ADVERTISEMENT

Not a big Levis fan as a QB

Pickett seems to have a marginal NFL arm. It seems he has to put all he has into medium length NFL throws which causes him to not be as accurate with those throws as other, better NFL QB's are. This was fully on display last night, as if Pickett would have been a little more accurate on 4 or 5 throws when he had receivers open the Steelers may have been ahead and have won by 2+ TD's.

It's hard enough for NFL WR's to get open and when they are a team can't have their QB sailing uncatchable passes by him.
The Steelers are kidding themselves if they think that Pickett is a Super Bowl caliber qb. When they drafted him, which I didn't support, I hoped that he could become as good as a Kirk Cousins. Well, based on what I've seen, he's never going to come close to what Cousins has produced in the NFL. His lack of arm strength was really evident last night.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
The Steelers are kidding themselves if they think that Pickett is a Super Bowl caliber qb. When they drafted him, which I didn't support, I hoped that he could become as good as a Kirk Cousins. Well, based on what I've seen, he's never going to come close to what Cousins has produced in the NFL. His lack of arm strength was really evident last night.
Looks to me like most of the NFL is going to the "great athlete" QB. These would include Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Hurts, Watson, Allen, etc. You then have the game manager/Tom Brady QBs like Cousins, Purdy, Goff, Jones, Carr, Stafford, etc.

I'd put Pickett into the latter group. To his credit, he doesn't have a lot of help around him. The OL is marginal, at best, and Harris has been a disappointment at RB. Purdy has taken a step back with Samuel hurt and McCaffrey dinged up.

I think Pickett is "OK" but he's going to need a lot more help around him.

Watching Levis now indicates how much we mis-used him at Penn State. We never developed him. We never knew what we had. Best thing he ever did was transfer out.
One more time, the back up at Penn State is ALWAYS better than the starter. As a long time fan, I’ve been down this road over and over again.

Reactions: OaktonDave
One more time, the back up at Penn State is ALWAYS better than the starter. As a long time fan, I’ve been down this road over and over again.
In this case, I don’t think anyone is saying better. I think they are saying more appropriate for the type of offense that Franklin is partial to running.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT