ADVERTISEMENT

How would PSU fans feel about OSU's McCord transferring to PSU and Allar then committing to OSU ? Keep in mind, McCord is from Philly.

1. It seems completely unrealistic. Other than a fantasy, why is it being mentioned?

2. Yes, it would be the short end. Why else would OSU remotely want it? They are set for next year with a returning Stroud. This would fix the '22 gap Ewers redec created.

Then keep the higher rated player. Why spin this like it would be some great thing for PSU? Why not spin it like McCord might transfer here and we sign Aller?
If you go back and read my posts, the good thing for PSU is that they would be getting a player (McCord) that had already proven himself in college with a year of B1G under his belt in case Clifford decides to leave. Does PSU really want to be forced to depend on a true freshman (Allar) with no experience under his belt. He could very well turn out to be a great CF QB but he will - unless he's superman - need time to develop unlike McCord who will already have a year in CF

I picked this topic off of OSU's Letterman Row. There's a huge thread on Allar and they go through all kinds of different things happening. I believe Letterman's Row is now part of ON3

I don't understand why so many on this thread is upset about McCord to PSU and Allar to OSU. Jesus, do many understand that McCord had a higher 247 Composite rating than Allar - 0.9858 to 0.9658 ? 5 star to a high 4 star. No one was trying to flame and keep in mind, like I mentioned earlier, McCord battled Stroud - and it was close - for the starting QB spot. He won Freshman of the Week honors earlier in the year. Do you really think if McCord went to PSU and Allar - who's still in HS - to OSU that PSU would be getting the short end of the stick ?
How about Allar sticks with PSU and McCord transfers in to compete with him for the job? How does that sound?

Reactions: NittanyLionFan
Agree, but you're also describing 95% of the threads on this board - most are speculation
But this particular one is so random that it’s pointless. The only way Allar is not coming is if Franklin leaves. If Franklin does leave, why would anyone think his replacement would be able to land McCord when they don’t even know who it is? My guess is it will be some middle of the road P5 coach (like Clawson) or some flavor of the month G5 coach (like Fickell)….guys like that aren’t landing a McCord level QB.

If you go back and read my posts, the good thing for PSU is that they would be getting a player (McCord) that had already proven himself in college with a year of B1G under his belt in case Clifford decides to leave. Does PSU really want to be forced to depend on a true freshman (Allar) with no experience under his belt. He could very well turn out to be a great CF QB but he will - unless he's superman - need time to develop unlike McCord who will already have a year in CF

McCord beating Tulsa (Akron, apologies) with OSU's offensive talent doesn't mean anything at all.

The sheer fact that any person is willing to give up a player they already have and might struggle to keep for a player that hasn't even got out of HS tells me all I need to know about this transaction.

Recruiting rankings and snaps vs Tulsa aside, Allar has size that you just can't create or teach or train.

Last edited:
How about Allar sticks with PSU and McCord transfers in to compete with him for the job? How does that sound?
That's fine. Just posted all of this because OSU will continue to go after Allar and D, Brown (Calif) and they expect to lose one or two to the portal - maybe McCord. And with McCord playing at St Joseph's in Philly, the speculation started if he would consider a transfer to PSU. And keep in mind, there was already a thread on this board (and still is ?) about what happens to Allar if Franklin leaves - I didn't start that one. What's triggering all of the speculation of PSU is the Illinois loss and Franklin keeping quiet on everything. Take a spin around the different B1G boards if you think I'm BSing

In all fairness, 99% of the bullshit posted here in the past 3 days isn't going to happen.
Good point, but some of it might happen….this particular one ain’t happening at all, not in a million years.

McCord beating Tulsa with OSU's offensive talent doesn't mean anything at all.

The sheer fact that any person is willing to give up a player they already have and might struggle to keep for a player that hasn't even got out of HS tells me all I need to know about this transaction.

Recruiting rankings and snaps vs Tulsa aside, Allar has size that you just can't create or teach or train.
C'mon man. McCord coming in as a true FR and beating any P5 program like he did is solid. And like mentioned, he won B1G FR of the week. That just doesn't happen with an average performance. The kid can flat out spin the ball

I have no idea who will turn out to be better. Allar has a BIGTIME future in front of him if he gets the right coaching - he can be a major player in CF. But to automatically start looking for ways to minimize what McCord has already done is ridiculous. And if Schiano and Rutgers do get McCord like a few on here have mentioned - watch out. He's putting together some talent and a proven QB can be bad for the rest of the B1G

C'mon man. McCord coming in as a true FR and beating any P5 program like he did is solid. And like mentioned, he won B1G FR of the week. That just doesn't happen with an average performance. The kid can flat out spin the ball

I have no idea who will turn out to be better. Allar has a BIGTIME future in front of him if he gets the right coaching - he can be a major player in CF. But to automatically start looking for ways to minimize what McCord has already done is ridiculous. And if Schiano and Rutgers do get McCord like a few on here have mentioned - watch out. He's putting together some talent and a proven QB can be bad for the rest of the B1G
Heck, maybe McCord will spin his magic under the Gorilla’s watchful eye when he returns to Happy Valley to lead the Nits?!

McCord coming in as a true FR and beating any P5 program like he did is solid.

OK. You guys can keep him. If he wanted to be a Lion, he'd have already been here.

We'll stick with Aller. If McCord wants to transfer in, so be it.

At this point McCord if he believes in his ability should still feel confident about winning the starting job after Stroud. If he learned anything this year it would be that the fans reactions and wants mean little versus Coach Day.

The person who may feel it’s worth looking elsewhere is Miller. Another talented QB but has been passed by McCord.
Correct. No reason for McCord to leave unless he is dead set on being a starter in '22. And if that's the case, he'd be better off leaving now and saving his RS.

There's some talk of it on the OSU boards. Probably a good situation for both as McCord would be transferring in with a year's experience and has really looked good when he's played this year
I believe McCord's father is on the Rutgers staff. If he transfers, it might be Rutgers.

What's interesting is is that OSU seems to keep them happy and ready to play when called upon.
Most freshmen or redshirt freshmen stay…we’ll see next year and the year after. Look at Stevens and Levis. But let’s not forget Joe Burrow and Tate Martell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT