ADVERTISEMENT

VA Tech/NC St., IA/OK St., MO/IA St. duals

Random4598375

Jan 10, 2020
Battle of the two best college wrestling Schools in History is coming up!

My predictions:

125- Ayala dec Spratley 3-0
133- Fix mdec Teske 3-4
141- Woods dec Jamison 6-4
149- Voinovich dec Williams 9-4
157- Franek dec Travis 12-4
165- Caliendo dec Olejnik 15-4
174- Kennedy dec Thompson 18-4
184- Plott mdec Riggins 18-8
197- Glazier dec Surber 21-8
HWT- Doucette dec Hill 21-11

Some good individual matchups here that could go either way.
125, 149, 165, 197 and possibly 184 and HWT if Arnold and Keuter wrestle. I always look forward to this dual every year. Big rivalry!
This is one of the best matchups of the season. 125, 149, 165, 174, and 197 all could go either way and all have really intriguing matchups (Spratley vs Ayala is one I'm looking really forward to). Even 141 and 157, which are two weights that should favor Iowa, will be competitive. I'll take a 5-5 split of the matches and give a point or two edge to Ok St based on bonus potential at 133 and 184 (if Riggins).

Battle of the two best college wrestling Schools in History is coming up!

My predictions:

133- Fix mdec Teske 3-4

125, 149, 165, 197 and possibly 184 and HWT if Arnold and Keuter wrestle. I always look forward to this dual every year. Big rivalry!
Gotta give both schools credit for having the balls to go big late in the season. John’s team is no joke this year. Ayala & Caliendo will lose. Okie 17 - Iowa 15

Since some of you have WT on Ignore, he started a match thread here which you won't see. So here's a thread that you will see. Mods can move the existing content over.

WT's comments:
"Battle of the two best college wrestling Schools in History is coming up!
My predictions:
133- Fix mdec Teske 3-4
125, 149, 165, 197 and possibly 184 and HWT if Arnold and Keuter wrestle. I always look forward to this dual every year. Big rivalry!"

This is one of the best matchups of the season. 125, 149, 165, 174, and 197 all could go either way and all have really intriguing matchups (Spratley vs Ayala is one I'm looking really forward to). Even 141 and 157, which are two weights that should favor Iowa, will be competitive. I'll take a 5-5 split of the matches and give a point or two edge to Ok St based on bonus potential at 133 and 184 (if Riggins).
My favorite matchup is Iowa fans vs referee performance. Seriously though, should be a good dual.

Reactions: WaffleShopper
Since some of you have WT on Ignore, he started a match thread here which you won't see. So here's a thread that you will see. Mods can move the existing content over.

WT's comments:
"Battle of the two best college wrestling Schools in History is coming up!
My predictions:
133- Fix mdec Teske 3-4
125, 149, 165, 197 and possibly 184 and HWT if Arnold and Keuter wrestle. I always look forward to this dual every year. Big rivalry!"
My thread gets deleted because some have me on ignore? Weak. My thread hit the target group

My thread gets deleted because some have me on ignore? Weak. My thread hit the target group
Your thread was deleted because of your incorrect use of present vs past tense. If you had said something like, "the two college wrestling schools that were, at one time in the distant past, the best programs ... " , your thread would have been retained. 😁

I don't ignore anyone, even Ironbird. If I don't like what I'm reading I move on. The idea a few of you Iowa guys post regular adds to the forum. We can agree to disagree. It's not like any of us are walking around with the red phone and button that says initiate weapons.

I don't ignore anyone, even Ironbird. If I don't like what I'm reading I move on. The idea a few of you Iowa guys post regular adds to the forum. We can agree to disagree. It's not like any of us are walking around with the red phone and button that says initiate weapons.
Have to say I agree. Seems like a lot of people on both forums have become soft. There are worse tragedies in the world. So many are getting worked up over a PD stoppage or mean words from a rival poster. I enjoy what some of the Iowa guys post. If I don’t like what read, nothing wrong with just moving on. Kinda crazy it it’s gone on for so long.
I’m a PSU man through and through, but at the end of the day if they win or lose (not that often) it doesn’t affect my day in any way.

Last edited:
Quit with the politics, this a wrestling board.
It was only intended to be a joke, not a political statement. I would think most people on board would recognize it as so. I've been on this site for almost 8 years, and have seen numerous opinions about politics especially during the COVID years. If you didn't like it personally, that's your peragative. As you said it's only a wrestling board .

It was only intended to be a joke, not a political statement. I would think most people on board would recognize it as so. I've been on this site for almost 8 years, and have seen numerous opinions about politics especially during the COVID years. If you didn't like it personally, that's your peragative. As you said it's only a wrestling board .
Even if it is a joke it is how some threads get derailed. This is a good matchup, along with ISU amd Missouri, I would like to hear our thoughts on these matchups.

Even if it is a joke it is how some threads get derailed. This is a good matchup, along with ISU amd Missouri, I would like to hear our thoughts on these matchups.
Curious if coaches put best lineups out or do they avoid some matches that might have seeding consequences.
That is what made the Nebraska match enjoyable

Reactions: creamery freak
Your thread was deleted because of your incorrect use of present vs past tense. If you had said something like, "the two college wrestling schools that were, at one time in the distant past, the best programs ... " , your thread would have been retained. 😁
What I said was 100% true. They are the two best schools in the history of College wrestling. I understand the current landscape of the sport

What I said was 100% true. They are the two best schools in the history of College wrestling. I understand the current landscape of the sport

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Wouldn't Stanford and Harvard be the best schools in the history of college wrestling?

Curious if coaches put best lineups out or do they avoid some matches that might have seeding consequences.
That is what made the Nebraska match enjoyable
I think the OkSt/Iowa match will have full lineups. I do not think either coach wants to lose that one. It will be interesting to see if Arnold goes at 184, if he does do they have him go at B10's? If not I do not think Riggins qualifies for nationals. Also, it is kind of wild that Iowa, in the last week of the regular season, has 4 weights were it is unknown who will be going to conferences.

Last edited:
History doesn't lie. Iowa just won a title a couple years ago. They have won 16 in my lifetime and I'm under 40. Why fight the truth?

History doesn't lie. Iowa just won a title a couple years ago. They have won 16 in my lifetime and I'm under 40. Why fight the truth?

Iowa has won 1 national title since the high school seniors currently being recruited turned 4 years old. PSU has won 10 national titles in that same period. That is the only truth that matters, as Cael's machine has become self-sustaining. Success is breeding more success.

giphy.gif

Iowa has won 1 national title since the high school seniors currently being recruited turned 4 years old. PSU has won 10 national titles in that same period. That is the only truth that matters, as Cael's machine has become self-sustaining. Success is breeding more success.

giphy.gif
34>24>11

giphy.gif
I mean, WildTurd isn't wrong about "history", but it should definitely scare the hell out of the other programs that the guys growing up and coming into college wrestling now know only of Penn State dominance in their wrestling lives, while the Ok St and Iowa dynasties were the teams their fathers and grandfathers witnessed and are only written about in history books now. Truax ditched Slumlord Millionaire's bag to come to Penn State and then the picture surfaced of him at like 10 with a Penn State national champ shirt on. Mesenbrink in his latest interview talked about how giddy he was when he was in the portal and Cael called him because he knew Penn State as the best room and the place he always wanted to be. Guys like Duke and Henckel and Gibson committed to PSU despite elite recruits at their weights already committed. The program is selling itself to the best wrestlers in the country now. NLWC could produce multiple Olympic champs in this cycle. Kids like Haines are spending their senior year training with those guys instead of high school kids and are ready to step in and dominate year one, then stay on and train for the Olympics themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT