ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

8-0 McKenna over Eierman in 1st minute. I didn’t think Eierman was still in Iowa City? McKenna has a single and looking to end it but Eierman elevator scores 4. 8-4 McKenna at the break.

Caution and one makes it 8-5 and gives Eierman top position. Nothing. McKenna TD 10-5. Caution and one makes it 10-6. Exposure for Eierman off McKenna shot and it’s 10-8. That was a fun match. 10-8 McKenna is the final.

Last edited:
Can we hire some Cornell lawyers to see if Nico Megaludis has a Covid year of eligibility left.

Reactions: mcpat
Bartlett vs Kolodzik

Kolodzik double leads 2-0. Not a lot of action in this one. Both guys warned. 2-0 Kolodzik at the break.

Beau in on a single. Body lock and TD. 2-2. When he commits, Beau does some great chain wrestling. Step out and it’s 3-2 Kolodzik. Under a minute to go. Not a lot of action. Bartlett in a single but chest wrap counter makes it 5-2. Reversal 5-3 Kolodzik. Bartlett last second TD wins it 5-5!

Bartlett wins a lot of matches late.

Barraclough vs Facundo

Barraclough shot from distance in 1st minute is only action early. Barraclough with another shot from distance. And then they put him on the clock. Weird. 1-0 Facundo once shot clock expires. No shots from Alex; two from Barraclough. Break. 1-0 Alex.

Barraclough deep single. Gets step out but no TD. 1-1. Facundo on the clock. Barraclough the aggressor. 2-1 Barraclough after clock expires. Facundo finally commits to a shot and gets quick TD. 3-2 Facundo. Under a minute to go. Facundo defense too much late. Facundo wins 3-2.

Jacques over Sealey 4-2. Amazed at the lack of late caution calls.

Reactions: danoftw
Connor Misarola leading Max 3-0 early. Geez. Hard to believe how good the wrestling is in high school these days. Now 5-0. Sorry; not early. It’s 2nd period. WowYikesWhoa! TD Dean 5-2 Mirasola. Counter TD And turn by Dean and it’s 6-5 Max with 19 secs to go. Mirasola off whistle scores 4!!!! No freaking way! Mirasola over Dean 9-6. You have got to be kidding me!

Sealey impressed me even in the loss. Jacques was worn the **** out after that match. Sealey is making big strides and becoming so much harder to wrestle against. Still has the great pace but has cut out the stupid mistakes

Lilledahl is just a stud. Who here doesn’t think that he could win NCAA’s this year? Excited to see him vs Nico

Bartlett vs McKenna should be a good one. Two very high level guys going at it. I think Alirez might be the guy to beat at this weight though. His single to lace transition is just deadly

Bearclaw beating Berger is huge. That’s a really great win. Can’t tell much about either guy in the Bearclaw vs Facundo match. Room familiarity can make for a boring match

Semifinals (5:00 ET tonight)

Lee vs Rodriquez
Megaludis vs Lilledahl

Bartlett vs McKenna
Alirez vs Pantaleo

Facundo vs Marinelli
Jacques vs Monday

Misarola vs Hall
Dieringer vs McFadden

Moore vs Aiello
Jackson vs Schultz

Lance vs Thomas
Bradley vs Hillger

Last edited:
What are the odds that Cassioppi would lose to Schultz? Do you think he took too much of a gamble in going down in weight? I think he would have been better off staying up at 125kg and just playing the hand he was dealt.

Semifinals (5:00 ET tonight)

Lee vs Rodriquez
Megaludis vs Lilledahl

Bartlett vs McKenna
Alirez vs Pantaleo

Facundo vs Marinelli
Jacques vs Monday

Misarola vs Hall
Dieringer vs McFadden

Moore vs Aiello
Jackson vs Schultz

Lance vs Thomas
Bradley vs Hillger
7 Nittany Lions past, present, or future on that list. And most of our real studs aren’t even competing. 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT