ADVERTISEMENT

obli's observations: bowl game "coordinator by committee" version

True, but if you can't commit to the boundaries of a contract, I'ld rather work with less talented but more committed kids. IMHO for every self centered kid who does not want to commit, you have someone just as talented who wants a team where team mates can be counted on.
IMHO, it takes balls to sit out the bowl game and then come back and use FB facilities to prepare for the NFL.
And if you force a top prospect to sign such a binding contract when other schools don’t you will never get any top players.

1. If a player opts out b4 the trip, leave them home. Remove them from player housing and meals. Ban them from fb facilities.
2. If they opt out the day of the game, don't take them to the game and don't let them on the plane to go home. Remove them from player housing and food plans.
Don't let them use football facilities.
Loyalty must be a 2 way street. These kids lives as stars have become gimmie, gimmie, gimmie.
Time for a dose of reality.
3. 80% of NIL money for Jr's and Srs to be paid after the last game.
4. If Franklin knew the outs all along, Kraft should fine him heavily for stiffing the fans.
5. This had to be terrible for team morale before, during, and after the game.
6. All strategies must aim to protect and reward loyal players and the fans.
I really like the idea of this. Perhaps it should be tweaked a bit and, of course the players should know of these "rules" before hand. I do not believe it will effect recruitment in the least.

Cool, when you are coach you can do all that. Good luck ever getting a top recruit ever again once players see how you treat them.
Totally disagree. This would not treat players unfairly or fairly. I do not believe top recruits make their decisions based on whether or not they will get these benefits for a bowl game.

Totally disagree. This would not treat players unfairly or fairly. I do not believe top recruits make their decisions based on whether or not they will get these benefits for a bowl game.
These rules need to be uniform across all schools. We can't be there as the only program denying the opt out players a plane ride home, team facilities, meals and housing. We will look like total a holes.

Reactions: PSUSignore
These rules need to be uniform across all schools. We can't be there as the only program denying the opt out players a plane ride home, team facilities, meals and housing. We will look like total a holes.
Collective bargaining and contracts are sorely, sorely needed to save the future of the sport. In order to get that, the sport first needs competent leadership which means abolish the NCAA and form a proper commissioner's office with actual teeth to govern properly, and govern ALL conferences equally instead of giving the individual conferences power to make their own decisions.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT