ADVERTISEMENT

I prayed all night to my Heavenly Father and yet....there is still no updated PSU Roster.

Is Duck looking for a bridge under which to fight? Ironic handle, if so…
A bridge under troubled waters?
Explosion Bridge GIF by Storyful

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Previously I asked this forum why does everything PSU wrestling have to be some clandestine operation? Secret knocks, code words, psy-ops...all of it. About half of the responses didn't even answer the question. Got quite a bit of don't question his brilliance. I should consider myself lucky...I don't deserve...and also a bunch of rhetorical questions.
To address some of the arguments in his defense, of course disclosing injuries could have a negative affect on outcomes but realistically this is not very probable. You can be as closed-lipped as possible until your wrestler steps on the mat. The physio tape all over your wrestler's body and the braces on both of Spencer's knees have already done all the talking but fine I can live with that bit of secrecy. Prior knowledge of planned redshirts/ORS could be a problem but would really only be wagering the chance of immediate success against the success of the next couple years ...but go ahead and keep that secret too. Who's going what weight? Might help win a dual meet but by the time the post-season is upon us...the cat is out of the bag. Keeping this secret has no affect on post-season results, so spill the beans Cael. But...but the kids are his number 1 priority. Awesome, they should be. The fans should count too though. None of my gripes even need to pass by that man's desk. He is at the head of the most dominant force in NCAA athletics and with that comes an abundance of resources. I just Googled every team in the top 20 of last year's NCAAs and shocker...every single one of them has the current roster updated. So, I guess the conclusion I've come to is this: Cael doesn't give a sh*t about the fans because he doesn't have to. All he has to do is keep on winning and the man can literally do whatever he wants. As irritating as this is, I will always prefer the Dynasty over more transparency. I'm just disappointed that with virtually no additional effort, being a PSU wrestling fan could be a much more immersive experience than what it is now without being a detriment to its success.
From what I have gleaned from stories and interviews of people that have spent some time with the guy, he is supremely competitive to the point of being a bit of an odd bird about things. The most exceptional of the most exceptional tend to be be this way but it'd be cool if Cael was just as competitive about being fan friendly as he is in accumulating those championship trophies because with respect to the former the dude is in last place. Commence with the meltdown, forum. Also, while I'm being picky and asking for sh*t that isn't about to change, when we are finally graced with this season's roster, please include the height with the weight and a more thorough back story. There doesn't appear to be consistent mentions of results at elite high school tourneys. Every good story needs a little character development, ya know? I believe I can't think of any more things to complain about.
God: "I wanna know the roster just as bad as you. Cael keeps that thing so well hidden, even I can't see it."

You are so right. 10 years from now Cael will most likely be retired and DT, JB, AB, Nolf and Dake will all be coaching top programs. Parity is more likely than dynasty. This is a golden age for PSU in particular. I am enjoying every minute with the perspective as if it won't continue forever.
Well said, same for bwfight.
I go further, not needing or caring about any 10 AA, NCAA team point record win. Roster-wise, will enjoy whatever way the cards fall and be humbly thankful for another team title (even by 1 point) and a first-time individual champ or two. One hard wish for the season, driven by black heart hatred, is for AB to destroy the talking anus from Iowa who came inches of crumpled metal away from killing a woman and destroying a family for all time. And, yes, I believe he did assault a different woman now too harassed and frightened to continue the charge. Only spineless men overpower women. AJ Anus is all of that.

Well said, same for bwfight.
I go further, not needing or caring about any 10 AA, NCAA team point record win. Roster-wise, will enjoy whatever way the cards fall and be humbly thankful for another team title (even by 1 point) and a first-time individual champ or two. One hard wish for the season, driven by black heart hatred, is for AB to destroy the talking anus from Iowa who came inches of crumpled metal away from killing a woman and destroying a family for all time. And, yes, I believe he did assault a different woman now too harassed and frightened to continue the charge. Only spineless men overpower women. AJ Anus is all of that.
I wonder if the 10 AAs will be tarnished based on today's athlete availability

Whadduya mean?
Presumably, he means the Transfer Portal and being able to build Allstar Teams for the first time ever in the NCAA. I would think there will be an asterisk in the record books and most likely some tweaking of the system after a few years of pillaging breakout stars from other and lesser D1 teams.

Reactions: a_mshaffer
Cael is like that parent who absolutely will not let you open a present Christmas Eve. You have to wait til Christmas morning. Something tells me it's going to be a great Christmas this year
Dude, he doesn't even keep them under the tree. They're sequestered in a heavily fortified addition to his panic room. This man plays so close to the vest I fear his children don't even know he loves them. I just keep picturing a family dinner where no one makes eye contact and the only sound is coming from the flatware. Just taking stoic to an absurd place. Good grief. Just post the f*cking roster already. My ire was reignited yesterday when I opened up Google News to see my feed had like 5 headlines pertaining to D1 news...none of which had anything to do with the Blue N White. He's killing me with this nonsense.

Dude, he doesn't even keep them under the tree. They're sequestered in a heavily fortified addition to his panic room. This man plays so close to the vest I fear his children don't even know he loves them. I just keep picturing a family dinner where no one makes eye contact and the only sound is coming from the flatware. Just taking stoic to an absurd place. Good grief. Just post the f*cking roster already. My ire was reignited yesterday when I opened up Google News to see my feed had like 5 headlines pertaining to D1 news...none of which had anything to do with the Blue N White. He's killing me with this nonsense.
zoey-101-dean-rivers.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It’s not like the roster is likely to tell us something we don’t already know. We usually get a little bit of real intel at the first press availability of the year. Good things come to those who wait.

It’s not like the roster is likely to tell us something we don’t already know. We usually get a little bit of real intel at the first press availability of the year. Good things come to those who wait.
It's more about the principle of it. No one else operates this way. It's his eccentricity that I have to put up with because he always delivers but it's still annoying and I reserve the right to call him out about it. Like I alluded to in my initial post, I've heard stories relayed on podcasts of guys that trained with him, didn't see him for a few years and then wanted to talk training and according to them he literally played dumb. Pretended to have no idea what they were talking about like discussing it would have some negative effect on who knows what later down the road. It's crazy behavior but all of the greatest have been eccentric.

It's more about the principle of it. No one else operates this way. It's his eccentricity that I have to put up with because he always delivers but it's still annoying and I reserve the right to call him out about it. Like I alluded to in my initial post, I've heard stories relayed on podcasts of guys that trained with him, didn't see him for a few years and then wanted to talk training and according to them he literally played dumb. Pretended to have no idea what they were talking about like discussing it would have some negative effect on who knows what later down the road. It's crazy behavior but all of the greatest have been eccentric.
Hey man...we all have our crosses to bear.

Some people deal with personal tragedy or the pain of losing a loved one too early. Some people deal with their favorite wrestling team not posting the roster by the first day of practice.

The important thing is keeping perspective about what's really important.

Yeah, Cael is the eccentric one here. That's it.

"That I have to put up with" - classic

Some people deal with personal tragedy or the pain of losing a loved one too early. Some people deal with their favorite wrestling team not posting the roster by the first day of practice.

Yeah, I know people are starving in places and stuff but I'm not the only one that feels this way here. Although not the majority there have been a significant number of people that also express their frustrations. I know we are supposed to be grateful but there are also organizations that are grateful for the support of their fans, ya know?

You all missed the announcement.
In accordance with Coach Cael Sanderson's specific instructions, this morning PSU released the 'official 2024 wrestling roster'. Here is an excerpt:

125 - wrestler #1
133 - wrestler #2
141 - wrestler #3
Hwt - wrestler #10
Well don't I just feel like an idiot. Spoke too soon, I guess. Ya see, being a squeaky wheel does help sometimes.

True but at least Coach Smith has released his roster.
That's the point. If we are really going to go there. Then none of us should be on here, not even the grateful ones. We should all be out there picking up litter and helping old ladies cross the street...yet here we are. Obviously these are first world problems so trying to negate my argument by saying there are bigger problems out there is a non-factor. For that matter why is there even NCAA sports? All these extremely fit people could be out there accomplishing lots of acts of service to make the world a better place and here they are spending their time trying to better THEMSELVES?!! Abhorrent behavior.

Last edited:
That's the point. If we are really going to go there. Then none of us should be on here, not even the grateful ones. We should all be out there picking up litter and helping old ladies cross the street...yet here we are. Obviously these are first world problems so trying to negate my argument by saying there are bigger problems out there is a non-factor. For that matter why is there even NCAA sports? All these extremely fit people could be out there accomplishing lots of acts of service to make the world a better place and here there are spending their time trying to better THEMSELVES?!! Abhorrent behavior.
I wasnt trying to make a point, I was trying to make a joke.

Reactions: bwfight
Yeah, I know people are starving in places and stuff but I'm not the only one that feels this way here. Although not the majority there have been a significant number of people that also express their frustrations. I know we are supposed to be grateful but there are also organizations that are grateful for the support of their fans, ya know?
Actually ...

Amen to that. I'd only advise Duck to chill, or at least enjoy the anticipation. And isn't it possible the set-in-stone roster isn't final yet?

You just can't let go. For your mental health I suggest you find a new team to take your fandom to as apparently you are not happy with this one. May I suggest Point Park College. Good luck in your transition.
I am only a few more neglected days away from my villain origin story.

I am only a few more neglected days away from my villain origin story.
Well, that means we need to brainstorm your villain name.

The Complainer? The Demander? The Ungrateful One?

Those are too on the nose. We'll keep workshopping it...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT