ADVERTISEMENT

The Steelers just traded Pickett to the Eagles.

No. It proves the Steelers are poor at talent evaluation.
All teams miss. Steelers haven't been great with first round picks generally speaking recently. They reached for a QB because they were desperate. The key is cutting them loose instead of making it worse.

Thank god they cleaned out the Qb room now they need to get rid of Wilson he is another that isn’t worth the ground he stands on

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Thank god they cleaned out the Qb room now they need to get rid of Wilson he is another that isn’t worth the ground he stands on
You do realize that they're paying almost nothing for a qb who has been to two Super Bowls and won one and threw 26 tds just last season.

Reactions: Ski
I have never been an Eagles fan and up until now would rather have them lose than win. I have nothing against the players as I respect, they are very good. It is all on the Philly fans - passionate as they maybe, they are F*ging obnoxious idiots (many on here can relate). Saquon will change my perspective on the Eagles as I like the guy and the PSU connection. I'll be hoping for a big Saquon day and success on the big stage, even if it means the Eagles rise to great heights. So be it.

Now, throw in Klipboard Kenny who now Philly's problem. The dude is nothing more than a backup and Kenny and the Steelers were delusional to think otherwise. In my mind (like anyone else cares), the Eagles may succeed with Saquon but will fail with Pickett. Pickett is an over achiever who has the in-pocket yips and will never be more than a backup.

Reactions: joeaubie21
For 1.2M he worth every penny and then some. Not saying he'll be great but it's 1.2M for him.
Give it up, Lando. The Steelers are a dumpster fire. They’d be better off cleaning house except for Joey Porter and Friermuth and starting over. If they were competent at talent evaluation they could get some nice picks for Watt and maybe one or two other guys. The next three years are going to remind you of the Bubby Brister era.

Reactions: psrurock
Give it up, Lando. The Steelers are a dumpster fire. They’d be better off cleaning house except for Joey Porter and Friermuth and starting over. If they were competent at talent evaluation they could get some nice picks for Watt and maybe one or two other guys. The next three years are going to remind you of the Bubby Brister era.
But don’t you see that’s exactly what they’re doing? They shipped off the players who had/were going to create locker room distractions (Johnson, Pickett) and are pretty much retooling the entirety of the offense. Not to mention making big splash moves on the defensive side of the ball.

Also, what evidence is there to suggest they’re poor talent evaluators? Khan and Weidl have been in charge for one year, and their first draft class was pretty good. This isn’t Kevin Colbert running the show anymore.

I bet you could get him for a Day 3 pick. Wilson and Fields would be a nice upgrade over last year’s QB Room.
That would be the best QB room the Steelers have had in decades. Maybe the best QB room in Steelers history.

Gerry DuLac of the P-G is reporting that the Steelers didn't like how he was handling the signing of Wilson.
Eagles need protection, they know Hurts has peaked, gross over payment. Old SW conference QB, weak arm, can't read defenses. Not sure Pickett is any better.

LOL stop. Ben and anyone was a better room.
I agree Ben and Bradshaw were better than Fields or Wilson. Ben's and Bradshaw's backups were never someone who could be a starter. Both Wilson and Fields are past successful starters.

Ding, ding, ding! We now have the monthly dumbest post winner. Your prize duncecap will be mailed to you.
Name two QBs who were on the Steelers at the same time and who together were better than Wilson/Fields. Big Ben and Bradshaw in their prime were certainly better than Fields or Wilson now. Their backups were stiffs.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I agree Ben and Bradshaw were better than Fields or Wilson. Ben's and Bradshaw's backups were never someone who could be a starter. Both Wilson and Fields are past successful starters.
Wilson isn't in his prime and Fields was never successful. Mitch was more successful than Fields. You're reaching. Tommy Maddox and Ben for example is infinitely better. Russ Wilson at 28 is possibly a different story but not Fields lol.

Ben and Charlie Batch is better because of how much better Ben was at the time than Russ is today. Even Ben and Mason was better than WIlson at 35 and Fields who is such as bust the Bears can't get anything for him.

Is Fields better than Charlie Batch?

I have a feeling that Tyler Boyd is going to sign here eventually, and they're going to have to sign a #2 receiver or draft a player who can be a #2 because you're right, their wr room basically is empty now. They probably should've signed a center this week because now they probably have to draft one in one of the first two rounds.
Hope they sign Boyd then dump Pickens!

Dunlap mentioned this on Twitter, but he said that Andy Weidl and Danny Rooney (the youngest Rooney who’s 34 y/o) also have a great deal of influence over this team now. Makes sense given what’s happened this offseason… I think we might be seeing a changing of the guard.
Great news as Dan has been terrible. And if true can Tomlin be in his last season?

Here’s hoping!

Reactions: Kasparaitis
Jettison Pickett for essentially nothing. Run off all other QBs except a Russell Wilson who appears to be a locker room risk after taking shots at everyone as he left Denver. The Steelers locker room is already a mess because they have a players' coach that wants to be their friend instead of instilling any sense of discipline.

Just start over. Ditch Tomlin. He's lead a slow decline after unfortunately winning 1 with Cowher's team. That bought him the longest leash in the history of the franchise. He's a lead weight. Time to move on. Most other NFL caliber coaches would have had another ring or two for the Steelers over Tomlin's reign of average.
Maybe they can trade a draft pick and get Rudolph back! 😹😻🙀

Ben was very disruptive to the team . Shoulda dumped him after the Georgia Milledgeville attack,
That's fine but we're talking talent. The Fields/35 yr old Wilson isn't close to Ben/pick someone. That room would be 2 QBs that had almost no market in 2024.

Name two QBs who were on the Steelers at the same time and who together were better than Wilson/Fields. Big Ben and Bradshaw in their prime were certainly better than Fields or Wilson now. Their backups were stiffs.
Cliff Stout?!?! Mark Malone?!?!

Yeah, their talent evaluation has been terrible. Last two drafts other than Pickett: Broderick Jones, Joey Porter, Keanau Benton, Darnell Washington, Nick Herbig, George Pickens, Demarvin Leal, Calvin Austin, Conner Heyward. All starter or significant contributors. Help me understand this poor talent evaluation thing.

Reactions: bison13
Being a team leader is the most important talent a QB can possess !
You're being ridiculous at this point. Love or hate him Ben is a first ballot HOF that was liked in locker room. That's all that matters. Russ wasn't liked by teammates nearly as much as Ben. I don't even like Ben but let's be real.

Yeah, their talent evaluation has been terrible. Last two drafts other than Pickett: Broderick Jones, Joey Porter, Keanau Benton, Darnell Washington, Nick Herbig, George Pickens, Demarvin Leal, Calvin Austin, Conner Heyward. All starter or significant contributors. Help me understand this poor talent evaluation thing.

You're reaching with some of those names.

I like the move for both sides. Pickett goes to a team loaded with weapons and he isn't required to start. Steelers obviously not happy with him, but they get a fresh start with a rental while figuring things out.

Jettison Pickett for essentially nothing. Run off all other QBs except a Russell Wilson who appears to be a locker room risk after taking shots at everyone as he left Denver. The Steelers locker room is already a mess because they have a players' coach that wants to be their friend instead of instilling any sense of discipline.

Just start over. Ditch Tomlin. He's lead a slow decline after unfortunately winning 1 with Cowher's team. That bought him the longest leash in the history of the franchise. He's a lead weight. Time to move on. Most other NFL caliber coaches would have had another ring or two for the Steelers over Tomlin's reign of average.
Tomlin’s reign of average. I wish I thought of that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT