ADVERTISEMENT

I prayed all night to my Heavenly Father and yet....there is still no updated PSU Roster.

DuckBlunder

Mar 17, 2023
Previously I asked this forum why does everything PSU wrestling have to be some clandestine operation? Secret knocks, code words, psy-ops...all of it. About half of the responses didn't even answer the question. Got quite a bit of don't question his brilliance. I should consider myself lucky...I don't deserve...and also a bunch of rhetorical questions.
To address some of the arguments in his defense, of course disclosing injuries could have a negative affect on outcomes but realistically this is not very probable. You can be as closed-lipped as possible until your wrestler steps on the mat. The physio tape all over your wrestler's body and the braces on both of Spencer's knees have already done all the talking but fine I can live with that bit of secrecy. Prior knowledge of planned redshirts/ORS could be a problem but would really only be wagering the chance of immediate success against the success of the next couple years ...but go ahead and keep that secret too. Who's going what weight? Might help win a dual meet but by the time the post-season is upon us...the cat is out of the bag. Keeping this secret has no affect on post-season results, so spill the beans Cael. But...but the kids are his number 1 priority. Awesome, they should be. The fans should count too though. None of my gripes even need to pass by that man's desk. He is at the head of the most dominant force in NCAA athletics and with that comes an abundance of resources. I just Googled every team in the top 20 of last year's NCAAs and shocker...every single one of them has the current roster updated. So, I guess the conclusion I've come to is this: Cael doesn't give a sh*t about the fans because he doesn't have to. All he has to do is keep on winning and the man can literally do whatever he wants. As irritating as this is, I will always prefer the Dynasty over more transparency. I'm just disappointed that with virtually no additional effort, being a PSU wrestling fan could be a much more immersive experience than what it is now without being a detriment to its success.
From what I have gleaned from stories and interviews of people that have spent some time with the guy, he is supremely competitive to the point of being a bit of an odd bird about things. The most exceptional of the most exceptional tend to be be this way but it'd be cool if Cael was just as competitive about being fan friendly as he is in accumulating those championship trophies because with respect to the former the dude is in last place. Commence with the meltdown, forum. Also, while I'm being picky and asking for sh*t that isn't about to change, when we are finally graced with this season's roster, please include the height with the weight and a more thorough back story. There doesn't appear to be consistent mentions of results at elite high school tourneys. Every good story needs a little character development, ya know? I believe I can't think of any more things to complain about.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Previously I asked this forum why does everything PSU wrestling have to be some clandestine operation. Secret knocks, code words, psy-ops...all of it. About half of the responses didn't even answer the question. Got quite a bit of don't question his brilliance. I should be lucky...I don't deserve...and also a bunch of rhetorical questions. Of course disclosing injuries could have a negative affect on outcomes but realistically this is not very probable. You can be as closed-lipped as possible until your wrestler steps on the mat. The physio tape all over your wrestler's body and the braces on both of Spencer's knees have already done all the talking but fine I can live with that bit of secrecy. Prior knowledge of planned redshirts/ORS could be a problem but would really only be wagering the chance of immediate success against the success of the next couple years ...but go ahead and keep that secret too. Who's going what weight? Might help win a dual meet but by the time the post-season is upon us...the cat is out of the bag. Keeping this secret has no effect on post-season results. So spill the beans, Cael. But...but the kids are his number 1 priority. Awesome, they should be. The fans should count too though. None of my gripes even need to pass by that man's desk. He is at the head of the most dominant force in NCAA athletics and with that comes an abundance of resources. I just Googled every team in the top 20 of last year's NCAAs and shocker...every single one of them has the current roster updated. So, I guess the conclusion I've come to is this: Cael doesn't give a sh*t about the fans because he doesn't have to. All he has to do is keep on winning and the man can literally do whatever he wants. As irritating as this is, I will always prefer the Dynasty over more transparency, I'm just disappointed that with virtually no additional effort, being a PSU wrestling fan could be a much more immersive experience than what it is now without being a detriment to its success. From what I have gleaned from stories and interviews of people that have spent some time with the guy. He is supremely competitive to point of being a bit of an odd bird about things. The most exceptional of the most exceptional tend to be be this way but it'd be cool if Cael was just as competitive about being fan friendly as he is in accumulating those championship trophies because with respect to the former the dude is in last place. Commence with the meltdown forum. Also, while I'm being picky and asking for sh*t that isn't about to change, when we are finally graced with this season's roster, please include the height with the weight and a more thorough back story. There doesn't appear to be consistent mention of results at elite high school tourneys. Ya know...every good story needs a little character development. I believe I can't think of any more things to complain about.
That’s quite the word salad. Feel better now ? 😉

Previously I asked this forum why does everything PSU wrestling have to be some clandestine operation. Secret knocks, code words, psy-ops...all of it. About half of the responses didn't even answer the question. Got quite a bit of don't question his brilliance. I should be lucky...I don't deserve...and also a bunch of rhetorical questions. Of course disclosing injuries could have a negative affect on outcomes but realistically this is not very probable. You can be as closed-lipped as possible until your wrestler steps on the mat. The physio tape all over your wrestler's body and the braces on both of Spencer's knees have already done all the talking but fine I can live with that bit of secrecy. Prior knowledge of planned redshirts/ORS could be a problem but would really only be wagering the chance of immediate success against the success of the next couple years ...but go ahead and keep that secret too. Who's going what weight? Might help win a dual meet but by the time the post-season is upon us...the cat is out of the bag. Keeping this secret has no effect on post-season results. So spill the beans, Cael. But...but the kids are his number 1 priority. Awesome, they should be. The fans should count too though. None of my gripes even need to pass by that man's desk. He is at the head of the most dominant force in NCAA athletics and with that comes an abundance of resources. I just Googled every team in the top 20 of last year's NCAAs and shocker...every single one of them has the current roster updated. So, I guess the conclusion I've come to is this: Cael doesn't give a sh*t about the fans because he doesn't have to. All he has to do is keep on winning and the man can literally do whatever he wants. As irritating as this is, I will always prefer the Dynasty over more transparency, I'm just disappointed that with virtually no additional effort, being a PSU wrestling fan could be a much more immersive experience than what it is now without being a detriment to its success. From what I have gleaned from stories and interviews of people that have spent some time with the guy. He is supremely competitive to the point of being a bit of an odd bird about things. The most exceptional of the most exceptional tend to be be this way but it'd be cool if Cael was just as competitive about being fan friendly as he is in accumulating those championship trophies because with respect to the former the dude is in last place. Commence with the meltdown forum. Also, while I'm being picky and asking for sh*t that isn't about to change, when we are finally graced with this season's roster, please include the height with the weight and a more thorough back story. There doesn't appear to be consistent mention of results at elite high school tourneys. Ya know...every good story needs a little character development. I believe I can't think of any more things to complain about.
Try some decaf

Think Mad Men GIF

Previously I asked this forum why does everything PSU wrestling have to be some clandestine operation. Secret knocks, code words, psy-ops...all of it. About half of the responses didn't even answer the question. Got quite a bit of don't question his brilliance. I should be lucky...I don't deserve...and also a bunch of rhetorical questions. Of course disclosing injuries could have a negative affect on outcomes but realistically this is not very probable. You can be as closed-lipped as possible until your wrestler steps on the mat. The physio tape all over your wrestler's body and the braces on both of Spencer's knees have already done all the talking but fine I can live with that bit of secrecy. Prior knowledge of planned redshirts/ORS could be a problem but would really only be wagering the chance of immediate success against the success of the next couple years ...but go ahead and keep that secret too. Who's going what weight? Might help win a dual meet but by the time the post-season is upon us...the cat is out of the bag. Keeping this secret has no effect on post-season results. So spill the beans, Cael. But...but the kids are his number 1 priority. Awesome, they should be. The fans should count too though. None of my gripes even need to pass by that man's desk. He is at the head of the most dominant force in NCAA athletics and with that comes an abundance of resources. I just Googled every team in the top 20 of last year's NCAAs and shocker...every single one of them has the current roster updated. So, I guess the conclusion I've come to is this: Cael doesn't give a sh*t about the fans because he doesn't have to. All he has to do is keep on winning and the man can literally do whatever he wants. As irritating as this is, I will always prefer the Dynasty over more transparency, I'm just disappointed that with virtually no additional effort, being a PSU wrestling fan could be a much more immersive experience than what it is now without being a detriment to its success. From what I have gleaned from stories and interviews of people that have spent some time with the guy. He is supremely competitive to the point of being a bit of an odd bird about things. The most exceptional of the most exceptional tend to be be this way but it'd be cool if Cael was just as competitive about being fan friendly as he is in accumulating those championship trophies because with respect to the former the dude is in last place. Commence with the meltdown forum. Also, while I'm being picky and asking for sh*t that isn't about to change, when we are finally graced with this season's roster, please include the height with the weight and a more thorough back story. There doesn't appear to be consistent mention of results at elite high school tourneys. Ya know...every good story needs a little character development. I believe I can't think of any more things to complain about.
Some things are so important that it's not enough to just pray all night. You also have to wrestle God all night. (Genesis 32:22-30.) Go back and try again. I suggest wearing extra strong headgear.

;):p

Paragraphs my friend. Paragraphs.

Patience is a virtue.

Besides when it comes out, you're going to be like Ralphie from Christmas Story.. and you won't even have to worry that "You'll shoot your eye out".

Previously I asked this forum why does everything PSU wrestling have to be some clandestine operation. Secret knocks, code words, psy-ops...all of it. About half of the responses didn't even answer the question. Got quite a bit of don't question his brilliance. I should be lucky...I don't deserve...and also a bunch of rhetorical questions.
Of course disclosing injuries could have a negative affect on outcomes but realistically this is not very probable. You can be as closed-lipped as possible until your wrestler steps on the mat. The physio tape all over your wrestler's body and the braces on both of Spencer's knees have already done all the talking but fine I can live with that bit of secrecy. Prior knowledge of planned redshirts/ORS could be a problem but would really only be wagering the chance of immediate success against the success of the next couple years ...but go ahead and keep that secret too. Who's going what weight? Might help win a dual meet but by the time the post-season is upon us...the cat is out of the bag. Keeping this secret has no affect on post-season results. So spill the beans, Cael. But...but the kids are his number 1 priority. Awesome, they should be. The fans should count too though. None of my gripes even need to pass by that man's desk. He is at the head of the most dominant force in NCAA athletics and with that comes an abundance of resources. I just Googled every team in the top 20 of last year's NCAAs and shocker...every single one of them has the current roster updated. So, I guess the conclusion I've come to is this: Cael doesn't give a sh*t about the fans because he doesn't have to. All he has to do is keep on winning and the man can literally do whatever he wants. As irritating as this is, I will always prefer the Dynasty over more transparency. I'm just disappointed that with virtually no additional effort, being a PSU wrestling fan could be a much more immersive experience than what it is now without being a detriment to its success.​
From what I have gleaned from stories and interviews of people that have spent some time with the guy. He is supremely competitive to the point of being a bit of an odd bird about things. The most exceptional of the most exceptional tend to be be this way but it'd be cool if Cael was just as competitive about being fan friendly as he is in accumulating those championship trophies because with respect to the former the dude is in last place. Commence with the meltdown forum. Also, while I'm being picky and asking for sh*t that isn't about to change, when we are finally graced with this season's roster, please include the height with the weight and a more thorough back story. There doesn't appear to be consistent mention of results at elite high school tourneys. Ya know...every good story needs a little character development. I believe I can't think of any more things to complain about.
Is this ranting, raving or both?

Reactions: Sullivan

Click on roster and you will at least have the names and years of the roster. I would guess it is pretty safe to assume most guys will be one weight lower than what they weighed in at on their certification day which is the weight class shown.

This probably means nothing but for what it is worth, Tony Cassioppi and Nelson Brands have certified for the wrestling season at Iowa nd Abe Assad has not.

Click on roster and you will at least have the names and years of the roster. I would guess it is pretty safe to assume most guys will be one weight lower than what they weighed in at on their certification day which is the weight class shown.

This probably means nothing but for what it is worth, Tony Cassioppi and Nelson Brands have certified for the wrestling season at Iowa nd Abe Assad has not.
Thanks. Cael, cut this man a check.

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
It seems to me you might rather be a Tom Ryan/buckeye fan. Tom excels at all the things you have a gripe with (heck, he even livestreams his wrestle offs!)

We may mercilessly mock him for it, but don’t let that discourage you from following your passion!

Reactions: Split shot
Previously I asked this forum why does everything PSU wrestling have to be some clandestine operation? Secret knocks, code words, psy-ops...all of it. About half of the responses didn't even answer the question. Got quite a bit of don't question his brilliance. I should consider myself lucky...I don't deserve...and also a bunch of rhetorical questions.
To address some of the arguments in his defense, of course disclosing injuries could have a negative affect on outcomes but realistically this is not very probable. You can be as closed-lipped as possible until your wrestler steps on the mat. The physio tape all over your wrestler's body and the braces on both of Spencer's knees have already done all the talking but fine I can live with that bit of secrecy. Prior knowledge of planned redshirts/ORS could be a problem but would really only be wagering the chance of immediate success against the success of the next couple years ...but go ahead and keep that secret too. Who's going what weight? Might help win a dual meet but by the time the post-season is upon us...the cat is out of the bag. Keeping this secret has no affect on post-season results, so spill the beans Cael. But...but the kids are his number 1 priority. Awesome, they should be. The fans should count too though. None of my gripes even need to pass by that man's desk. He is at the head of the most dominant force in NCAA athletics and with that comes an abundance of resources. I just Googled every team in the top 20 of last year's NCAAs and shocker...every single one of them has the current roster updated. So, I guess the conclusion I've come to is this: Cael doesn't give a sh*t about the fans because he doesn't have to. All he has to do is keep on winning and the man can literally do whatever he wants. As irritating as this is, I will always prefer the Dynasty over more transparency. I'm just disappointed that with virtually no additional effort, being a PSU wrestling fan could be a much more immersive experience than what it is now without being a detriment to its success.
From what I have gleaned from stories and interviews of people that have spent some time with the guy, he is supremely competitive to the point of being a bit of an odd bird about things. The most exceptional of the most exceptional tend to be be this way but it'd be cool if Cael was just as competitive about being fan friendly as he is in accumulating those championship trophies because with respect to the former the dude is in last place. Commence with the meltdown, forum. Also, while I'm being picky and asking for sh*t that isn't about to change, when we are finally graced with this season's roster, please include the height with the weight and a more thorough back story. There doesn't appear to be consistent mentions of results at elite high school tourneys. Every good story needs a little character development, ya know? I believe I can't think of any more things to complain about.
After fixing/cleaning the garbage disposer yesterday afternoon and birthing a calf with a rope last evening …. your missive proved to be a highlight of the day . . . until my Kelly green EAGs put it on the fins.

That Aaron Brooks kid looks pretty good for a RS-FR. I'm going to keep my eye on him.

If that track wrestling link is accurate relating to weight certification, it does answer a few questions. Clearly, everyone is listed as a weight above as they descend to their starting weights.

1. As far as freshmen and the potential for delayed enrollment, I’m assuming Nasdeo did not enroll but Davis, Barr, and Kasak did.

2. Facundo is not redshirting and is the 165.

3. Starocci is wrestling this year

Ya I’m desperate for any news.

Missing from 'my expected roster' are:
Freshman - Degl - 157
Senior - Feite - 157
Senior extra year - Kraesig -174
Senior - Smith - 197

As it is, I think that is a large 37 member team. Total respect for the sacrifice these room guys make working with the best in the country with little chance for anything but a few opens here and there. Maybe the seniors graduated. Kudos to all and thank you for your service!

I agree with the OP that wrestling could do a much better job of self promotion. Including PSU.

I'm impressed that AB is certified at 285! How's that kid wrestling 86KG right now? Lol he did look bigger than Bagaev.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with this information. How does the burden of Global Salvation fall upon one (justifiably) disgruntled wrestling fan? I can't even get Cael to update the f*cking roster. What exactly should I be doing personally to avoid Global Crises?
Simple. Adjust your expectations and sit back and enjoy the ride. There will likely never be another wrestling program like the one we have the privilege of enjoying.

Adopt an attitude of gratitude and your entire perspective will change.

You’re welcome 👍

Simple. Adjust your expectations and sit back and enjoy the ride. There will likely never be another wrestling program like the one we have the privilege of enjoying.

Adopt an attitude of gratitude and your entire perspective will change.

You’re welcome 👍
You are so right. 10 years from now Cael will most likely be retired and DT, JB, AB, Nolf and Dake will all be coaching top programs. Parity is more likely than dynasty. This is a golden age for PSU in particular. I am enjoying every minute with the perspective as if it won't continue forever.

I can sum it up like this. Cael has won 10 of the last 12 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS for PENN STATE! No coach in the NCAA at all levels has dominated his sport like Cael without a sniff of controversy. He can update the Roster whenever he wants!! Sit back and enjoy baby as he wins us another NC this year!

I can sum it up like this. Cael has won 10 of the last 12 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS for PENN STATE! No coach in the NCAA at all levels has dominated his sport like Cael without a sniff of controversy. He can update the Roster whenever he wants!! Sit back and enjoy baby as he wins us another NC this year!
How enlightening. Someone is still either being lazy or neurotic for not updating the roster.

You are so right. 10 years from now Cael will most likely be retired and DT, JB, AB, Nolf and Dake will all be coaching top programs. Parity is more likely than dynasty. This is a golden age for PSU in particular. I am enjoying every minute with the perspective as if it won't continue forever.
I am grateful none of these guys will be coaching at Iowa. With the crap they spew about PSU, Spencer will be their guy.

Yeah... lazy and/or neurotic are common terms used to describe Cael or other members of the PSU wrestling staff. I think you are on to something. How enlightening!!!
What you say is actually true. However it occurs on another wrestling forum that is frequently mentioned here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT