ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 6 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Lewis deserves exactly what he got there. That was the biggest Neutral stalling exhibition since Trent Hidlay. Complete bullshit that Lewis was only called for one stalling in that match. Just typically absurd Folk Officiating to let someone wrestle like that for roughly 6 minutes of Neutral wrestling with no penalty points.

Reactions: WEAREPSU_LI
Lewis deserves exactly what he got there. That was the biggest Neutral stalling exhibition since Trent Hidlay. Complete bullshit that Lewis was only called for one stalling in that match. Just typically absurd Folk Officiating to let someone wrestle like that for roughly 6 minutes of Neutral wrestling with no penalty points.
I really like Mekhi and he is obviously a better counter wrestler than offensive, but he HAS to be penalized for backing up and doing nothing. I totally agree.

Reactions: okinburg1
Did Lewis make a mistake there by not choosing neutral when he had choice in the second ride out period? Do I understand these new rules correctly (which I think need fixing BTW), that with the riding time advantage all he had to do was not give up the takedown and win with 8 seconds (or whatever it was) of riding time?

Did Lewis make a mistake there by not choosing neutral when he had choice in the second ride out period? Do I understand these new rules correctly (which I think need fixing BTW), that with the riding time advantage all he had to do was not give up the takedown and win with 8 seconds (or whatever it was) of riding time?
No, he would have been losing without a takedown and no escape

Reactions: nitlion6
What a match! This was the final I was most worried about, but I can't think of a single Lion ever who has come up big time and time again in close matches with absolute studs. Carter will be the 1st ever (and probably only ever) 5 timer!

Just a friendly reminder ... as the winning number grows:

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
# F# 1st# 2nd# 3rd# 4th# 5th# 6th# 7th# 8th
Team Standings
Penn State
123.5​
135.5​
5​
3​
1​
Michigan
95​
101​
2​
1​
1​
3​
Iowa
74​
80​
1​
1​
1​
1​
1​

He would lose by 1

No - cause Carter escaped. You choose neutral when you get a rideout cause riding adv wins in a tie score. But Carter went up by one point with the escape.

I'm glad Carter called Lewis out in his post-match interview for all his clear Neutral Stalling - constantly backing up and wrestling the edge. Off the charts ridiculous that he was only dinged for a "stall warning" and no stalling points after more than 6 minutes of that bullshit including 2 minutes of SV1.

CStar got an escape in the first ride-out, so Lewis was down one point. Going neutral would not be the percentage play in that situation.

He would have lost by 1 since Carter escaped. The RT only matters if they both escape, I think? The take neutral move is what happened to Bartlett when he couldnt escape.

Reactions: El-Jefe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT