ADVERTISEMENT

New Allar - Ewers - Franklin Rumors-Info

wolve1972

Sep 3, 2018
To start with, I've picked the following info off of several boards in the last 24 to 48 hours. Take a stroll through several Buckeye and Texas (and A&M) if you don't believe me, take a look for yourselves.

Like I've mentioned on several occasion, IMO, Mullet (Ewers) will never see the field at OSU. He's a prima donna that expected to come in and set the world on fire - it isn't happening. He screwed OSU's QB plans up when he reclassified and Day wasn't happy about it. Day recently said he has a lot to learn and a long way to go . He's behind the 3 other QBs and won't see the field - at least - until Stroud leaves in another year or two. And both Miller and McCord are both in front of him - especially McCord. Ewers didn't make the trip - with the rest of the team - to Indiana last Saturday

The rumors are running wild - especially on the Texas and Buckeye boards - that it's a 100% given that Ewers will be transferring out (portal) and Texas A&M is his likely destination. FWIW, supposedly Jimbo is still in the kid's ear and wants him badly. I's all but a done deal at the end of the year. Plus, Ewers is homesick with complicates matters.

With Jack Miller probably transferring back to a West coast team - more likely Arizona or ASU - at the end of the year, that will only leave Stroud (1 more year) and McCord on the roster. OSU is really going hard now after both Allar and D. Brown (USC commit) and are using the coaching uncertainties of both schools to their advantage. Their really hammering Allar - who grew up a Buckeye fan - about the possibility of Franklin leaving. Supposedly he'll be at the OSU-PSU game Saturday night as guest of the Buckeyes.....not sure about this one - maybe someone can confirm this rumor. And Allar is starting to listen. The best thing that Franklin can do RIGHT NOW is deny all of the leaving rumors to keep your class intact.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
As it pertains to PSU, don't think any of this matters. OSU has recruited Allar, but they're also heavily recruiting the USC QB commit and they're in great shape for 5* QBs in the 2023 and 2024 classes. They'd love to get Allar, but they have other options. And Allar knows this and loves PSU.

Allar isn't going anywhere. Some of these OSU people arrogantly assume that every Ohio kid dreams of playing for OSU. Probably not a good assumption.

As for Ewers.....once it became clear that Stroud was a stud, then Ewers had to know he wasn't getting the job until the 2023 season. In this day and age, kids are looking for instant gratification, so I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred.

For a guy who is not a Penn State fan, you seem keenly interested in the status of recruits going to other schools.

What ever happens, happens.
I post on all of the B1G Rival boards - not just PSU. If it means anything, I'm actually banned on OSU's Eleven Warriors - they're highly sensitive over there.

Reactions: manofsteel200
To start with, I've picked the following info off of several boards in the last 24 to 48 hours. Take a stroll through several Buckeye and Texas (and A&M) if you don't believe me, take a look for yourselves.

Like I've mentioned on several occasion, IMO, Mullet (Ewers) will never see the field at OSU. He's a prima donna that expected to come in and set the world on fire - it isn't happening. He screwed OSU's QB plans up when he reclassified and Day wasn't happy about it. Day recently said he has a lot to learn and a long way to go . He's behind the 3 other QBs and won't see the field - at least - until Stroud leaves in another year or two. And both Miller and McCord are both in front of him - especially McCord. Ewers didn't make the trip - with the rest of the team - to Indiana last Saturday

The rumors are running wild - especially on the Texas and Buckeye boards - that it's a 100% given that Ewers will be transferring out (portal) and Texas A&M is his likely destination. FWIW, supposedly Jimbo is still in the kid's ear and wants him badly. I's all but a done deal at the end of the year. Plus, Ewers is homesick with complicates matters.

With Jack Miller probably transferring back to a West coast team - more likely Arizona or ASU - at the end of the year, that will only leave Stroud (1 more year) and McCord on the roster. OSU is really going hard now after both Allar and D. Brown (USC commit) and are using the coaching uncertainties of both schools to their advantage. Their really hammering Allar - who grew up a Buckeye fan - about the possibility of Franklin leaving. Supposedly he'll be at the OSU-PSU game Saturday night as guest of the Buckeyes.....not sure about this one - maybe someone can confirm this rumor. And Allar is starting to listen. The best thing that Franklin can do RIGHT NOW is deny all of the leaving rumors to keep your class intact.
If Allar is visiting OSU as a guest - he loses his offer from PSU. Thats a rule this team has and I don't see it happening. Allar is close to Yurcich so he's the linchpin in this whole mess.

My sources tell me that Allar is 100% committed to PSU and Franklin. Time is on Allar's side. Franklin will have to commit before Allar signs his LOI. If CJF bolts, Allar can pick and choose the school he wants to attend. My understanding is that he and his family were POed that tOSU valued a kid from TX more than a kid in their backyard. Things change, of course, but if CJF stays he stays. And, BTW, I am also told that CJF told them that he is likely to stay. My guess is that his agent is going to get more money out of PSU along with a commitment to support upgrading other program initiatives.

This is from a friend who is a tOSU fan but is connected to the Medina High School community.

Fake news. Allar himself confirmed it.

As it pertains to PSU, don't think any of this matters. OSU has recruited Allar, but they're also heavily recruiting the USC QB commit and they're in great shape for 5* QBs in the 2023 and 2024 classes. They'd love to get Allar, but they have other options. And Allar knows this and loves PSU.

Allar isn't going anywhere. Some of these OSU people arrogantly assume that every Ohio kid dreams of playing for OSU. Probably not a good assumption.

As for Ewers.....once it became clear that Stroud was a stud, then Ewers had to know he wasn't getting the job until the 2023 season. In this day and age, kids are looking for instant gratification, so I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred.
Agree about OSU in on future 5-star recruits but the point was that, yes, Allar's still PSU's to lose, but the longer the Franklin rumors go on, the more doubt enters into the kid's head. And it's just not Franklin/PSU, this will happen at any school with that kind of void. BTW, OSU seems to have a very good shot at USC 2022 D. Brown but will jump on Allar in a heartbeat

Last edited:
If Franklin stays (which I believe he will), then Allar will be in classes at PSU starting in January.

Reactions: bison13
Do you get paid to post? It's a nice gig if you can get it.
I get a cut on how many responses I can generate with one of my posts :) Like I mentioned, not made up info, this is circulating throughout several boards.

Agree about OSU in on future 5-star recruits but the point was that, yes, Allar's still PSU's to lose, but the longer the Franklin rumors go on, the more doubt enters into the kid's head. And it's just not Franklin/PSU, this will happen at any school with that kind of void. BTW, OSU seems to have a very good shot at 2022 D. Brown but will jump on Allar in a heartbeat
Can you name me a college HC that doesn't have rumors about him potentially leaving? Why would anyone think Day or Harbaugh will be there for the next several years? Hell, Dabo and Saban are not guaranteed. Saban will be 70 soon.

Reactions: m48tank
I get a cut on how many responses I can generate with one of my posts :) Like I mentioned, not made up info, this is circulating throughout several boards.
Right, but the "info" circulating on fanboy boards is hardly what any of us would characterize as reliable. You needn't make up what is already suspect.

Buckeye fan here who has lurked around here for years but rarely posts. Like many of you here, I've usually found Wolvie's posts to quite humorous most of the time but this one is pure bullsh*t. Ewers is in no way a "prima donna" and in every interview he's given, including just this week he seems to be very grounded and knows exactly what his role is. He never came in this year expecting to play and by his own admission in an interview just this week even said he isn't ready. Allar is firm in his commitment to PSU and there is no way he's going to flip to OSU. The reason Ewers re-classified and came in this year was strictly because he had an NIL deal offered to him and high school kids in Texas aren't allowed to do that. He now also has several deals that are with Columbus and Ohio based businesses that he would lose if he left. Coming in a year early didn't really change much for him. He was going to be an early enrollee this winter as it is and he said he is glad he gets the extra time in the system and in the S&C program. Allar is going to be a great talent for you guys, and by all indications has no interest in OSU. The odd man out in all of this is going to be Jack Miller who is the one expected to transfer after this season. He's a talented kid who just got recruited over unfortunately. In checking other Buckeye boards, I've only seen one mention of this crap, and it was quickly refuted. So far both McCord and Ewers have said they are looking forward to next season's competition, most likely for the #2 spot. Will the loser leave? Maybe, nobody knows, but right now Wolvie is the only one spreading this rumour.
Aside from that. looking forward to a great game tomorrow night. Up or down, the Lions always give the Bucks a great game. Hope we see another with no further injuries for anyone!

Can you name me a college HC that doesn't have rumors about him potentially leaving? Why would anyone think Day or Harbaugh will be there for the next several years? Hell, Dabo and Saban are not guaranteed. Saban will be 70 soon.
The problem is that Franklin seems to have these rumors circulating just about every year which I really don't understand considering that PSU is a true blueblood school and should not be a stepping stone to other schools. Like I said, just relaying info that is running wild on other boards.

Who will be his HC and position coach is the question

The question is when Fraklin is out at SouthernCal playing Beverly Hills Cafeteria Kop, and Mike Yurcich had hung 147 points on ya like the war of 1845 - the one where the Carliah Indians had thrown Brutus into the bounds of the outs too. Actually it turns out isnt even a question.

OSU is really going hard now after both Allar and D. Brown (USC commit) and are using the coaching uncertainties of both schools to their advantage. Their really hammering Allar - who grew up a Buckeye fan - about the possibility of Franklin leaving. Supposedly he'll be at the OSU-PSU game Saturday night as guest of the Buckeyes.....not sure about this one - maybe someone can confirm this rumor. And Allar is starting to listen. The best thing that Franklin can do RIGHT NOW is deny all of the leaving rumors to keep your class intact.

incorrect ... this was never planned or scheduled.

As for the rest, tOSU has tried to get back in the game for Allar, but that's been one sided, with little to no reciprocation from Allar.

The prospects PSU has verbals from/is recruiting, are more aware of CJF's plans than are those that speculate about them in print or on message boards.

Buckeye fan here who has lurked around here for years but rarely posts. Like many of you here, I've usually found Wolvie's posts to quite humorous most of the time but this one is pure bullsh*t. Ewers is in no way a "prima donna" and in every interview he's given, including just this week he seems to be very grounded and knows exactly what his role is. He never came in this year expecting to play and by his own admission in an interview just this week even said he isn't ready. Allar is firm in his commitment to PSU and there is no way he's going to flip to OSU. The reason Ewers re-classified and came in this year was strictly because he had an NIL deal offered to him and high school kids in Texas aren't allowed to do that. He now also has several deals that are with Columbus and Ohio based businesses that he would lose if he left. Coming in a year early didn't really change much for him. He was going to be an early enrollee this winter as it is and he said he is glad he gets the extra time in the system and in the S&C program. Allar is going to be a great talent for you guys, and by all indications has no interest in OSU. The odd man out in all of this is going to be Jack Miller who is the one expected to transfer after this season. He's a talented kid who just got recruited over unfortunately. In checking other Buckeye boards, I've only seen one mention of this crap, and it was quickly refuted. So far both McCord and Ewers have said they are looking forward to next season's competition, most likely for the #2 spot. Will the loser leave? Maybe, nobody knows, but right now Wolvie is the only one spreading this rumour.
Aside from that. looking forward to a great game tomorrow night. Up or down, the Lions always give the Bucks a great game. Hope we see another with no further injuries for anyone!
Take a trip through Eleven Warriors. O-Zone and the Texas Rival boards, Not made up BS. And there are a few others I haven't even looked at

My sources tell me that Allar is 100% committed to PSU and Franklin. Time is on Allar's side. Franklin will have to commit before Allar signs his LOI. If CJF bolts, Allar can pick and choose the school he wants to attend. My understanding is that he and his family were POed that tOSU valued a kid from TX more than a kid in their backyard. Things change, of course, but if CJF stays he stays. And, BTW, I am also told that CJF told them that he is likely to stay. My guess is that his agent is going to get more money out of PSU along with a commitment to support upgrading other program initiatives.

This is from a friend who is a tOSU fan but is connected to the Medina High School community.
Kind of dumb for Franklin to say "he is likely to stay", to his top recruit. Either he is seriously considering a move, or he isn't real bright IMO. He really needs Allar if he does stay, and considering the last two games, I'm not sure he is the top candidate on anyone's list.

Reactions: BBrown
The problem is that Franklin seems to have these rumors circulating just about every year which I really don't understand considering that PSU is a true blueblood school and should not be a stepping stone to other schools. Like I said, just relaying info that is running wild on other boards.
IDK, maybe don't do that? Just a thought.

Reactions: ouirpsu
IDK, maybe don't do that? Just a thought.
This one has some legs though - seems to be more possibility than wild rumor. Even the most die hard Buckeye fan would have to admit the Ryan Day was not happy at all with Ewers reclassifying to 2022 and isn't it strange that he was left home last weekend when they went to Indiana ? I posted this because this is a PSU board and Allar - who OSU is now after hard - is a PSU commit. and there are threads already started on this board about Allar / Franklin and being recently pursued by OSU. Just adding info

Can someone please change the title of this thread? Rather than 'info' it should say "innuendo, rumors and other silly shit."
But isn't that what we do here? Seriously - innuendo, rumors and attempts at reading tea leaves is half the fun of this board (and probably will continue to be for what, two more days??). Sometimes the rumors even turn out to be true. If people are only posting established facts that are already printed by actual sports journalists....where's the fun in that?

Take a trip through Eleven Warriors. O-Zone and the Texas Rival boards, Not made up BS. And there are a few others I haven't even looked at
Does this mean they're not BS rumors but true rumors? Do you even know what the definition of a rumor is? But hey, you read it on a message board so it must be fact. 🥱

11 Warriors ( excellent source of actual news) and O Zone forums and message boards are a cesspool. Just like Bucknuts. The comments and interviews by Ewers himself refute the garbage you are spewing. All you are doing is trying to stir up crap.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
This one has some legs though - seems to be more possibility than wild rumor.
So message board forum posts by anonymous users are a better source of info that Rivals own recruiting analyst who specifically say it's a rumor and not true. Got it.

Reactions: BBrown
This one has some legs though - seems to be more possibility than wild rumor. Even the most die hard Buckeye fan would have to admit the Ryan Day was not happy at all with Ewers reclassifying to 2022 and isn't it strange that he was left home last weekend when they went to Indiana ? I posted this because this is a PSU board and Allar - who OSU is now after hard - is a PSU commit. and there are threads already started on this board about Allar / Franklin and being recently pursued by OSU. Just adding info
He was left home last week because the Buckeyes rotate the 4th string QBs on the travel roster. Ewers traveled to the Rutgers game. Walk on QB J.P. Andrade traveled to Indiana. I know, facts suck amiright?

Look, Franklin is playing the game with the media and PSU. I bet his coaches, players and the current recruits all already know whether he is looking to leave or not. He has played these games several times now to get more out of the University for the program or his coaching staff. I know it is hard to fathom that number of people keeping it quiet in this day of 24/7 media.

Kind of dumb for Franklin to say "he is likely to stay", to his top recruit. Either he is seriously considering a move, or he isn't real bright IMO. He really needs Allar if he does stay, and considering the last two games, I'm not sure he is the top candidate on anyone's list.
Allar's parents aren't naive. CJF can get hit by a bus so there are never any guarantees in life. But I am told Allar is comfortable and making plans to be in Happy Valley in January. The parents know that anything can happen.

11 Warriors ( excellent source of actual news) and O Zone forums and message boards are a cesspool. Just like Bucknuts. The comments and interviews by Ewers himself refute the garbage you are spewing. All you are doing is trying to stir up crap.

He’s not a wild rumor type of poster; this sounds like half wishful thinking and half putting some speculative pieces together. Ewers sounds like a diva, and no secret
OSU wanted him in the ‘22 class for a reason. Combine that with Franklin uncertainty (of course schools are going to use that) and Allar’s sudden rise in the rankings and none of this speculation should be surprising. Always better to watch what people do. If Allar is at the game, worth keeping an eye on.

Look, Franklin is playing the game with the media and PSU. I bet his coaches, players and the current recruits all already know whether he is looking to leave or not. He has played these games several times now to get more out of the University for the program or his coaching staff. I know it is hard to fathom that number of people keeping it quiet in this day of 24/7 media.
I agree, Franklins vague and confusing press conference on the practice field earlier this week showed that there are conversations and discussions going on. Is Franklin asking for more money and infrastructure improvements? What more does Penn State need to give him? There is only so much that Franklin should be asking for when considering his rather mediocre results over the past season and a half.

So what do you have to say that your biggest rumor in the post about Allar visiting OSU Saturday has been proven wrong.

I find it oddly hilarious that someone is using message boards as a true reference to something being true.

Reactions: m48tank
ADVERTISEMENT