ADVERTISEMENT

New Allar - Ewers - Franklin Rumors-Info

Allar's parents aren't naive. CJF can get hit by a bus so there are never any guarantees in life. But I am told Allar is comfortable and making plans to be in Happy Valley in January. The parents know that anything can happen.
Your right and it goes both ways too. He can transfer out at any point if he doesn't like the situation he's in. Landing these big recruits is one thing, and now with the portal keeping them happy is huge.

I agree, Franklins vague and confusing press conference on the practice field earlier this week showed that there are conversations and discussions going on. Is Franklin asking for more money and infrastructure improvements? What more does Penn State need to give him? There is only so much that Franklin should be asking for when considering his rather mediocre results over the past season and a half.
And he spits too. Don't forget about that tidbit.

To start with, I've picked the following info off of several boards in the last 24 to 48 hours. Take a stroll through several Buckeye and Texas (and A&M) if you don't believe me, take a look for yourselves.

Like I've mentioned on several occasion, IMO, Mullet (Ewers) will never see the field at OSU. He's a prima donna that expected to come in and set the world on fire - it isn't happening. He screwed OSU's QB plans up when he reclassified and Day wasn't happy about it. Day recently said he has a lot to learn and a long way to go . He's behind the 3 other QBs and won't see the field - at least - until Stroud leaves in another year or two. And both Miller and McCord are both in front of him - especially McCord. Ewers didn't make the trip - with the rest of the team - to Indiana last Saturday

The rumors are running wild - especially on the Texas and Buckeye boards - that it's a 100% given that Ewers will be transferring out (portal) and Texas A&M is his likely destination. FWIW, supposedly Jimbo is still in the kid's ear and wants him badly. I's all but a done deal at the end of the year. Plus, Ewers is homesick with complicates matters.

With Jack Miller probably transferring back to a West coast team - more likely Arizona or ASU - at the end of the year, that will only leave Stroud (1 more year) and McCord on the roster. OSU is really going hard now after both Allar and D. Brown (USC commit) and are using the coaching uncertainties of both schools to their advantage. Their really hammering Allar - who grew up a Buckeye fan - about the possibility of Franklin leaving. Supposedly he'll be at the OSU-PSU game Saturday night as guest of the Buckeyes.....not sure about this one - maybe someone can confirm this rumor. And Allar is starting to listen. The best thing that Franklin can do RIGHT NOW is deny all of the leaving rumors to keep your class intact.
well if Ewers is homesick why would he go to A&M isnt he from Cali??

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Does this mean they're not BS rumors but true rumors? Do you even know what the definition of a rumor is? But hey, you read it on a message board so it must be fact. 🥱
Isn't that 75% (maybe more) of what message boards are - rumors and speculation. I didn't say it was fact - just posting what I read on other boards that seem to have a good handle on what is going on with their teams. Allar is a PSU commit so I posted it here. Heck, some of you have started threads and contributed to Franklin's current situation and that he needs to make a statement that it's all BS and a lot of that has to do with recruiting

He’s not a wild rumor type of poster; this sounds like half wishful thinking and half putting some speculative pieces together. Ewers sounds like a diva, and no secret
OSU wanted him in the ‘22 class for a reason. Combine that with Franklin uncertainty (of course schools are going to use that) and Allar’s sudden rise in the rankings and none of this speculation should be surprising. Always better to watch what people do. If Allar is at the game, worth keeping an eye on.
It's true that you never know what might happen, but from what everyone around OSU has seen, other players comments, and interviews the kid himself, Ewers seems like anything but a "Diva". This kid isn't Tate Martell. Of course they wanted him in the "22 class. He was the #1 QB and #1 overall recruit in that class. His early arrival DID throw a bit of a monkey wrench in the recruiting cycle for next year, as now they scrambling to find a QB for that class. The competition next Spring and summer should be quite interesting to watch. As I said earlier, most people expect Jack Miller to transfer no matter what happens, and how Day handles the competition with the other three will be fun to watch. Whoever wins the battle for #2 ( assuming Stroud remains the starter) will have the inside track on the job in 2023. The question will be how long are either McCord or Ewers willing to wait. This is probably a situation where we will see how much NIL dollars and other factors effect the roster. As for Allar, didn't he already say he wasn't attending the game tomorrow? Or was it just as a guest of OSU?

It's true that you never know what might happen, but from what everyone around OSU has seen, other players comments, and interviews the kid himself, Ewers seems like anything but a "Diva". This kid isn't Tate Martell. Of course they wanted him in the "22 class. He was the #1 QB and #1 overall recruit in that class. His early arrival DID throw a bit of a monkey wrench in the recruiting cycle for next year, as now they scrambling to find a QB for that class. The competition next Spring and summer should be quite interesting to watch. As I said earlier, most people expect Jack Miller to transfer no matter what happens, and how Day handles the competition with the other three will be fun to watch. Whoever wins the battle for #2 ( assuming Stroud remains the starter) will have the inside track on the job in 2023. The question will be how long are either McCord or Ewers willing to wait. This is probably a situation where we will see how much NIL dollars and other factors effect the roster. As for Allar, didn't he already say he wasn't attending the game tomorrow? Or was it just as a guest of OSU?

I don't know - guys with ironic (or maybe unironic...?) mullets worry me. So do seven digit NIL deals as a HS senior. I guess we'll see (about everything). I do think OSU would rather have Allar since he's a hometown kid and would be a knife in a key rival's heart.

The problem is that Franklin seems to have these rumors circulating just about every year which I really don't understand considering that PSU is a true blueblood school and should not be a stepping stone to other schools. Like I said, just relaying info that is running wild on other boards.
That is so true. And if ever there was a coach who could jump to the NFL, it is Ryan Day…yet you hear nothing. And credit to him.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Great problems to have and kudos to O$U!

11 Warriors ( excellent source of actual news) and O Zone forums and message boards are a cesspool. Just like Bucknuts. The comments and interviews by Ewers himself refute the garbage you are spewing. All you are doing is trying to stir up crap.
They don't want to lose Ewers. He was supposedly the "next great thing" at QB. If you travel around different boards, you'll see it's on quite a few, just not OSU boards. I never said Allar is flipping to OSU, just that with Franklin being quiet on his situation, other schools - specifically OSU - are using this against him. Not garbage like you're trying to claim.

They don't want to lose Ewers. He was supposedly the "next great thing" at QB. If you travel around different boards, you'll see it's on quite a few, just not OSU boards. I never said Allar is flipping to OSU, just that with Franklin being quiet on his situation, other schools - specifically OSU - are using this against him. Not garbage like you're trying to claim.
You did say Allar was visiting OSU Saturday Night....and that was proven wrong.....care to comment?

Great problems to have and kudos to O$U!
It "sounds" like a great problem, but the fear ( hopefully baseless) around Buckeye Nation is that the whole thing will blow up. If Ewers and McCord were to both transfer looking for a starting job, it would leave the QB room extremely thin next year with just Stroud and Miller and no QB currently committed for the 2022 class. It would be like the year we had Haskins and everyone held their breath every time he took off running (rarely) or took a big hit. All there was behind him were two lifetime backup transfers.

It "sounds" like a great problem, but the fear ( hopefully baseless) around Buckeye Nation is that the whole thing will blow up. If Ewers and McCord were to both transfer looking for a starting job, it would leave the QB room extremely thin next year with just Stroud and Miller and no QB currently committed for the 2022 class. It would be like the year we had Haskins and everyone held their breath every time he took off running (rarely) or took a big hit. All there was behind him were two lifetime backup transfers.
Wanna trade places? I didn’t think so.

Wish we had that “problem” to worry about. Good on O$U. Day has been simply amazing…I am thinking he’ll add a MNC soon… maybe this year.

And by his own words, not those of idiot message board posters, he isn't planning on going anywhere. He never expected to play this year. He talks about how difficult it has been adjusting from being a high school Junior to suddenly being under the microscope at a major university. The kid seems to have a really good head on his shoulders and talks about how he is just trying to absorb everything he can from veteran players, and just do what is asked of him. Try actually watching one of the many interviews with Ewers himself where he says so. What happens after Spring and summer camps next year is anybody's guess, but the kid himself says he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Everything else is just idiots on the interwebz spouting crap.

So if Ewers bolts OSU, what happens to the 1.5 million NIL money?
Has nothing to do with the school. And this is why - contrary to what a Buckeye on this thread said - that OSU and Day were upset when he reclassified. It screwed up their QB rotation and it was all about him getting the money NOW. They tried to talk him out of it. The money would have been there later - next year. The kid should still be in high school. No matter which way any of the Buckeyes try to spin it, he is a Prima Donna and if you read their boards, many of their fans agree and are bidding him adios. Read a few of the OSU and Texas boards before jumping to conclusion that are totally off. You don't think it was strange that they left Ewers at home against Indiana thereby isolating their future superstar QB ? Put yourself in the shoes of a few OSU veteran players who see a kid come in and make $1.4 million in endorsements before even setting foot on campus. Sorry, he's a PRIMA DONNA.

And I didn't say Allar was flipping but just stating it is a possibility if Franklin and his staff doesn't take some kind of definite stance in the very near future - like it or not

And by his own words, not those of idiot message board posters, he isn't planning on going anywhere.
Would you expect him to say anything else ? Obviously - and contrary what many like to think - I'm not an OSU/Ewers fan. Just can't see a kid who should still be in HS, be given $1.4 million

Last edited:
Wanna trade places? I didn’t think so.

Wish we had that “problem” to worry about. Good on O$U. Day has been simply amazing…I am thinking he’ll add a MNC soon… maybe this year.
Besides Allar, don't you guys have another really highly ranked QB committed for the 22 class? As for Natty, Obviously I hope you are right, but I doubt it will be this year. Although they have improved by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the season, I still think the defense won't get them there. I still have my doubts also that any of the B1G East "Big 4",,,,PSU, OSU, Sparty and scUM makes it through the "Round Robin of Death" that starts tomorrow without a loss.

Has nothing to do with the school. And this is why - contrary to what a Buckeye on this thread said - that OSU and Day were upset when he reclassified. It screwed up their QB rotation and it was all about him getting the money NOW. They tried to talk him out of it. The money would have been there later - next year. The kid should still be in high school. No matter which way any of the Buckeyes try to spin it, he is a Prima Donna and if you read their boards, many of their fans agree and are bidding him adios. Read a few of the OSU and Texas boards before jumping to conclusion that are totally off. You don't think it was strange that they left Ewers at home against Indiana thereby isolating their future superstar QB ? Put yourself in the shoes of a few OSU veteran players who see a kid come in and make $1.4 million in endorsements before even setting foot on campus. Sorry, he's a PRIMA DONNA.

And I didn't say Allar was flipping but just stating it is a possibility if Franklin and his staff doesn't take some kind of definite stance in the very near future - like it or not
Dude....have a beer. You obviously have me confused with someone who might give a shit. I don't fret over things i can't control. I just wanted to know if Ewers gets to keep the coin.

• Haha
Reactions: PearlSUJam
Besides Allar, don't you guys have another really highly ranked QB committed for the 22 class? As for Natty, Obviously I hope you are right, but I doubt it will be this year. Although they have improved by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the season, I still think the defense won't get them there. I still have my doubts also that any of the B1G East "Big 4",,,,PSU, OSU, Sparty and scUM makes it through the "Round Robin of Death" that starts tomorrow without a loss.
OSU will win the B1G East by the tie-breaker method but will lose a game to PSU, MSU, or UM. Still think that their defense sucks

Dude....have a beer. You obviously have me confused with someone who might give a shit. I don't fret over things i can't control. I just wanted to know if Ewers gets to keep the coin.
Have no idea who his deals are with and what their about. He's headed back to Texas (A&M ?) so maybe some of their fans can answer that for you on their Rivals board

To start with, I've picked the following info off of several boards in the last 24 to 48 hours. Take a stroll through several Buckeye and Texas (and A&M) if you don't believe me, take a look for yourselves.

Like I've mentioned on several occasion, IMO, Mullet (Ewers) will never see the field at OSU. He's a prima donna that expected to come in and set the world on fire - it isn't happening. He screwed OSU's QB plans up when he reclassified and Day wasn't happy about it. Day recently said he has a lot to learn and a long way to go . He's behind the 3 other QBs and won't see the field - at least - until Stroud leaves in another year or two. And both Miller and McCord are both in front of him - especially McCord. Ewers didn't make the trip - with the rest of the team - to Indiana last Saturday

The rumors are running wild - especially on the Texas and Buckeye boards - that it's a 100% given that Ewers will be transferring out (portal) and Texas A&M is his likely destination. FWIW, supposedly Jimbo is still in the kid's ear and wants him badly. I's all but a done deal at the end of the year. Plus, Ewers is homesick with complicates matters.

With Jack Miller probably transferring back to a West coast team - more likely Arizona or ASU - at the end of the year, that will only leave Stroud (1 more year) and McCord on the roster. OSU is really going hard now after both Allar and D. Brown (USC commit) and are using the coaching uncertainties of both schools to their advantage. Their really hammering Allar - who grew up a Buckeye fan - about the possibility of Franklin leaving. Supposedly he'll be at the OSU-PSU game Saturday night as guest of the Buckeyes.....not sure about this one - maybe someone can confirm this rumor. And Allar is starting to listen. The best thing that Franklin can do RIGHT NOW is deny all of the leaving rumors to keep your class intact.
Chances are better than 50-50...much better in all likelihood...that James' agent will be busy shoring up his situation at Penn State rather than sifting thru job offers.

Reactions: OhioLion

Please stop the madness. Allar is solid with us.

OSU will win the B1G East by the tie-breaker method but will lose a game to PSU, MSU, or UM. Still think that their defense sucks
Doesn't suck like it did at the beginning of the year, but not up to what they normally field. Have to give Day credit...they completely retooled the entire D. There's many players who were starting at the beginning of the season who aren't getting much time now because the young pups are starting to bite. Completely changed the scheme and coaching. Pretty gutsy move to make in season. The line is starting to look more like an LJ line ( minus the freak ends) and the safeties and corners are looking good. LBs are still the weak link.

Reactions: dailybuck777
And by his own words, not those of idiot message board posters, he isn't planning on going anywhere. He never expected to play this year. He talks about how difficult it has been adjusting from being a high school Junior to suddenly being under the microscope at a major university. The kid seems to have a really good head on his shoulders and talks about how he is just trying to absorb everything he can from veteran players, and just do what is asked of him. Try actually watching one of the many interviews with Ewers himself where he says so. What happens after Spring and summer camps next year is anybody's guess, but the kid himself says he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Everything else is just idiots on the interwebz spouting crap.
I just read the OSU boards occasionally so I have no idea who some of their insiders and writers are but the story was broke by an OSU writer-insider labeled "AG" - two days ago - and he said it (Ewers transfer) had a 70% chance of happening. I believe he writes for either Lettermans Row, Buckeye Scoop or Eleven Warriors. Day even said recently that Ewers is no where near ready to play - something a kid doesn't want to hear if he had ideas of becoming a star in a short period of time

Chances are better than 50-50...much better in all likelihood...that James' agent will be busy shoring up his situation at Penn State rather than sifting thru job offers.
Again, what is Franklin’s situation at Penn State? He just signed an extension in early 2020 through 2025, and wasn’t he promised a large infrastructure improvement as part of the deal. Does he want more money, a longer deal, and even more infrastructure improvements? Does he want NIL type of money in his deal?

Help me out fellas....Do the Texas and OSU boards have Midnighter and Playboy threads on them? If not, why waste one second of my life going over there.
One reason why - a big one - BWI is my favorite board. Best entertainment on the Internet - nothing even remotely close :)

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
Your right and it goes both ways too. He can transfer out at any point if he doesn't like the situation he's in. Landing these big recruits is one thing, and now with the portal keeping them happy is huge.
100% correct. Transfers are just part of the recruiting game now

I just read the OSU boards occasionally so I have no idea who some of their insiders and writers are but the story was broke by an OSU writer-insider labeled "AG" - two days ago - and he said it (Ewers transfer) had a 70% chance of happening. I believe he writes for either Lettermans Row, Buckeye Scoop or Eleven Warriors. Day even said recently that Ewers is no where near ready to play - something a kid doesn't want to hear if he had ideas of becoming a star in a short period of time
For someone who pretends to be a Michigan fan, you're taking an unusual amount of interest in something which doesn't involve Michigan. Many of the posts in this thread are yours. Don't you know spreading misinformation should be a bit more subtle??

For someone who pretends to be a Michigan fan, you're taking an unusual amount of interest in something which doesn't involve Michigan. Many of the posts in this thread are yours. Don't you know spreading misinformation should be a bit more subtle??
What is misinformation ? I've used OSU insiders-writers on their boards - as my source. Do you really think that Ewers leaving - being 4th string - is misinformation. I posted it here because there have been a few threads already started on this board about the Allar-OSU-Franklin situation - NOT STARTED BY ME. It should be obvious - by my tone in this thread - that I'm neither a Michigan or OSU fan. All I can say is that Franklin needs to put an end to the leaving rumors NOW

Amazes me how Beau Pribula is left out of this discussion. He is as good or better than Allar.

It has been proven false, why no comment on that?
Because someone debunked it like I asked for them to do ?

The problem with most sites that if you post something that some don't like - especially the ones with blinders on - some go batchit crazy. OMG, it doesn't line up with my thinking so it's just BS. It's the same on all boards. Sorry, I posted this because it's been a big topic on this board over the last couple of weeks

ADVERTISEMENT