ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Pitt Game Thread

How often was this game referred to as the 'Keystone Classic' on TV? I ha FYI watch with the volume down because I was at a princess party for my six year old nieces (didn't want Blackledge overpowering the Elsa and Belle actresses hired to sing for everyone) but did listen to the feed on Sirius XM for the last six minutes or so. They had the Pitt broadcasting team calling the game and they must have mentioned it a half dozen times in the short time i was listening.

Do you mean Dewar? If so, you are worse off than I thought.
You know it's funny, I thought I would go with Chivas but I couldn't remember if it was Chevas. Then I thought McCalum but it could be McCallum or McCallun. I knew there would be a smart ass checking my spelling on the scotch name and I was too lazy to google it. LOL Laughing at myself mostly.

How often was this game referred to as the 'Keystone Classic' on TV? I ha FYI watch with the volume down because I was at a princess party for my six year old nieces (didn't want Blackledge overpowering the Elsa and Belle actresses hired to sing for everyone) but did listen to the feed on Sirius XM for the last six minutes or so. They had the Pitt broadcasting team calling the game and they must have mentioned it a half dozen times in the short time i was listening.
I didn't hear it once.

You know it's funny, I thought I would go with Chivas but I couldn't remember if it was Chevas. Then I thought McCalum but it could be McCallum or McCallun. I knew there would be a smart ass checking my spelling on the scotch name and I was too lazy to google it. LOL Laughing at myself mostly.

You're a scotch drinker? All is forgiven ;)

Dean DeVore referred to it as the Keystone Classic, in some context or other, over the PA system at the game. Caught me off guard. Meh.

Rankings at this point in the year are meaningless. 3rd, 4th, 7th. Who really cares. PSU wins all of its games then they end up in the playoffs. Just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: CDLionFL and ftlpsu

Thanks for at least calling me smart

Rankings at this point in the year are meaningless. 3rd, 4th, 7th. Who really cares. PSU wins all of its games then they end up in the playoffs. Just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.
But no one can count on an undefeated season....it just doesn't happen much anymore, so rankings do matter.

But no one can count on an undefeated season....it just doesn't happen much anymore, so rankings do matter.
Coaches don't think about rankings and they shouldn't. It's a part of the Franklin mindset, Pitt a special game???.......Every week is a special game. Unfortunately I'm not sure the team got the message. I don't know if they were nervous, if Trace didn't get enough sleep last night or if Mahon was thinking about his ex-girlfriend. Point is, there were some players who were not on the same page today as other players......the coaches need to get that figured out and fix it. Otherwise, rankings won't mean jack squat. The team did not play up to it's potential today and they need some introspection to determine why that was......that's how you move forward.

Coaches don't think about rankings and they shouldn't. It's a part of the Franklin mindset, Pitt a special game???.......Every week is a special game. Unfortunately I'm not sure the team got the message. I don't know if they were nervous, if Trace didn't get enough sleep last night or if Mahon was thinking about his ex-girlfriend. Point is, there were some players who were not on the same page today as other players......the coaches need to get that figured out and fix it. Otherwise, rankings won't mean jack squat. The team did not play up to it's potential today and they need some introspection to determine why that was......that's how you move forward.
True, but it's not like we won every game easily last year. We're going to have efforts that aren't as good as others.

Our numbers are on the left, their numbers are on the right. Directly off the ESPN site. 406 (us) 432 (them)

Pitt played a better game, they just don't have the talent. Deal with it. Pry needs to fix it or we're not making the BCS.
Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 20 19
3rd down efficiency 2-10 4-12
4th down efficiency 1-1 0-0
Total Yards 406 432
Passing 332 91
Comp-Att 24-35 11-15
Yards per pass 9.5 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 74 341
Rushing Attempts 31 56
Yards per rush 2.4 6.1
Penalties 4-35 10-79
Turnovers 4 2
Fumbles lost 3 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Possession 24:31 35:29
Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 24 14
3rd down efficiency 5-17 4-12
4th down efficiency 3-4 0-0
Total Yards 342 312
Passing 187 164
Comp-Att 24-41 15-28
Yards per pass 4.6 5.9
Interceptions thrown 2 1
Rushing 155 148
Rushing Attempts 45 24
Yards per rush 3.4 6.2
Penalties 6-55 1-15
Turnovers 3 1
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 2 1
Possession 38:20 21:40
Where did you get those stats?

Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 24 14
3rd down efficiency 5-17 4-12
4th down efficiency 3-4 0-0
Total Yards 342 312
Passing 187 164
Comp-Att 24-41 15-28
Yards per pass 4.6 5.9
Interceptions thrown 2 1
Rushing 155 148
Rushing Attempts 45 24
Yards per rush 3.4 6.2
Penalties 6-55 1-15
Turnovers 3 1
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 2 1
Possession 38:20 21:40
Where did you get those stats?

They were last year's stats. It's been covered. I apologized, etc, etc,

Reactions: WDLion
ABC's Ford wrap-up announcer Cassidy Hubbarth blew the PSU vs Pitt summary.

Said it was the first Penn State win
@ Pitt since 1999.

Otherwise a short, reasonable game summary.​

ADVERTISEMENT