ADVERTISEMENT

McCord to Pitt? (CBS Best Fit)

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
Not a Pitt hater but he can do better.

Kyle McCord, Ohio State​

247Sports transfer grade: 91 | Best potential fit: Pittsburgh

There isn't much buzz out there on McCord. Miami could make sense here given reasons listed above. Pittsburgh also seems like a great match, however. He signed with the Buckeyes in 2021 out of Philadelphia, and his family has deep ties to the northeast, so he could covet a return closer to home. Pittsburgh's coaching staff, for their part, always seems to seek out veteran pocket passers with plenty of starting experience. The Panthers have brought in three transfer quarterbacks since Kenny Pickett left, and two of them had extensive starting experience at a program that ran a heavy pro-style offense. McCord is a natural fit for Pitt's smashmouth scheme -- much more so than he was at Ohio State.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Lando, I'm surprised. This is actually a decent take. 😆

Up until now, I had figured he already knew where he was going and it was a 'bigger' school. The longer it takes for a leak to come out, the more I suspect a school down a notch might be the landing spot.

I would think Maryland would be more attractive spot....

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando

Kyle McCord, Ohio State​

There isn't much buzz out there on McCord. Miami could make sense here given reasons listed above. Pittsburgh also seems like a great match, however. He signed with the Buckeyes in 2021 out of Philadelphia, and his family has deep ties to the northeast, so he could covet a return closer to home. Pittsburgh's coaching staff, for their part, always seems to seek out veteran pocket passers with plenty of starting experience. The Panthers have brought in three transfer quarterbacks since Kenny Pickett left, and two of them had extensive starting experience at a program that ran a heavy pro-style offense. McCord is a natural fit for Pitt's smashmouth scheme -- much more so than he was at Ohio State.
Imagine the come down to go from playing at Ohio Stadium to playing in a pro stadium that's 3/4 empty for most games.

Kyle McCord, Ohio State​

What about Oregon ? Seems to have similar skills as Bo Nix...

Kyle McCord, Ohio State​

He kind of strikes me as a Michigan State kind of QB.

Kyle McCord, Ohio State​

How stupid is this writer - Columbus is 3 hours from Pittsburgh - Philly is 5 - So how is that CLOSER to home idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
How stupid is this writer - Columbus is 3 hours from Pittsburgh - Philly is 5 - So how is that CLOSER to home idiot.
?????
Thus, Pittsburgh is 3 hours closer to Philly, his home area than is Columbus.

Reactions: EMCLION
He kind of strikes me as a Michigan State kind of QB.
Michigan State makes sense to me too but it looks like Jonathan Smith is going to take some kid he recruited to play at Oregon State last year.
I really thought he had something lined up--A&M, Notre Dame, USC...
If he ends up a mid-level ACC school--yikes

Michigan State makes sense to me too but it looks like Jonathan Smith is going to take some kid he recruited to play at Oregon State last year.
I really thought he had something lined up--A&M, Notre Dame, USC...
If he ends up a mid-level ACC school--yikes
I think I read Nebraska was interested in McCord.

Who is writing the million plus NIL check if McCord goes to Pitt?

I can see Nebraska or MSU shelling out that much, but Pitt?

Reactions: RickinDayton

Kyle McCord, Ohio State​

Smash mouth at 3-9?! lol!

Kyle McCord, Ohio State​

pitt - where decent QBs go to be humiliated and then die.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT