ADVERTISEMENT

Russell Wilson to sign with Steelers for 1 year deal

In return the get DB Donte Jackson. Dionte for Donte

And Steelers get a six rd pick and send a seventh rd pick

SI changed their mock draft for the Steelers. They had them taking a CB in the first round (second CB in a row after last year) but with the Steelers trade changed it to the Center from Oregon, Jackson Powers-Johnson

SI changed their mock draft for the Steelers. They had them taking a CB in the first round (second CB in a row after last year) but with the Steelers trade changed it to the Center from Oregon, Jackson Powers-Johnson

I'm expecting a WR in the first round now. Even if they sign someone like Boyd this WR is stacked on paper. Ideally they had a veteran center but JPJ 2.0 is very possible.

Not sure what you meant by "second CB in a row after last year" but Porter jr was their 2nd round pick. I will say that he played like a 1st round pick tho

well, it is a one-year deal so they have to have a plan B for later years. I would guess that they'll take a QB in the draft someplace. See if they can do a Purdy. I am not as sour as most on Pickett. The O sucked under the old coordinator and got marginally better under the interim. We'll see what next year holds.
Pickett is 532 of 532 in TD throwing in NFL history with x amount of minimum games played to qualify.

He is bad.

They’re both better than the MVP. By far. Go Steelers!
How many rings does Lamar have?
Somehow Pickett, Trubisky and Mason got the Steelers to the playoffs. Ravens and Steelers season ended the same--losing to an elite QB only the Ravens lost at home because their average QB choked.

Just a notch below Lamar Jackson. Heh heh.
And Owen Wilson.

3XY60L.gif

How many rings does Lamar have?
Somehow Pickett, Trubisky and Mason got the Steelers to the playoffs. Ravens and Steelers season ended the same--losing to an elite QB only the Ravens lost at home because their average QB choked.
Baghdad Bob Lando: “the 2 time MVP is really no good at all and Pickett and Trubisky are the real All pros!”

For a 1 year deal, taking a chance on Wilson is a no brainer. With Pickett scheduled to make $2mm and Wilson only costing the Steelers the veteran minimum of $1.5mm that's only $3.5mm of next year's salary cap designated for the QB position so far.

And with the salary cap increasing by $30mm dollars for next year, the Steelers have an opportunity to use those additional monies to acquire key players in positions of need.

As far as Kenny goes, hopefully he takes the Najee Harris approach and improves his game the way Najee did when Jaylen emerged as a viable option at RB.

That is an unheard of and absurdly cheap qb room.

No downside. Today, it is no longer a question of "do we want that player?". Today, it is a question of "do we want that player at that price?" For what they are paying Wilson, they'll get it back in just pissing off Seattle and Denver.

I think their kicker makes more than their entire qb room. They may or may not find some life in Wilson, but they also don't have a single qb they have money tied up in. That not only gives them tremendous flexibility to keep looking for a qb, but it frees up tons of cap space to shore up other areas.

I think their kicker makes more than their entire qb room. They may or may not find some life in Wilson, but they also don't have a single qb they have money tied up in. That not only gives them tremendous flexibility to keep looking for a qb, but it frees up tons of cap space to shore up other areas.
The only glaring flaw in that strategy is you can’t win in the modern NFL without a top tier quarterback. Say someone with multiple MVPs in the prime of his career, Lando.

Reactions: 91Joe95
It’s bad enough that you pollute this board with your circular arguments consisting entirely of logical fallacies, but now we have to try to decipher your Pig Latin. We just can’t WIM!
Oh no a typo. How will I ever forgive myself...

A 35 year old Russ is actually better than anything we have had since we had a 36 year old Ben.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT