ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Pitt Game Thread

Who played on the O and D line last year?
Our skill guys are likely as good as any in the country, but our O line is not dominant like other big time programs (yet), and our D line is tanented, but not stout enough to hold their ground against good O lines.

image.png

One symptom of running these types of offenses is that you lose physicality for finesse and it usually bleeds over to the defense.

With no grinding it out in practice, your defense doesn't get acclimated to it until game time.

You know when it boils down to it. Good teams find a way to win ugly.

It didn't look pretty and we would have liked to see some things sharper but we got it done.

I'll take an ugly win. Not happy about it but I'll take it.

ABC broadcast would piss me off if I was a Pitt fan,

Pitt has played well, they are under manned and entire broadcast has been pro PSU.
I was wondering earlier today whether the people who griped and moaned about Herbie being a homer for talking up tOSU would do the same when Blacklege called the Penn State game. They are both huge national brands and ranked in the top five ( not sure whether penn state will drop after this game), so it's natural to talk about their strengths and potential for glory.

It didn't look pretty and we would have liked to see some things sharper but we got it done.

Ill take a win also, but this performance makes me question our ranking..

ABC broadcast would piss me off if I was a Pitt fan,

Pitt has played well, they are under manned and entire broadcast has been pro PSU.
The XM radio broadcast was all Pitt. I had to speed to get home so I didn't have to listen much longer.

Is this a Pitt moral victory?

Man has this offense stopped itself all game. Terrible game from the offense.....QB and Playcalling top 2 culprits. Joe Mo and Trace did not have good games, frustration on both of their parts. Thank God for 26. Pretty much bailed out the whole offense.

Pitt plays this QB the rest of their season, they probably win more games then they would playing Browne.

I was wondering earlier today whether the people who griped and moaned about Herbie being a homer for talking up tOSU would do the same when Blacklege called the Penn State game. They are both huge national brands and ranked in the top five ( not sure whether penn state will drop after this game), so it's natural to talk about their strengths and potential for glory.
Beat a P5 team by 20....PSU will not drop in the polls. Were never threatened all day had a comfortable lead of at least 2 scores most of the day. Now did PSU plat well....def. NO

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT