ADVERTISEMENT

2018 B1G Championship Session 2 Thread

Who does Kuhn wrestle in the mini tourney?
If they do the mini bracket as in the past...
Of the 4 guys...highest seed vs lowest seed and two middle seeds wrestle.

Interesting, they’re doing it differently. Kuhn wins today, back tomorrow for a shot at the NCAA’s.

Last edited:

According to JB there are 6 guys in the mini tourney, otherwise opening byes help certain wrestlers.

But you are not normally wrong...

FWIW on Track, if you click HUB then MAT ASSIGNMENTS then TEAM SCHEDULE and pick PSU, it has an unnumbered bout between

125 (9th)
Mitch Maginnis (Nebraska) vs Carson Kuhn (Penn State)

I do not have answers, just sharing.

Also it is GOOD to be on my laptop and not my phone. I can start to message my usual stupidity to all of you on this board.

I stopped listening to Byers during this long break, but never disconnected. I just turned it back on, and I'm getting the start of the Session 2. Anybody else getting this?

I stopped listening to Byers during this long break, but never disconnected. I just turned it back on, and I'm getting the start of the Session 2. Anybody else getting this?
working for me. live w gravina and bowman

From the 9th place bracket on Track, they have Kuhn wrestling McGinnis again and Jimenez wrestling Cray. Seems pretty foolish.

Makes sense, matin and piotkowski get byes as top two seeds, winner of Kuhn Mag get Matin and winner of Jim/cray get piotkowski, those winners get each other for 9 and 10

Makes sense, matin and piotkowski get byes as top two seeds, winner of Kuhn Mag get Matin and winner of Jim/cray get piotkowski, those winners get each other for 9 and 10

The format is foolish. Why is it set up so that there are 2 nearly immediate rematches from the previous round. Don't really get why Cray and Macginnis should be included after losing.

The format is foolish. Why is it set up so that there are 2 nearly immediate rematches from the previous round. Don't really get why Cray and Macginnis should be included after losing.

So I assume that in this mini tournament, there are no more scoring wrestlers. This is just for top 10 and does not impact the team race. Good assumption?

Reactions: Ski
Rutgers currently in 9th place. When the said perennial top 10, guess they meant in the B10 :)

Ok, no more kicking the helpless dog for me.
i thought it.
Went to type it.
you beat me to it.

#whentop10isntreallytop10

Reactions: diggerpup

Because Mattin got a bye the first consi round due to Suriano not having a bout. Hard to make it perfect withot being a round robin and count previous bouts?

NaTo has gotten to Lee's leg something like 4x times in two matches but only converted once. NaTo chooses neutral in second.

Wow, amazing defense by NaTo there.

NaTo huge double, now up 2-1. 8 seconds, Lee needs an E1.

NaTo holds on, 2-1. Key win for tOSU in team race.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT