee (Iowa)

133 Stevan Micic (Michigan) vs Jason Renteria (Nebraska)
133 Mitch Mckee (Minnesota) vs Luke Pletcher (Ohio State)

141 Joey Mckenna (Ohio State) vs Nate Limmex (Purdue)
141 Michael Carr (Illinois) vs Nick Lee (Penn State)

149 Zain Retherford (Penn State) vs Ke-Shawn Hayes (Ohio State)
149 Ryan Deakin (Northwestern) vs Brandon Sorenson (Iowa)

157 Michael Kemerer (Iowa) vs Micah Jordan (Ohio State)
157 Alec Pantaleo (Michigan) vs Jason Nolf (Penn State)

165 Isaiah Martinez (Illinois) vs Richie Lewis (Rutgers)
165 Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State) vs Logan Massa (Michigan)

174 Mark Hall (Penn State) vs Johnny Sebastian (Northwestern)
174 Myles Amine (Michigan) vs Bo Jordan (Ohio State)

184 Bo Nickal (Penn State) vs Emery Parker (Illinois)
184 Dom Abounader (Michigan) vs Myles Martin (Ohio State)

197 Kollin Moore (Ohio State) vs Kevin Beazley (Michigan)
197 Christian Brunner (Purdue) vs Shakur Rasheed (Penn State)

285 Adam Coon (Michigan) vs Sam Stoll (Iowa)
285 Nick Nevills (Penn State) vs Kyle Snyder (Ohio State)

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead11 and garw
i hope people dont mind if we ask for bball or get bball updates and commentary in the middle of this rasslin thread.

I know how some of yins are;):eek::p

heck throw in some goofer beat downs on the ice rink too!

WE ARE!

I can’t see Nolf being happy about this decision even though it’s probably the right one.

He’s a competitor and I’m sure he’s pissed he can’t finish what he started

Reactions: diggerpup
I can’t see Nolf being happy about this decision even though it’s probably the right one.

He’s a competitor and I’m sure he’s pissed he can’t finish what he started
Agree...wanted to see Nolf be able to make it through and win the title. That said, it’s a smart move by the coaches...

Sorry to hear Nolf MFF'ing. Otherwise pretty psyched about this upcoming round. Most intriguing matches from where I sit:

• Kuhn v Rivera (Rivera pushed Suriano; big test)
  • Tomasello v Spencer Lee (first match was a classic; does NaTo choose down again?)
  • Carr v Nick Lee (every match until next season is the biggest match of Lee's career)
  • Deakin v Sorenson (Sorenson won last match in SV on headgear penalty point)
  • Cenzo v Massa (Massa getting better/healthier?)
  • Amine v BoJo (Amine beat him last time out)
  • Rasheed v Brunner (Brunner could be a podium guy at this weakened 197; biggest match of Rasheed's career)

Reactions: lionz_den
125 Consolation R2: Kuhn vs. Sebastian Rivera (NW)

A loss doesn't eliminate Kuhn, but an upset win guarantee he's going to NCAAs.

Per 1
Rivera in on the legs and gets the TD, 0-2. He tries to hit a cradle, but nothing doing. Kuhn trying to get to his feet, but Rivera doesn't allow him. OOB with 1:22 left. Kuhn to his feet, but Rivera brings him back down. Rivera nearly got a tilt, but nothing. RT goes over 1 min. Rivera tries a 2-on-1 tilt by Kuhn rolls thru it. Another tilt and another roll thru and no NF. End. RT at 2:03 for Rivera.

Per 2
Kuhn takes neutral. Ugh, Rivera with the shot and gets the TD, 0-4. Stalemate. Kuhn working to his feet, tries to turn, but gets driven back down. Eventually Kuhn gets driven flat. Rivera cuts him, 1-4. Rivera shoots, blocked, another shot and a block, stall warning against Kuhn. Then another shot and a TD for Rivera, 1-6. He's working a bow-and-arrow, nothing. Then he tilts him and does get swipes for 4 NF, 1-10. Kuhn with a reversal just before the buzzer, 3-10

Per 3
Rivera takes neutral. Kuhn in on the legs, tries to get behind, but Rivera avoids the TD. Another shot and scramble, good stuff, and a stalemate with 1:04 left. RT at 3:33, so that's locked for Rivera. Kuhn in on a single, picks up the knee, Rivera with a whizzer, and a stalemate with 30 sec. Rivera in on a low shot and gets the TD, 3-12. With 3:54 in RT, it's a 3-13 loss for Kuhn.

He'll have to battle out of the mini-tournament of 6 to place 9th or 10th to make it to NCAAs.

133 Consolation R2: Keener vs. Jens Lantz (Wisky)

Per 1
Stalemate with 2:18 left. Neither close to an advantage, despite all their efforts. Keener in on a single, on the edge, trying to pull Lantz in, and a stalemate with 36 sec left. Keener in on a single, Lantz kicks free but stall warning on Lantz. End

Per 2
Lantz takes bottom. Lantz up, and turns out for the esc, 0-1. Lantz goes for the legs, Keener hits a cement mixer, and gets the fall at 3:42!!!!!!!!

One more win and he's in NCAAs

ADVERTISEMENT