ADVERTISEMENT

125 question

No, because I sucked so badly in ENG15 my first semester at PSU that my professor handed out my first paper the next year to the class as an example of how not to write a paper. She didn't even do me the courtesy of removing my name from it.

thats cold...ice cold.

I got a A in english 15 but you would never know it from my posts..........

thats cold...ice cold.

I got a A in english 15 but you would never know it from my posts..........

A part of me was embarrassed, sure. But a part of me was also a little proud that I could be so good at being so terrible at something that my poor writing skills were a shining example of such a thing.

Now, in the years since I took that class (19 years) I have become a lot better at writing. I was even the sports editor for my high school newspaper so you'd think I would have been far better at writing heading into college. I was never much of a student, though. I hardly studied and procrastinated terribly throughout my four years but I graduated on time and with very average grades.

I am. Only an irresponsible person would use their voice at Flo to peddle message board garbage. If Flo wants to be taken seriously they should stick to reporting news and information they can corroborate, otherwise literally any one of us can do their job.
Flo isn't doing much more than what is happening on this board... Speculation, hearsay, opinion, and rumor conversation

ENG15 is your basic freshman English course at PSU. It's supposed to be a layup...for most people. Some of us can't make a layup, though!
Thanks, that much I know. I was hoping for someone older that remembers the English classes in the 1973 +/- timeframe.

I agree, but please don't take it personally...

Btw, what's English 15? I believe I had English 10...

Who me?

F** little PSU wrestling data point. Took the class with Jeremy Hunter, who is a humble and super guy to this day.

Reactions: diggerpup
Thanks, that much I know. I was hoping for someone older that remembers the English classes in the 1973 +/- timeframe.
I'm in that time frame, but I'm afraid I'm so old that I can't remember what the basic English class was called. I thought it was in a 100 series--maybe that was just for math and science.

Most students tools ENGL 10 in 1982. I took ENGL 20 (or was it 30?) in its place. Great class - I think about it often. I believe the professor’s name was Gus Kolich. Got to read Coriolanus, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Dr. Faustus, The Plebeians Rehearse the Uprising, and another title I can’t recall.

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_91c0164a-216e-531b-b917-a7519ee3b6de.html

What if its not academics, or not injury related? what if he just did something really dumb and coach found out about it and is suspended for awhile.... I don't think Cael would ever say that right he would just say exactly what he is saying. He isnt leaving just in trouble

Double secret probation ;)

What if its not academics, or not injury related? what if he just did something really dumb and coach found out about it and is suspended for awhile.... I don't think Cael would ever say that right he would just say exactly what he is saying. He isnt leaving just in trouble

That’s exactly what I heard

I ain’t never had no Enhlish at Penn State. Seriously, I did not have a single English course in my 5 years at PSU in the late 70’s.

A part of me was embarrassed, sure. But a part of me was also a little proud that I could be so good at being so terrible at something that my poor writing skills were a shining example of such a thing.

Now, in the years since I took that class (19 years) I have become a lot better at writing. I was even the sports editor for my high school newspaper so you'd think I would have been far better at writing heading into college. I was never much of a student, though. I hardly studied and procrastinated terribly throughout my four years but I graduated on time and with very average grades.

I typed the words you'se guys in my first college paper. No lie. Fun times.

I hate to be the kill joy but 125 is a pretty strong area of interest.

This string is driving me nuts.

Isn't there a basket weaving board somewhere you can ruin with 20 messages in a row about days gone by and the freshman level classes you took?

I started in 1981, had two years under trimesters then two, I mean three, under semesters (ahem, 5 year plan).

I had English 10 and 20, could it have possibly morphed into 15 after semesters took effect?

I know 3 sprinkler fitters that got their schooling from Penn State. Online courses I guess. Always thought that was an odd way to get trained for a hands on job.

I know 3 sprinkler fitters that got their schooling from Penn State. Online courses I guess. Always thought that was an odd way to get trained for a hands on job.

One of the largest sprinkler installers on the EC (so Im told) is a PSU alum and fraternity brother of mine.

Hes a hand job and I dont think it took a lot of training.

I had English 15 in the fall of 1985. I do believe they changed the course numbers when the switch from trimesters to semesters in 1983/84.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
One of the largest sprinkler installers on the EC (so Im told) is a PSU alum and fraternity brother of mine.

Hes a hand job and I dont think it took a lot of training.
Sprinkler fitters make a good living. The traveling is the hard part.

Has always been an excellent intro course -

Course Goals English 15 is an intensive, rhetorically based experience that will prepare you to respond to the vast array of media in everyday life. In this course, we will analyze written, verbal, and visual texts, including pop culture and scholarly arguments. Your major task will be composing five essays, along with a number of smaller assignments. The concept of rhetoric will help you perceive and use language according to specific circumstances and situations. The goal of English 15A is to help you build your writer and rhetorical perception, as you become a critical and creative thinker. My hope is that you will come to see writing as a practice, requiring diligence, patience, and endurance. Additionally, this class will emphasize the idea of diversity through an array of social justice-oriented readings and arguments. We will not presume to understand the term diversity, but will rather interrogate its many valences. Engagement with issues of diversity in written assignments is encouraged, but not required to pass the course. What I expect is that you read and actively discuss the assigned materials.Required and Recommended TextsoEverything’s an Argument (7thEdition) by Lunsford and RuszkiewiczPenn Statements,2017RequirementsTo pass this course you must complete all the major assignments, fulfill all the weekly assignments, and submit all the essays on time. You are expected to attend all class meetings and to participate in draft workshops, in-class exercises, and classroom discussions. All proposals, drafts, papers, and revisions must be handed in on time; failure to turn in a proposal on time or to appear at a draft workshop without a draft is equivalent to turning in an assignment late (i.e., normally a penalty of one grade per late day). GradingPaper 1 Rhetorical Analysis10%Paper 2 Memoir15%Paper 3 Definition15%Paper 4 Argument15%Paper 5 Research Essay 20%Journals (proposals included)10%Participation*15%
split-0-page-1-html-bg.jpg

Isn't there a basket weaving board somewhere you can ruin with 20 messages in a row about days gone by and the freshman level classes you took?

And don't even get me started about Freshman math class....Thought for sure I'd never see graduation.

So what are the odds if Verk kills it in scuffle that Cael lets shnupp finish the season at 125?

Please let’s talk about wrestling lol.

Speaking of Basket Weaving...….What is a good price for a hand woven 1/4 bushel basket? I want to get a couple for my sprinkler fitter. Funny thing.....he start out as an English Major. Little dude......only weighed 125lbs...…:)

Cael's interview seems to have taken the steam out of all the speculation.

How much snow do yinz have? I got 7" so far.

Kids are already called off for tomorrow and HS football got moved to Saturday night.

Drinking a Great Lakes Christmas Ale tonight awaiting the Packers and Lions BBall at 9pm on FS1.

Still have yet to make it to Iceland.

Kids are already called off for tomorrow and HS football got moved to Saturday night.

Drinking a Great Lakes Christmas Ale tonight awaiting the Packers and Lions BBall at 9pm on FS1.

Troegs does right

troegsmadelfbottle.jpg

What's snow? I'd be happy to just get some rain.

Maybe it's the board's way of saying we've overanalyzed a 19-year-olds personal business enough.

You could always go over to the Iowa board and convince them that DeSanto has utterly zero chance of beating Suriano. Or did you get banned for that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT