ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 6 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Did Lewis make a mistake there by not choosing neutral when he had choice in the second ride out period? Do I understand these new rules correctly (which I think need fixing BTW), that with the riding time advantage all he had to do was not give up the takedown and win with 8 seconds (or whatever it was) of riding time?

How do you figure? Carter gets a point for ESC, if Lewis takes Neutral, he needs a TD to win his 8 seconds of "Riding Time" don't override a point disadvantage???

Reactions: creamery freak
giphy.gif

He would have lost by 1 since Carter escaped. The RT only matters if they both escape, I think? The take neutral move is what happened to Bartlett when he couldnt escape.
Close enough -- but technically, RT only matters if the score is tied after rideouts. Which doesn't have to be trading escapes.

No - cause Carter escaped. You choose neutral when you get a rideout cause riding adv wins in a tie score. But Carter went up by one point with the escape.
Thanks. I don't know why I was completely overlooking his escape. I guess it was those to Van Brill wins over Bartlett messing with my brain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT