ADVERTISEMENT

125 question

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
question from a newbie on this board: Is there any chance we see Teasdale or Teske at 125 this year? What are our prospects at this weight?

Reactions: diggerpup
question from a newbie on this board: Is there any chance we see Teasdale or Teske at 125 this year? What are our prospects at this weight?
Cael said last week that they'll both go to some tournaments unattached and see how they do and wrestle off for the spot when the time comes, but it's Schnupp's job until then and maybe after then.

I think the consensus view around here is that either Teasdale or Teske will take the spot at some point.

I don’t think anyone here knows the plan. It’s my hope that we can win another National Championship with Schnupp manning the spot all year to allow Teske to redshirt. Then next year, have him score points at Nationals for us. I loved when Cael was able to get him in the fold. He reminds me a lot of Cory Clark. With some added muscle and work in the room I just feel he’s going to be a good one.

Reactions: nitlion6
If they both redshirt, it messes with the master plan. I'm thinking they want to go:

125 - Teasdale
133 - Bravo-Young
141 - Lee
Teske redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Bravo-Young
141 - Lee
Teasdale redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Teasdale
141 - Lee
Bravo-Young redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Teasdale
141 - Bravo-Young

I don't know if Teasdale can go more than 1 year at 125.

Last edited:
FRL this morning basically made it sound like Teasdale is completely out of the mix. They put him in the same sentence as Busiello. I heard some info about Gavin about a month back, but never saw anything else about it so assumed it was just hearsay, but the FRL report this morning gives the story more credence. Anyone heard anything?

If they both redshirt, it messes with the master plan. I'm thinking they want to go:

125 - Teasdale
133 - Bravo-Young
141 - Lee
Teske redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Bravo-Young
141 - Lee
Teasdale redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Teasdale
141 - Lee
Bravo-Young redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Teasdale
141 - Bravo-Young

I don't know if Teasdale can go more than 1 year at 125.

You must have gotten the DeLorean time machine working for your 3rd and 4th years. ;)

FRL this morning basically made it sound like Teasdale is completely out of the mix. They put him in the same sentence as Busiello. I heard some info about Gavin about a month back, but never saw anything else about it so assumed it was just hearsay, but the FRL report this morning gives the story more credence. Anyone heard anything?

Yes..I listened as well this morning and the way they spoke did make it like something is up with Gavin. I wish we knew more..I always loved this kids style and hope it's not the case that he leaving or something like that

can you list the instances where Flo was wrong about psu? tia.
At one point y’all thought Nick S was gonna stay, but I wouldn’t say you were firm in your prognostication—and wouldn’t want you guys to stop sharing your theories and whispers because they aren’t confirmed. Just couch them as whispers and theories (as you typically do).

How would they know? They seem to be more wrong about PSU than they do right. I take a lot of what they say with a fine grain of salt.
I think it depends on the guy. In this regard I think you can tell that Willie was a journalist before he joined FLO. He tends to be a bit more measured and properly sourced when putting info out there. Pyles and the other guys will run with message board speculation and rumors. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, they are actually doing their job. If there is talk out there, that's what FLO is for. And Pyles is very upfront in the discussions, pointing out message boards and where rumors are originating.

I think people get riled up when they hold FLO to the standards of journalism in years gone past. They're not the New York Times (insert obligatory right wing joke here). They provide content, opinions and info, while also giving the wrestling community a sort of a forum with things like FRL. This show is meant to be something like dunke, el jefe, roar and spyker sitting around having coffee and shooting the sh*t, not Robby Robinson and Marty Baron taking down the Catholic Church.

Obviously there's a smoke there. I like that FLO is willing to discuss it.

Yes..I listened as well this morning and the way they spoke did make it like something is up with Gavin. I wish we knew more..I always loved this kids style and hope it's not the case that he leaving or something like that
In the post match mood thread there was a mention that Teasdale was not in the stands with the rest of the team. So it certainly seems like something is up. I would guess he is enrolled this semester, but what is outlook moving forward?

I think it depends on the guy. In this regard I think you can tell that Willie was a journalist before he joined FLO. He tends to be a bit more measured and properly sourced when putting info out there. Pyles and the other guys will run with message board speculation and rumors. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, they are actually doing their job. If there is talk out there, that's what FLO is for. And Pyles is very upfront in the discussions, pointing out message boards and where rumors are originating.

I think people get riled up when they hold FLO to the standards of journalism in years gone past. They're not the New York Times (insert obligatory right wing joke here). They provide content, opinions and info, while also giving the wrestling community a sort of a forum with things like FRL. This show is meant to be something like dunke, el jefe, roar and spyker sitting around having coffee and shooting the sh*t, not Robby Robinson and Marty Baron taking down the Catholic Church.

Obviously there's a smoke there. I like that FLO is willing to discuss it.
Which one of the Flo guys is playing the role of Spyker?

In the post match mood thread there was a mention that Teasdale was not in the stands with the rest of the team. So it certainly seems like something is up. I would guess he is enrolled this semester, but what is outlook moving forward?
it was an observation, not fact (as stated later by the author). Imagine the facts if we took everyone's opinion or perspective... Sure it will play out

The part of the Gavin talk on FLO that struck me the most was that it was being talked about as if it is a very strong possibility if not a foregone conclusion.
Pyles talking about the 125 situation that Willie referred to as a "Disaster": "They will be sending Teske to opens." He did add "I don't know what the Gavin situation sits"

Willie: "I think the Gavin thing has sailed"

Clearly they have heard something. It also appears that it is not injury related. Someone else mentioned about Gavin being out of the picture. Factor in that he wasn't with his teammates during the first dual...….You definitely have to consider that something pretty big is happening......something that brings into question when or if we will see Gavin in a Blue & White singlet. :(

The part of the Gavin talk on FLO that struck me the most was that it was being talked about as if it is a very strong possibility if not a foregone conclusion.
Pyles talking about the 125 situation that Willie referred to as a "Disaster": "They will be sending Teske to opens." He did add "I don't know what the Gavin situation sits"

Willie: "I think the Gavin thing has sailed"

Clearly they have heard something. It also appears that it is not injury related. Someone else mentioned about Gavin being out of the picture. Factor in that he wasn't with his teammates during the first dual...….You definitely have to consider that something pretty big is happening......something that brings into question when or if we will see Gavin in a Blue & White singlet. :(

Partisan wrestling fan allegiance aside I hope he is okay between the ears. College is a tough adjustment. I hope whatever it is, he still finds a way to get a stellar education.

I know I’m pretty new to the board and don’t post a lot. But I have heard some things here and there. Haven’t heard a lot about teske’s ability, however have heard a bit about Gavin. Let’s just say Gavin is the better option between him and Devin moving forward. What I don’t know is what’s going on off the mat. When I hear more “whispers” I’ll relay them. Believe me or not, just what I’m hearing

Reactions: clucas
It's the cryptic insinuations that drive me nuts, but it's not like we deserve concrete answers, especially if the situation is fluid and uncertain. It's a small world, the story'll find its way out when it's ready. But I wish him well, whatever's going on.

can you list the instances where Flo was wrong about psu? tia.
@smalls103 serving up a softball.

Just today on FRL, Nomad talked extensively about RBY, the effect that the PSU room has had on him since he got to campus, and that this has likely resulted in his improvement on top.
This is obviously way off base. In fact, next to impossible. @jammenz and 83% of the HR will tell you that FLO is WRONG.

I am hearing that this is more related to academics than anything wrestling/health related. Take that for what it's worth. (Not much.)

The claim that Teasdale was not at the match to sit with his teammates does have me scratching my head, but I am not ready to jump to any drastic conclusions.

Listening to FloR just now, it's pretty clear they know something but we're probably told off the record. As a result all kinds of rumors, ineuendos and theories will start to take flight.

The dialog did not explicitly imply Teasdale was discontent or going anywhere else. It seemed more like a 125 specific commentary, meaning 'the ship has sailed on Teasdale at 125 this year'. Maybe he is 135-140 lbs and wants to pull the plug on that much weight cut.:)

The scenario I heard cryptically -"things" (i.e. Teasdale - without hearing his name in the exchange specifically) would be fine, if next year everyone moves up. Likewise we have all discussed the possibility of RBY shirting next year then moving up which would also allow for Teadale to be a long term 133 solution.

Definitely curious given Cael's statements earlier in the week that both were in play for several more months, and until it was figured out Schupp would go.

Net-net is as curious and as vocal we remain, the worse the optics might be for the program ... Hopefully something more definitive comes out in the next two weeks.

I don't expect Howard to commit anywhere for a while but if that peice of the discussion became real, the fire might get out of control.

Reactions: nitlion6
I am hearing that this is more related to academics than anything wrestling/health related. Take that for what it's worth. (Not much.)
Given the rumors and hints surfacing here and elsewhere, that seems the simplest and most likely explanation. Occam's Razor.

Really not surprising that this reared its head finally (not specifically Gavin, but in general). Happens all the time in football, the wrestling team has been fortunate to dodge the bullet for some time. You bring in a dozen teenagers and you have to figure a few are going to fail miserably academically for a myriad of possible reasons.

Certainly not a death sentence for his career or degree aspirations either here or elsewhere. This post is authored by a guy who failed out of his first college spectacularly. Did alright my first semester, but when football season was over and I had quite a bit of free time on my hands I proceeded to deliver a Blutarsky in the spring.

Yup, 0.0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT