ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session IV -- National Semis!

I'm of two minds with respect to Spencer's mom. On the one hand destroying nearby objects when you lose is never a great look. I've worked alongside people who did things like that when things didn't go just so, and it's a bad place to be. I've made it a point to steer very clear of those people in my life.

On the other hand, it's an entirely human reaction to a huge disappointment and she suddenly became a meme. The social media reaction will outweigh any deserved criticism. So I feel bad for her, not for the moment she had, but for adverse and outsized publicity the moment has already generated. I hope she'll be able to laugh at it some day, but doubt that day is tomorrow.
Well said!

watching replay.. Greg Kerk had a shoe lace hanging out there... what is the rule on that - when shoe is untied? Obviously he was riding on top and didn't impact anything...

Reactions: hlstone
watching replay.. Greg Kerk had a shoe lace hanging out there... what is the rule on that - when shoe is untied? Obviously he was riding on top and didn't impact anything...
Action continues, fix it yourself.

DishonestDishonestEsok-size_restricted.gif

I don’t know how everyone can post so much during the moment. I am always to nervous! I managed one celebratory word when Spencer was pinned! For all the talk of how disappointed he was, the shock etc, no one mentioned the Ramos interview. What an amazing kid. I am so happy for him, and Purdue. So many talked like Spencer already had his fourth title. Ramos said he spoke it into reality, believing in himself. What a moment for that young man!
I assume you are referring to the Ramos interview immediately after he walked off the mat. This one is great too. Super impressive kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT