ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NCAA Wrestling Tournament - Finals Open Thread

Let's say that he does. Cael reloaded after David Taylor, after Quentin Wright, after Ed Ruth, after Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf, Mark Hall, Vincenzo Joseph and Bo Nickal left in short order...

I note that Carter didn't take off many matches this year (any?). I think he really loves it.
I said this in another post but I’ll repeat it here. Carter reminds me so much of Muhammad Ali with both his athletic ability and personality. We have a unique guy in our lineup. I certainly don’t want to see him leave early.

Any truth to the rumor that Tom Brands is writing a book about Spencer's last year? They say it's a real page-turner but they can't come up with a title.
02e975c5ae588edeef0d45c23d2f310f.jpg

Does being intolerant bring Him glory?
It was Jesus who said "I am the way the Truth and the Life, and the only way to the Father is through me" Saying that Jesus is the only way to the Father isn't intolerance, it's truth and if people think there are multiple paths to God, they are believing a lie. God wants us to know Him, not a lie that keeps us from His gracious gift of eternal life available to us through Jesus. He died for us all, but not everyone wants to accept that unfortunately. While this is a wrestling forum I just felt led on this day (with Easter/resurrection Sunday right around the corner) to not stay silent. I am happy to discuss with anyone privately if you would like.

It was Jesus who said "I am the way the Truth and the Life, and the only way to the Father is through me" Saying that Jesus is the only way to the Father isn't intolerance, it's truth and if people think there are multiple paths to God, they are believing a lie. God wants us to know Him, not a lie that keeps us from His gracious gift of eternal life available to us through Jesus. He died for us all, but not everyone wants to accept that unfortunately. While this is a wrestling forum I just felt led on this day (with Easter/resurrection Sunday right around the corner) to not stay silent. I am happy to discuss with anyone privately if you would like.
All kinds of other social media to testify on. Please, not here.

i've had a tough 24 hours. give me 3 minutes to lightly troll lol i promise i'm done now
It’s really funny that you “lightly troll” and everything is cool (which I am fine with, BTW)…but I’m banned on HR as of today, I guess from something I must’ve written 2 weeks ago, because I don’t think I’ve posted anything since then.

I submit that your post(s) have been more incendiary here than mine on HR. What if our moderators had the same petty, butt-hurt attitude as yours?

It’s really funny that you “lightly troll” and everything is cool (which I am fine with, BTW)…but I’m banned on HR as of today, I guess from something I must’ve written 2 weeks ago, because I don’t think I’ve posted anything since then.

I submit that your post(s) have been more incendiary here than mine on HR. What if our moderators had the same petty, butt-hurt attitude as yours?
your team just won another national title and you’re going to celebrate by whining about mods?

Kessenich starts off by asking Yianni about Dake ... what does Dake mean to you? What did I tell you guys? ESPN has an incredible Dake obsession.
Or Quint is just a horrible sideline reporter, which HE IS!! I feel bad, I miss a coked up Billy Baldwin regaling us with his stories of Long Island wrestling in the early and mid-eighties! Him beating Quint in some JV LI tournament and him name dropping about hanging out with PSU wrestling legend Mike Bevaliqua out in Massapequa!! Quint is mindless twit! Goes right on mute when he starts babbling whether his covering wrestling or football. The guy is Lacrosse player right? Let him stick to that, at least that is something he understands.

Reactions: Ski
I said this in another post but I’ll repeat it here. Carter reminds me so much of Muhammad Ali with both his athletic ability and personality. We have a unique guy in our lineup. I certainly don’t want to see him leave early.
Heard Carter say something in his post interview about dance lessons. What kind of dance?

don't know much about religion but I do about PSU wrestling!I will stick with that!

Even more worth noting.

National titles last 12 years:
Penn State - 10
Iowa - 1
tOSU - 1
Everyone else - 0
That means that Iowa and Ohio State our are BITCHES and will be for the next five years again with the killas we are bringing in!! To avoid continued humiliation Iowa and Ohio State should consider dropping their programs immediately!

Exactly, saying Mohammed is a "False Prohpet" isn't "intolerance", it's fundamentally what all Judeo-Christians believe. Christians are fundamentally Jews by religion (Christ was a Rabbi and taught Jewish Law) - the original "Christians" were Jewish by both blood and religion. Essentially, Christians are Jews (by religion - some by both religion and blood) who believe Christ was the Messiah (Messiah is the Jewish term for "Annoited One", which is precisely what Christ means in Greek - many early Christian Bibles were written in Greek). In Rome, prior to Constantine, the Romans made no distinction between followers of Christ and "Orthodox Jews" (Jews who believed Christ was a Rabbi but not the Messiah) as being Jewish by faith (celebrating any religious faith inside Rome was a criminal offense punishable by death in ancient Rome prior to Constantine - and the Romans put many followers of Christ and Orthodox Jews to death in the Lions Den, among other ways, for celebrating the Jewish Faith inside Rome's walls). Saying that a couple billion people are "intolerant" for believing Mohammad is a "False Prophet" is ridiculous.

we have high standards
Who are you gonna get if you fire the poison dwarfs? Jim Zalensky? Who you gonna get better that TnT? You will never get Cael, he hates you too much! You guys are stuck behind us until Cael decides to hang it up!!

My opinion only but I think Carter learned marketing a bit from Gable. Gable frequently teased he was done after 2021. Carter knows ESPN is a national audience and saying "Beating up college kids means nothing to me now, time to win some Olympic Golds and UFC Titles" He's made numerous references to returning to college, including when he told Flo his plan was 4 titles, Olympic Gold and done and then he told Gabe Arnold "if you can kiss enough butt and get into the lineup next year, I'll take care of you in front of your parents"

I'm pretty sure Carter is well aware how special 4 titles are. He just saw Yianni do it but .... to have a chance to do it SIDE BY SIDE with AB!? Now listen, could they both Olympic Redshirt? For sure they could and maybe we'll punt as a result but I can't see him walking away from that. Now going for 5 assuming he wins 4? I can see him not being interested in that. It's cool to be the "only" one but I think he's aware it might not do much for your legacy to do something that might not truly separate you because does anyone doubt most of the 4 timers could have won if they came back the year after they won 4 and wrestled again? That I can see him being iffy on after winning 4.
I think being a 5 timer is a huge legacy marker. The fact only 2 classes (2021 fresh, RS) had a chance to win 5 in time will mean nothing. First couple years after the Steiber v Oliver finals you would hear more than an occasional mention of Oliver had the 2 and actually won the match. A decade plus later Steiber is an honored member of a very small group of 4 timers. Win 5, and for the rest of Starocci 's life any public introduction will include "the ony 5 time time champion". There will no disclaimers attached.

Reactions: Gebmo and Ski
I agree the date can't be moved. What I'd really like is the location moved to Vegas, Phoenix or LA. I have absolutely no self interest in wishing this.
They mentioned Charlotte on one of the matcast broadcasts, I really wish NC would bid on a few of these. I am thinking 3 days at Pinehurst followed by 3 days of wrestling.

If San Diego St could start a program I think San Diego would be great.

Phoenix with ASU as the host school would be perfect.

I do understand you have no personal interest, and it would simply be in the interest of growing the sport.

we have high standards
Since you are mostly accustomed to 3rd place finishes, which through repetition has got to be the ingrained standard I would assume you all would be celebrating a highly successful tournament. Hell, in a 3 year stretch (1, 3, 2) you guys have outplaced your standard twice. Yet it is a collective "woah is me" cry my eyes dry party. You all need to cheer up and celebrate your team's accomplishments!

Ummmmmm. No. Cael took a team that finished 16th in 2009 and won in 2011. Cornell was 7th in 2019 and 2022 and went to 3rd this year. Not even close to comparable.
Gray was Koll's lead assistant and part of recruiting all of those guys. Cael had nothing to do with recruiting Q, Ed, Frank, Pataky, Wade, and most of the depth.

If you think Gray shouldn't have won this year -- I agree. Find a better reason than Cornell's talent procurement that you cited.

Exactly, saying Mohammed is a "False Prohpet" isn't "intolerance", it's fundamentally what all Judeo-Christians believe. Christians are fundamentally Jews by religion (Christ was a Rabbi and taught Jewish Law) - the original "Christians" were Jewish by both blood and religion. Essentially, Christians are Jews (by religion - some by both religion and blood) who believe Christ was the Messiah (Messiah is the Jewish term for "Annoited One", which is precisely what Christ means in Greek - many early Christian Bibles were written in Greek). In Rome, prior to Constantine, the Romans made no distinction between followers of Christ and "Orthodox Jews" (Jews who believed Christ was a Rabbi but not the Messiah) as being Jewish by faith (celebrating any religious faith inside Rome was a criminal offense punishable by death in ancient Rome prior to Constantine - and the Romans put many followers of Christ and Orthodox Jews to death in the Lions Den, among other ways, for celebrating the Jewish Faith inside Rome's walls). Saying that a couple billion people are "intolerant" for believing Mohammad is a "False Prophet" is ridiculous.
Interesting. There is a time and place for everything. This isn’t the place.

Interesting. There is a time and place for everything. This isn’t the place.
I will say - and I’m in no way stating my opinion on how things are run - that I have had more than a passing vision of somebody in the PSU admin mulling over if/how Aaron’s expression on national TV should be handled.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I will say - and I’m in no way stating my opinion on how things are run - that I have had more than a passing vision of somebody in the PSU admin mulling over if/how Aaron’s expression on national TV should be handled.
How about just let it go. We have free speech in this country. Aaron can express his views anyway he wants. There have been seventeen Catholic priests murdered in Nigeria alone in the past year and half by our Muslim "brothers"? The last was one was burned alive last month! Sorry if we Christians are not feeling all warm and friendly towards the teaching of Mohammed and his disciples!!

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...burned-to-death-another-shot-in-north-nigeria

Who are you gonna get if you fire the poison dwarfs? Jim Zalensky? Who you gonna get better that TnT? You will never get Cael, he hates you too much! You guys are stuck behind us until Cael decides to hang it up!!
Not a fan of “poison dwarfs”, but to respond to the question, I think some were talking David Taylor or Jason Nolf, believe it or not.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian LB-U
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT