ADVERTISEMENT

125 question

Given the rumors and hints surfacing here and elsewhere, that seems the simplest and most likely explanation. Occam's Razor.

Really not surprising that this reared its head finally (not specifically Gavin, but in general). Happens all the time in football, the wrestling team has been fortunate to dodge the bullet for some time. You bring in a dozen teenagers and you have to figure a few are going to fail miserably academically for a myriad of possible reasons.

Certainly not a death sentence for his career or degree aspirations either here or elsewhere. This post is authored by a guy who failed out of his first college spectacularly. Did alright my first semester, but when football season was over and I had quite a bit of free time on my hands I proceeded to deliver a Blutarsky in the spring.

Yup, 0.0.
I was just gonna say, I'm sure glad there wasn't a message board full of people watching my every move my first year in college, that's for sure....

I was just gonna say, I'm sure glad there wasn't a message board full of people watching my every move my first year in college, that's for sure....
Yeah, most of those people who have the luxury of wisdom and maturity. I've taken some courses in recent years and now find it hard to believe that I could have gotten anything less than a 4.0 at any time in the past. With a not-so herculean effort. Probably could have held down a 30 hour a week job while doing it. What a difference 35 years makes.

Given the rumors and hints surfacing here and elsewhere, that seems the simplest and most likely explanation. Occam's Razor.

Really not surprising that this reared its head finally (not specifically Gavin, but in general). Happens all the time in football, the wrestling team has been fortunate to dodge the bullet for some time. You bring in a dozen teenagers and you have to figure a few are going to fail miserably academically for a myriad of possible reasons.

Certainly not a death sentence for his career or degree aspirations either here or elsewhere. This post is authored by a guy who failed out of his first college spectacularly. Did alright my first semester, but when football season was over and I had quite a bit of free time on my hands I proceeded to deliver a Blutarsky in the spring.

Yup, 0.0.

Hey, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Reactions: diggerpup
Enough smoke to think something is up. Give him the year to focus on academics and take a break from wrestling.

I have no idea what is up, but Cael certainly hasn't given up on the idea of Gavin wrestling for PSU or he would not have mentioned him. It would not be at all unusual for a young man to have some troubled times adjusting to college if that is indeed the case. Gavin the wrestler is very interesting because he is the very definition of a volume shooter. He gets to the legs like few I have ever watched. The danger rule will be his friend. He will learn to use the danger rule to help him finish against elite guys. I hope the support around him from both family and team helps him achieve his full potential.

If academics are the issue -- the boards once wondered if PSU would expel Martellotti for grades. He made it back onto the team.

Yup, 0.0.
I sustained purt-near that for a very long period before I got things turned around. In the end I got accepted into 7/8 PhD programs I applied to. The 8th one really wanted applications only from Masters grads.

Reactions: nitlion6
Cael, from Jim Carlson article Tim just posted in another thread:

"I mean Teasdale's planning on wrestling, Teske wants to wrestle. We have a lot of great options there that we're excited about it. And I'm just saying in general. Those guys are planning on wrestling this year but still we want to be patient and let things play out and that's what we're going to do. We've done it before and we'll do it again."​

Not sure if he’s crazy or not but those abs tho....

Signed
Lemonpie
Don't be such a tease--give the man what he really wants!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
If they both redshirt, it messes with the master plan. I'm thinking they want to go:

125 - Teasdale
133 - Bravo-Young
141 - Lee
Teske redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Bravo-Young
141 - Lee
Teasdale redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Teasdale
141 - Lee
Bravo-Young redshirt

125 - Teske
133 - Teasdale
141 - Bravo-Young

I don't know if Teasdale can go more than 1 year at 125.

What about Busiello ???

What if its not academics, or not injury related? what if he just did something really dumb and coach found out about it and is suspended for awhile.... I don't think Cael would ever say that right he would just say exactly what he is saying. He isnt leaving just in trouble

I think it depends on the guy. In this regard I think you can tell that Willie was a journalist before he joined FLO. He tends to be a bit more measured and properly sourced when putting info out there. Pyles and the other guys will run with message board speculation and rumors. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, they are actually doing their job. If there is talk out there, that's what FLO is for. And Pyles is very upfront in the discussions, pointing out message boards and where rumors are originating.

I think people get riled up when they hold FLO to the standards of journalism in years gone past. They're not the New York Times (insert obligatory right wing joke here). They provide content, opinions and info, while also giving the wrestling community a sort of a forum with things like FRL. This show is meant to be something like dunke, el jefe, roar and spyker sitting around having coffee and shooting the sh*t, not Robby Robinson and Marty Baron taking down the Catholic Church.

Obviously there's a smoke there. I like that FLO is willing to discuss it.

I am. Only an irresponsible person would use their voice at Flo to peddle message board garbage. If Flo wants to be taken seriously they should stick to reporting news and information they can corroborate, otherwise literally any one of us can do their job.

Reactions: Ski and dbldoofus
I am. Only an irresponsible person would use their voice at Flo to peddle message board garbage. If Flo wants to be taken seriously they should stick to reporting news and information they can corroborate, otherwise literally any one of us can do their job.
Pretty sure that FLO is doing pretty well in the wrestling community operating the way they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT