ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

Why wouldn't Suriano get a seed?
Seeding process:

tysondart2.gif

In any case: who doesn't want to see Lee vs Suriano in Round 1?

Kasak and Desanto in the rd of 16. Beau has a rough path but think he can qualify, Facundo's path is not bad. Kerk should runaway with this. Some interesting potential matchups:Kasak-Desanto then possibly Kasak-Alirez, Conner Mirasola and Dean, Truax not seeded so he will be a tough draw for someone.

I know this is your board but a shocking entry at nationals for us Hawk fans.
Tony Cassioppi is entered at 97kg. Going to be interesting to see him at that weight.
Not sure any of us were expecting that.
Going to be a fun tourney to watch! Looking forward to seeing Bartlett and the rest of the Penn State guys.
Bartlett really intrigues me after he beat Lee in April.
Cassiopopi at 97 kg (213 lbs) is surprising. I know this was probably long before your time, and not your team. But it reminds me of Ira Lubert wrestling 3 years as a back-up at Hwt (to Dave Joyner), weighing in the neighborhood of 265 or so. And then his Sr year he dropped to 190 lbs and wrestled there all year. He looked like a midget compared to his former self. I wonder how Cass will look at 213.

Cassiopopi at 97 kg (213 lbs) is surprising. I know this was probably long before your time, and not your team. But it reminds me of Ira Lubert wrestling 3 years as a back-up at Hwt (to Dave Joyner), weighing in the neighborhood of 265 or so. And then his Sr year he dropped to 190 lbs and wrestled there all year. He looked like a midget compared to his former self. I wonder how Cass will look at 213.
Got any pics of Ira wrestling, or did that happen before cameras were invented? I mean, how long ago are we talking? 😀

No one seems to have a pic. Guys that have seen him say he is shredded and has been focusing on improving his foot speed. He's very accomplished at FS (world under 23 Gold and Bronze medalist @ Hwt) so it should be very intriguing.
I don't remember Ira, how did he do after he dropped down?

Looks like Ira is a very successful guy.

This is also interesting.

Last edited:
Got any pics of Ira wrestling, or did that happen before cameras were invented? I mean, how long ago are we talking? 😀
I don't have any pics. His Sr season was 1972-73. I looked it up, and actually the first part of that year he wrestled at Hwt and wrestled at 190 only his final 2 matches against Lehigh and Navy, losing both (he had been 5-1-1 at Hwt earlier that season). He must have been coming down during the first part of the season when he wrestled at Hwt. Ira has been a key person in the PSU wrestling world since then, and played a role in Cael coming to PSU. A great guy!

Last edited:
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
Greco semis and lightweight women’s semis coming after, I’d assume.

Sat down with an assortment of New Glarus after a long day. Somebody throw somebody!

Reactions: hlstone and zzs006

Saturday, December 16

Session I: Consolation Semifinals, 3rd Place, 5th Place and 7th Place
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM CST – (2 MATS)
Greco-Roman (all weights),
Women’s Freestyle (50 KG, 53 KG, 57 KG)
Consolation Semifinals, 3rd Place, 5th Place and 7th Place

Session I: Preliminaries, Quarterfinals and Consolations
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM CST – (4 MATS)
Men’s Freestyle (all weights)
Women’s Freestyle (62 KG, 68 KG,76 KG)

Session II: Semifinals and Consolations
4:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST – (6 MATS)

Session III: Championship Finals
7:00 PM – 8:30 PM CST– (1 MAT)
Greco-Roman (all weights)
Women’s Freestyle (50 KG, 53 KG,57 KG)

Sunday, December 17

Session I: Consolation Semifinals, 3rd Place, 5th Place and 7th Place
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CST– (3 MATS)

Session II: Championship Finals
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM CST– (1 MAT)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and backdrft76
Are they all officially NLWC?
I was thinking "maybe" for Kerk he could be listed under Titan Mercury, but Beau is part of that as well.

They have the list of athletes up now, no brackets yet, but no Kerk, Truax or Kasak.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: mcpat
Probably a good reason there isn't a Middle finger emoji..🖕 oops I guess there is...
So in that case...
WOW incredible...

Reactions: BOSCO2
Ball up now mat 2. His opponent isn’t there. They’re paging him. Finally shows up.

Passivity on Fekete and it’s 1-0 Ball. Double leg to back makes it 5-0 Ball. Late TD makes 7-0. No exposure? Caution? Whatever happened there makes it 8-0 Ball and restart in par terre with no time left. Strange. Now challenging no exposure. Lost challenge. 8-1 at break.

Single leg TD makes it 10-1 Ball. Ball injury time. Leg injury I think. Match continues. Pushout for Fakete. 10-2 Ball. Caution Ball 10-3. Par Terre restart? So strange. Ball up to his feet. TD ball 12-3. That’s the final score.

Last edited:
Steen vs Nasdeo will be on mat 1. Now on deck.

Nasdeo in deep on Steen. Scramble and no pts. Steen spin behind TD followed by gut wrench but then Nasdeo reverses. 4-2 Steen. Back to feet. Nasdeo in deep again but stalemate. Steen trying some RBY spin behinds. One for three on it. 4-2 Steen at break.

Steen TD and exposure. 8-2 Steen. Nasdeo challenging the exposure. It was questionable as to whether initiated by Steen or a roll-through by Nasdeo. Still 8-2. No lost point for failed challenge? Counter TD by steen. 10-2. Tried for cradle but didn’t get it. Nasdeo again in deep. This time finishes. 10-4 Steen. Back on their feet. Spin behind TD by Steen. 12-4. That’s the final score.

Last edited:
Bartlett vs Pletcher on deck mat 1. Here we go. Big early match.

Bartlett put on clock. Bartlett close to a pushout but they say Pletcher was grounded. 1-0 Pletcher after passivity clock expires. Bartlett slide by and TD followed by gut wrench. 4-1 Bartlett and they play a commercial while they are wrestling. 4-1 Bartlett at the break.

Bartlett counter TD. Three gut wrench turns and Beau wins 12-1. Impressive.

Last edited:
Bartlett vs Pletcher on deck mat 1. Here we go. Big early match.

Bartlett put on clock. Bartlett close to a pushout but they say Pletcher was grounded. 1-0 Pletcher after passivity clock expires. Bartlett slide by and TD followed by gut wrench. 4-1 Bartlett and they play a commercial while they are wrestling. 4-1 Bartlett at the break.

Bartlett counter TD. Three gut wrench turns and Beau wins 12-1. Impressive.
Well, there’s always the hunting cabin Uncle Pletch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT