ADVERTISEMENT

New Allar - Ewers - Franklin Rumors-Info

To start with, I've picked the following info off of several boards in the last 24 to 48 hours. Take a stroll through several Buckeye and Texas (and A&M) if you don't believe me, take a look for yourselves.

Like I've mentioned on several occasion, IMO, Mullet (Ewers) will never see the field at OSU. He's a prima donna that expected to come in and set the world on fire - it isn't happening. He screwed OSU's QB plans up when he reclassified and Day wasn't happy about it. Day recently said he has a lot to learn and a long way to go . He's behind the 3 other QBs and won't see the field - at least - until Stroud leaves in another year or two. And both Miller and McCord are both in front of him - especially McCord. Ewers didn't make the trip - with the rest of the team - to Indiana last Saturday

The rumors are running wild - especially on the Texas and Buckeye boards - that it's a 100% given that Ewers will be transferring out (portal) and Texas A&M is his likely destination. FWIW, supposedly Jimbo is still in the kid's ear and wants him badly. I's all but a done deal at the end of the year. Plus, Ewers is homesick with complicates matters.

With Jack Miller probably transferring back to a West coast team - more likely Arizona or ASU - at the end of the year, that will only leave Stroud (1 more year) and McCord on the roster. OSU is really going hard now after both Allar and D. Brown (USC commit) and are using the coaching uncertainties of both schools to their advantage. Their really hammering Allar - who grew up a Buckeye fan - about the possibility of Franklin leaving. Supposedly he'll be at the OSU-PSU game Saturday night as guest of the Buckeyes.....not sure about this one - maybe someone can confirm this rumor. And Allar is starting to listen. The best thing that Franklin can do RIGHT NOW is deny all of the leaving rumors to keep your class intact.
Personally, given what I have seen of both teams history with QBs and playing time, I see the OSU situation as a situation where a QB has quality competition, but in playing can benefit from a continuous stable of highly-related WRs and for the most part far superiority in most other areas of the offense, defense, and special teams (which both affect the challenges and opportunities for the offense) compared to the competition. This can create a significant uncertainty and transition to the pro game-look at the success of OSU QBs.

In comparison, PSU general has less and less (and some think an extreme lack of) competition, which leads to some QBs getting 2 and even 3 years, when they went through some underperforming periods or there was a very qualified backup sat. I think where the real development opportunity comes at PSU is to do as much or more with less against the top of the B1G.

Not that (all or any of) these young high school prospects look at things this way. but I think the more certain path with a bigger upswing for Allar is at PSU.

I find the Ewers situation, if described as you do, very funny. Fortunately for OSU they have 3 other quality options that have been on campus LESS than 2 years-a luxury PSU should try to emulate. From what I can tell there are still the same number of seconds in a minute, minutes in an hour, hours in a day, and days in a year in State College as there are in Columbus.

100% correct. Transfers are just part of the recruiting game now
You and your fellow Buckets are really worried about Ewers, McCord and Miller all transferring, leaving your QB depth chart in 2022 as lean as PSU's in 2021. That would be hilarious if it happens and Stroud gets injured.

Because someone debunked it like I asked for them to do ?

The problem with most sites that if you post something that some don't like - especially the ones with blinders on - some go batchit crazy. OMG, it doesn't line up with my thinking so it's just BS. It's the same on all boards. Sorry, I posted this because it's been a big topic on this board over the last couple of weeks
Im not saying everything you said was wrong because I can't prove anything you said was wrong except the one thing. Basically your post was throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and to see what rise you can get out of people. I think that is the definition of a troll.

God, how I love irony and hypocrisy…

Allar makes a definitive statement about not attending the game as an Ohio State guest (which was made public yesterday), yet there are two more pages of posts containing innuendo and suppositions. YET, many of these same people believe that if CJF simply came out and said he’s not interested in leaving PSU it would put all of the rumors to rest. Yes, ironical and hypocritical.

Reactions: lazydave841
God, how I love irony and hypocrisy…

Allar makes a definitive statement about not attending the game as an Ohio State guest (which was made public yesterday), yet there are two more pages of posts containing innuendo and suppositions. YET, many of these same people believe that if CJF simply came out and said he’s not interested in leaving PSU it would put all of the rumors to rest. Yes, ironical and hypocritical.
You have basically given the working definition of a message board.

Reactions: wolve1972
YET, many of these same people believe that if CJF simply came out and said he’s not interested in leaving PSU it would put all of the rumors to rest. Yes, ironical and hypocritical.
And that's what's triggering all of the speculation not only on this board but many of the other sites. Like I said, I'd like to see him just come out and say he has no interest in leaving PSU and all of this would stop

Im not saying everything you said was wrong because I can't prove anything you said was wrong except the one thing. Basically your post was throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and to see what rise you can get out of people. I think that is the definition of a troll.
Well, there's also a similar thread on the PSU 247 site and many other boards. So everyone that started those threads are trolls because they want to discuss something that you and others aren't comfortable with and they are basically trolls ?

The question is when Fraklin is out at SouthernCal playing Beverly Hills Cafeteria Kop, and Mike Yurcich had hung 147 points on ya like the war of 1845 - the one where the Carliah Indians had thrown Brutus into the bounds of the outs too. Actually it turns out isnt even a question.
I'll have what he's having.

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow99
I get a cut on how many responses I can generate with one of my posts :) Like I mentioned, not made up info, this is circulating throughout several boards.
Great news Wolvie, I’m happy for you. How may I get into this action. Ever since the pandemic started my Iguana circumcising franchises are hemorrhaging money.

Great news Wolvie, I’m happy for you. How may I get into this action. Ever since the pandemic started my Iguana circumcising franchises are hemorrhaging money.
Seriously Thomas, there's not another fan board on the Internet that even comes close to this one. Post something that doesn't line up with a few others' thoughts and expect an H-bomb to go off. It gets hilarious at times. This board is the major leagues - the rest are minor leagues at best

Well, there's also a similar thread on the PSU 247 site and many other boards. So everyone that started those threads are trolls because they want to discuss something that you and others aren't comfortable with and they are basically trolls ?
were the threads started by insiders or some guy calling himself LionShrine58?

Hopefully this Wolve jagoff doesn’t go the the new board - his bullshit trolling is really getting old - info from morons on other message boards - give me an F’ing break. I actually have more respect for sPitt trolls - at least they hit you head on.

It "sounds" like a great problem, but the fear ( hopefully baseless) around Buckeye Nation is that the whole thing will blow up. If Ewers and McCord were to both transfer looking for a starting job, it would leave the QB room extremely thin next year with just Stroud and Miller and no QB currently committed for the 2022 class. It would be like the year we had Haskins and everyone held their breath every time he took off running (rarely) or took a big hit. All there was behind him were two lifetime backup transfers.
Concerning the bolded portion above, sounds like 2021 Penn State, inserting the name Clifford for Haskins...except for the fact that Clifford DID get hurt, despite running less frequently than previous seasons.

I just read the OSU boards occasionally so I have no idea who some of their insiders and writers are but the story was broke by an OSU writer-insider labeled "AG" - two days ago - and he said it (Ewers transfer) had a 70% chance of happening. I believe he writes for either Lettermans Row, Buckeye Scoop or Eleven Warriors. Day even said recently that Ewers is no where near ready to play - something a kid doesn't want to hear if he had ideas of becoming a star in a short period of time
Buckeye Scoop is trash. It's co-owned by an established OSU beat writer Marc Givler ( who is legit) Former player Kurt Barton and Ken Stickney who is known far and wide across the college football world as the Notorious, and always wrong NevadaBuck. Barton and Stickney are currently under criminal investigation and being sued by Givler for stealing money from the site's accounts for personal use and releasing the private information of members they didn't like. As someone who frequents almost all Buckeye sites on a regular basis, I can't think of ANY "insider" with the initials "AG" It certainly isn't anybody from Letterman Row. That site and YouTube channel are run by former player Justin Boren and they never talk scuttlebutt. "AG" is probably someone talking out of their ass. The site I frequent the most ( and one a lot of people aren't aware of ) is Buckeye Planet. Most of the 11 Warriors staff writers are members and regular posters, along with people from many other sites, people from within the program, and even many former players who are still very close to the program. Not a single one of them has said a word about any of this. It's bullshit.

Reactions: dailybuck777
Concerning the bolded portion above, sounds like 2021 Penn State, inserting the name Clifford for Haskins...except for the fact that Clifford DID get hurt, despite running less frequently than previous seasons.
Yeah, I know that losing Levis to the portal was a big hit for you guys, but it still surprised me that a program like PSU hadn't been able to develop a serviceable backup. With the QB talent you have coming in, hopefully you only have to deal with that issue this year. I know it's unlikely, but I hope Clifford IS close to 100% tomorrow. With few exceptions, the PSU/OSU series have been some of the most exciting games of the year.

Reactions: Shadow99
Buckeye Scoop is trash. It's co-owned by an established OSU beat writer Marc Givler ( who is legit) Former player Kurt Barton and Ken Stickney who is known far and wide across the college football world as the Notorious, and always wrong NevadaBuck. Barton and Stickney are currently under criminal investigation and being sued by Givler for stealing money from the site's accounts for personal use and releasing the private information of members they didn't like. As someone who frequents almost all Buckeye sites on a regular basis, I can't think of ANY "insider" with the initials "AG" It certainly isn't anybody from Letterman Row. That site and YouTube channel are run by former player Justin Boren and they never talk scuttlebutt. "AG" is probably someone talking out of their ass. The site I frequent the most ( and one a lot of people aren't aware of ) is Buckeye Planet. Most of the 11 Warriors staff writers are members and regular posters, along with people from many other sites, people from within the program, and even many former players who are still very close to the program. Not a single one of them has said a word about any of this. It's bullshit.
Alex Gleitman of Bucknuts or Buckeye Scoop ?

Last edited:
That would explain it. Him and Stcikney are two peas in a pod.
Just saying. It's not BS I made up and there are threads on the Texas boards that are stating through people that know Ewers (and friends) that he is transferring. It's out there - like it or not. The kid is really having a hard time adjusting. And of course Allar and the kid from California were brought up a few times on the OSU sites. I'll repeat, the $1.4 million is probably not sitting well with other OSU veteran players and it sounds like he is having problems making friends - you would know this if you visit the OSU sites

Last edited:
Just saying. It's not BS I made up and there are threads on the Texas boards that are stating through people that know Ewers (and friends) that he is transferring. It's out there - like it or not. The kid is really having a hard time adjusting
What are you his Mom? You should beat it while you are behind - multiple other OSU fans have thrown the BS flag on your garbage - go troll the Michigan board why don’t you.

Just saying. It's not BS I made up and there are threads on the Texas boards that are stating through people that know Ewers (and friends) that he is transferring. It's out there - like it or not. The kid is really having a hard time adjusting. And of course Allar and the kid from California were brought up a few times on the OSU sites. I'll repeat, the $1.4 million is probably not sitting well with other OSU veteran players and it sounds like he is having problems making friends - you would know this if you visit the OSU sites
"Sounds like he's having problems making friends:. That's the complete opposite of what players are saying. Players that have spoken to it say Ewers gets along well with everyone and several have "taken him under their wing" to help him adjust. He himself has said it was a bit of a shock going from a high school program after his junior year to one of the top college programs. As can be expected. Quite a bit of culture shock there. By most accounts he's a pretty popular kid with both players and regular students. Everything I'm saying can be backed up by actual interviews with players, coaches and Ewers himself. Not from anonymous sources on the internet. It has about as much truth to it as saying Franklin is leaving at halftime tomorrow to take over Alabama. Anybody that actually follows the team knows that. If you choose to keep trolling and spreading third hand false bullshit, that's your choice, but it should be pretty obvious by now that nobody here is buying it.

Reactions: Texas Lion
What are you his Mom? You should beat it while you are behind - multiple other OSU fans have thrown the BS flag on your garbage - go troll the Michigan board why don’t you.
Great idea. On my way.

But before I leave, bank on two things: PSU upsets OSU tomorrow and Ewers transfers before next year - sure things. OSU is the most overrated team in the country - period

You and your fellow Buckets are really worried about Ewers, McCord and Miller all transferring, leaving your QB depth chart in 2022 as lean as PSU's in 2021. That would be hilarious if it happens and Stroud gets injured.

If that happens should OSU fans have a hissy fit and crucify Day?

And that's what's triggering all of the speculation not only on this board but many of the other sites. Like I said, I'd like to see him just come out and say he has no interest in leaving PSU and all of this would stop
My point was that it won’t stop. Media will continue to name him as a top candidate and the whole discussion continues to perpetuate itself. Allar definitively stated he is not visiting Ohio State tomorrow and we still have several pages of posts still speculating.

Hmmm, since he sells message board rumors as gospel, maybe we can send wolvie to other boards with some juicy ones. I have it on good authority that Franklin has just about convinced Travis Hunter to flip to Penn State to fill the Jordan Allen hole. Can he sell that? "It's not BS I made up and there are threads on the Penn State board"!

What is misinformation ? I've used OSU insiders-writers on their boards - as my source. Do you really think that Ewers leaving - being 4th string - is misinformation. I posted it here because there have been a few threads already started on this board about the Allar-OSU-Franklin situation - NOT STARTED BY ME. It should be obvious - by my tone in this thread - that I'm neither a Michigan or OSU fan. All I can say is that Franklin needs to put an end to the leaving rumors NOW
You used to at least pretend to be a Michigan fan though...what happened? ;)

To start with, I've picked the following info off of several boards in the last 24 to 48 hours. Take a stroll through several Buckeye and Texas (and A&M) if you don't believe me, take a look for yourselves.

Like I've mentioned on several occasion, IMO, Mullet (Ewers) will never see the field at OSU. He's a prima donna that expected to come in and set the world on fire - it isn't happening. He screwed OSU's QB plans up when he reclassified and Day wasn't happy about it. Day recently said he has a lot to learn and a long way to go . He's behind the 3 other QBs and won't see the field - at least - until Stroud leaves in another year or two. And both Miller and McCord are both in front of him - especially McCord. Ewers didn't make the trip - with the rest of the team - to Indiana last Saturday

The rumors are running wild - especially on the Texas and Buckeye boards - that it's a 100% given that Ewers will be transferring out (portal) and Texas A&M is his likely destination. FWIW, supposedly Jimbo is still in the kid's ear and wants him badly. I's all but a done deal at the end of the year. Plus, Ewers is homesick with complicates matters.

With Jack Miller probably transferring back to a West coast team - more likely Arizona or ASU - at the end of the year, that will only leave Stroud (1 more year) and McCord on the roster. OSU is really going hard now after both Allar and D. Brown (USC commit) and are using the coaching uncertainties of both schools to their advantage. Their really hammering Allar - who grew up a Buckeye fan - about the possibility of Franklin leaving. Supposedly he'll be at the OSU-PSU game Saturday night as guest of the Buckeyes.....not sure about this one - maybe someone can confirm this rumor. And Allar is starting to listen. The best thing that Franklin can do RIGHT NOW is deny all of the leaving rumors to keep your class intact.

Well your and theirs IF TRUE first big problem is Allar is going to PSU because of Yurcich. So IF Franklin leaves and Yurcich stays or is promoted to HC Allar is just fine. Remember Allar has been with Yurcich from the beginning and probably would be going to Texas if Yurcich was still there. Allar has stated over and over Yurcich was the first big time coach to recruit him and has a very tight relationship with him. He has stated Yurcich is the reason he chose PSU. So I would be worried if Yurcich was leaving. He is not. Franklin leaves is fine as long as Yurcich stays. So peddle this stuff on other boards where they don't know the backstory and it will get clicks and hits....

Reactions: TheGLOV
Great idea. On my way.

But before I leave, bank on two things: PSU upsets OSU tomorrow and Ewers transfers before next year - sure things. OSU is the most overrated team in the country - period
Yeah a team averaging nearly 600 yards a game on offense with a QB completing 70% of his passes to 2 of the top 10 receivers in the country while rushing for over 200 yds per game. Yeah they're way overrated. PSU has played OSU tough in the past but losing our run stuffing DT, overall DL depth, problems at center and guard, TE blocking and catching, and questions at QB, anemic running game - won't be this year. I just hope we really play tough and earn respect. The season's not over and there are great games to play. I never expected a top 5 team this year but if Franklin stays and this recruiting class holds together coupled with a strong 23 recruiting class I believe this team will be back on track to where I hoped we would be before Fields decommitted. I've been a lurker and seldom poster from the early days of this board and I don't want to go out by saying something attacking another poster now but I do have a screen name for your antics that might get me censored before this board goes extinct so I'll keep it to myself.

Yeah a team averaging nearly 600 yards a game on offense with a QB completing 70% of his passes to 2 of the top 10 receivers in the country while rushing for over 200 yds per game. Yeah they're way overrated. PSU has played OSU tough in the past but losing our run stuffing DT, overall DL depth, problems at center and guard, TE blocking and catching, and questions at QB, anemic running game - won't be this year. I just hope we really play tough and earn respect. The season's not over and there are great games to play. I never expected a top 5 team this year but if Franklin stays and this recruiting class holds together coupled with a strong 23 recruiting class I believe this team will be back on track to where I hoped we would be before Fields decommitted. I've been a lurker and seldom poster from the early days of this board and I don't want to go out by saying something attacking another poster now but I do have a screen name for your antics that might get me censored before this board goes extinct so I'll keep it to myself.
Have you watched OSU's putrid defense this year ? PSU will easily move the ball on them especially if Clifford is 100% - like he and CJF claim he is.

• Wow
Have you watched OSU's putrid defense this year ? PSU will easily move the ball on them especially if Clifford is 100% - like he and CJF claim he is.
The one that is #1 in the nation for defensive scoring ( not scoring defense...different catgories) has at least one pick in 6 out of 7 games and a pick six in each of the last 5 games? The one that is now #3 for sacks and in the top 10 for QB pressures? Try going to the NCAA stats site and try looking up some facts. ( I know you are allergic to them) The Bucks defense certainly won't strike fear in anyone, but they are lightyears ahead of where they were in the first two games. Changing most of the personnel on the field, the entire scheme and coaching responsibilities will do that. Now GFY.

ADVERTISEMENT