ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session III

I’m guessing this might put me in the minority here, but I’ll say it after reading earlier comments about him. I’ll be rooting for Murin to AA. He seems like a good kid and I hate the idea of someone putting in as much as he has and always getting to the blood round and never finding a W…good luck to him, I hope he breaks through!
yea I like to see all the PA kids do well as long as they aren't wrestling PSU!

How tough has Ramirez's backdraw been? After the upset to Fish to start the tournament, he's run the gauntlet of Facundo, Braunagel, and Kennedy, and now has Griffith in the blood round. After a terrible loss to start, if he wrestles back to AA, he'll have earned ever bit of it.

That’s just unleavened bread.

I had about 45 years of consuming the work of an absolute master of the art. She learned at the feet of my great grandmother, who learned at her mothers' in "the old country".

Unleavened bread was meant to be made and consumed quickly, for people in flight, Crackers, hardtack and Matzoh, especially are unleavened bread.

Pirohi made right, take time to make and are meant to be consumed slowly, so every pillowy soft morsel is savored, along with butter (never, ever put them in onions or fry them-that's for amateurs). It is decidedly not "just unleavened bread".

They have one downfall-they most definitely are not something you eat cutting weight or with a Metformin Px.

FYI, here's 150 year old hard tack being eaten.

Reactions: nittinsc and mcpat
Hey, I spent most of my life saying that about Iowa. For those of us that remember those years, I think we appreciate this run FAR more than the newcomers to the sport.
With my memory not as keen as it once was, not remembering when Iowa was a viable national title threat is one positive.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Round 1 PSU went 8-1
Round 2 PSU went 7-2
Round 3 PSU went 9-0

Round 1 Iowa went 8-2
Round 2 Iowa went 7-3
Round 3 Iowa went 6-6

I looked on the top 10 and didn't see Rutgres... they are in 32nd place with 1 wrestle left.

Oklahoma State is in 19th with 2 wrestlers left. They may only get 1 AA this year.

Last edited:
yea I like to see all the PA kids do well as long as they aren't wrestling PSU!
Yeah, I can root for Murin. The team race is over, IA has already suffered their share of disappointments, and he's a prototypical western PA blue collar plumber making his best with toughness and limited talent (at least for this level, LOL). I can get behind that. Four time R12 would be tough. He deserves better.

I had about 45 years of consuming the work of an absolute master of the art. She learned at the feet of my great grandmother, who learned at her mothers' in "the old country".

Unleavened bread was meant to be made and consumed quickly, for people in flight, Crackers, hardtack and Matzoh, especially are unleavened bread.

Pirohi made right, take time to make and are meant to be consumed slowly, so every pillowy soft morsel is savored, along with butter (never, ever put them in onions or fry them-that's for amateurs). It is decidedly not "just unleavened bread".

They have one downfall-they most definitely are not something you eat cutting weight or with a Metformin Px.

FYI, here's 150 year old hard tack being eaten.

still looks fresh!!

This is a solid AA level post. It would be a championship contender if there were paragraph breaks.
You are absolutely right but I was on a roll and the words just kept coming 😂. I’d go edit it but enough people have commented it would just be confusing. I’ll be watching the rest live so I won’t hurt anyone else’s eyes going forward with a page of straight text

• Haha
Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
Yeah, I can root for Murin. The team race is over, IA has already suffered their share of disappointments, and he's a prototypical western PA blue collar plumber making his best with toughness and limited talent (at least for this level, LOL). I can get behind that. Four time R12 would be tough. He deserves better.
Max is finally going to wrestle a kid in the blood round that he is better than. Max should go 2 - 0 tonight and be positioned to finish 3rd to 6th. I am really hoping Max beats Diakomihalis for 3rd!

I'm still waiting for a Iowa wrestler to go full Ivan Drago on one of the methmunks. "I wrestle for me"..

You are absolutely right but I was on a roll and the words just kept coming 😂. I’d go edit it but enough people have commented it would just be confusing. I’ll be watching the rest live so I won’t hurt anyone else’s eyes going forward with a page of straight text
Apology accepted, We love chain wrestling. Chain posting, not so much.:eek:

Reactions: zzs006
That's because their ancestors didn't have to flee the country in famine ships.
Any way I can get reparations from the Govt? I am still traumatized by the horrendous treatment my Irish ancestors suffered during the potato famine and then being forced to leave the Emerald Isle be indentured servants in the US, Some one needs to give my free aggrievement cash quick!!

Has Starocci ever faced Foca?
Its almost impossible to beat Star at his own game (almost any game), which is why I dont worry about Lewis and Labriola - but does Foca bring something new?
Beat him last year 4-3

Has Starocci ever faced Foca?
December 2021 in the Collegiate Duals in Florida - Foca had the only takedown, but Starocci won it on the mat:

Sophomore Carter Starocci (Erie, Pa.), ranked No. 1 at 174, used a third period rideout to post a 3-2 win on riding time over No. 12 Chris Foca.

Reactions: RandyL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT