ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Pitt Game Thread

How about this "defense". You people are completely ridiculous in your comments.
This Defense?? This defense just gave up 432 yards. We're still not getting big stops, allowing 4th down conversions and 3rd and long stops. Pry needs to get it fixed. We were outgained and against that team with that talent, it should never have happened!!

All you need to know 332 yards rushing!!!! Brown could not throw the ball. How did we give up 332 yards rushing????

This Defense?? This defense just gave up 432 yards. We're still not getting big stops, allowing 4th down conversions and 3rd and long stops. Pry needs to get it fixed. We were outgained and against that team with that talent, it should never have happened!!

All you need to know 332 yards rushing!!!! Brown could not throw the ball. How did we give up 332 yards rushing????

Dude. We gave up 342 yards total. Only 155 were rushing.

But, I do agree that we didn't get a lot of stops when we needed them.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion

they gave 319 total yds not 432 and 160 yds rushing... get your facts right

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
Dude. We gave up 342 yards total. Only 155 were rushing.

But, I do agree that we didn't get a lot of stops when we needed them.

I was wondering. It didn't seem like we have up that many yards rushing. But, IMHO that's way too many rushing yards to a team with no downfield passing game.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Bizarre game. Neither team really tried to take the top of the opposing D. Game was played in a phone booth most of the day. Pitt ran the ball too well and gained a lot of yards after initial contact. That needs to be cleaned up.

First game where I thought Jo Mo played it a bit safe and called dare I say a boring game that underutilized his assets.

This game might have resulted in a step backwards for Miles. If they feel they need him, time to get him touches next week.

Good special team play today.

Hope Joe the Toe was there to see it.

Special teams was excellent. Kick coverage some of the best I've ever seen. And love Tompkins returning punts. But I'm done with Barkley returning kickoffs experiment. Not because of the risk of injury but because, frankly, I don't think it's his strong suit. I absolutely love him out of the backfield. He's the best I've ever seen at PSU. But he does not seem to be nearly as explosive returning kicks as he is coming out of the backfield. I'd like to see someone else get a chance.

Our numbers are on the left, their numbers are on the right. Directly off the ESPN site. 406 (us) 432 (them)

Pitt played a better game, they just don't have the talent. Deal with it. Pry needs to fix it or we're not making the BCS.
Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
3rd down efficiency 2-10 4-12
4th down efficiency 1-1 0-0
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Possession 24:31 35:29

Our numbers are on the left, their numbers are on the right. Directly off the ESPN site. 406 (us) 432 (them)

Pitt played a better game, they just don't have the talent. Deal with it. Pry needs to fix it or we're not making the BCS.
Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1

Wow, perhaps I misspoke. Maybe you're not a good poster. A team loses by 19 and yet played a better game? That's just plain stupid and pretty much disqualifies you from saying anything else the rest of the night. There are some good games on tonight. Why not step away from BWI and try again tomorrow.

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1

Methinks there's something wrong with those stats. I don't recall us having 4 turnovers.

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
I believe those are from last year. We didn't lose 3 fumbles this year.

they gave 319 total yds not 432 and 160 yds rushing... get your facts right
And how many of those did we give up playing soft in the last quarter so they would eat up clock and not beat us on a quick score?

Alright, alright epic fail. I did pull I did pull the numbers from last year. My really, really bad. I guess it felt worse than it was.

:confused:

Reactions: Manxome_Lion

We won. Do you have a hard time understanding 33-14?

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1

You're an idiot

That's last years box score

Yeah, it is. Kind of feeling like an idiot right now. Time to have another Dours.

I'll take the opposite stance some are on the refs. I think I'd take the ACC refs all day over B10. Thought they let everyone play enough, reviews were handled quickly and correctly. I do agree they just gave up at the end with lots of blatant holding on the last drive but that isn't unexpected at that point.

Yeah, it is. Kind of feeling like an idiot right now. Time to have another Dours.

I was wondering what sent you off the rails. Honest mistake, although glad you stopped digging the hole because I was afraid if you kept going we were going to lose you.

Also, I'm guessing most would agree with you that we gave up too many rushing yards seeing as how ineffective Pitt's downfield passing game was.

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
I hate to pile on, but at least three people have pointed out that you are quoting last years stats.... I like a good critical post after a sloppy game, but you lose all credibility when you have bogus stats and double down when corrected.

I hate to pile on, but at least three people have pointed out that you are quoting last years stats.... I like a good critical post after a sloppy game, but you lose all credibility when you have bogus stats and double down when corrected.
Oh give me a break Ranger Dan. I did not double down AFTER I found out it was last year's stats. Loosen up.

Sometimes, like your sig pick, you seem to have a stick up your a$$. Have a drink.

Over and under on how many times we will see that OSU dipstick fan tonight. I watched a tailgating show and even on that show they showed and interviewed that fat clown.

Over and under on how many times we will see that OSU dipstick fan tonight. I watched a tailgating show and even on that show they showed and interviewed that fat clown.
Might see him crying after the game.

There was no rhythm today either. The Nits played slow and for the first time in a LONG time did not have that burst where they score often and quickly. I guess maybe we should be happy that they ground out a win against a determined lot though. The comment from their idiot coach about not being respected might have played well in the locker room. All his antics and he expects respect?

We won't find anything out next week either.

So we will enter BIG play without a lot of momentum. Maybe this game helps in the long run. Maybe it puts a little chip back on their shoulders especially if they are dropped in the polls a bit.

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1

And it has us losing three fumbles and Pitt only running 5 more total plays than us.....obviously wrong wrong wrong.

The sadsack jobless fat bald slob or the other fat jobless slob with a red mustache and a cape? Or herbstreit? BTW- speaking of complete LOSERS, where's Mushmouf Desmond HowNards with his Pitt pick to win? What a f@ckwad - I wish him agony and bone marrow deep pain

Beat a P5 team by 20....PSU will not drop in the polls. Were never threatened all day had a comfortable lead of at least 2 scores most of the day. Now did PSU plat well....def. NO
If we drop, then UM drops and so does Wiscy....almost exactly the same score against worse opponents than Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT