ADVERTISEMENT

Willie's post on GIA

God. you guys are f-ing BRUTAL.

That Bobby telford quote got me. azzholes. lol
When it comes to TnT and Iowa, the jokes write themselves. LOL.

In the bigger picture, this kind of stuff is obviously not as important as things like coaching and recruiting, but there's really no excuse for f-ing it up, either, especially multiple times. This is one of the easiest of his responsibilities.

I do. Wouldn’t be surprised if he beats Bouzakis. He’s as healthy as he’s been all year and looked pretty good against Fix in a loss.
Certainly possible, but a Tesla has a bigger gas tank than Fix, and Bouzakis doesn’t seem to have that problem.

Here is ToM’s thought.

Lose first match
Beat Aaron

Aaron doesn’t get AQ.

He is so so smart!!

Sarcasm alert

In the bigger picture, this kind of stuff is obviously not as important as things like coaching and recruiting, but there's really no excuse for f-ing it up, either, especially multiple times. This is one of the easiest of his responsibilities.
You forgot training. Things like ncaa rules training.

Reactions: Ski
7 AQs at 133…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if things go to seed, he’ll have to beat the loser of the 4/5 to get to the 7th place match (or better).

Had he been the 8 or 9 seed and won his first match, he’d have only have the 10 seed in his way of the 7th place match or better.

Had he been seeded as high as 7, he’d have the 9 seed in his way of the 7th place match or better.

It was a huge blunder. Could easily cost him an NCAA appearance.
I don't think this was in the Lee binder.
Brands went rogue.😏

From that link, right click and choose "open image in new tab". Then copy and paste the URL from that new tab into the "insert image" button.

giphy.gif

News flash. You can't get your recruits, who do sign and become a starter, to the post season events if you neglect to register them accordingly.

Tom trying to explain what happened with Teske. JMO, but shouldn't Tom know exactly the "points" required to open it up for a coaches vote.

That’s what I thought too when I heard it; that they weren’t worried about it because they’d just open it up for a vote, not knowing it couldn’t be.

But I’ll understand Iowa fans interpreting it differently - that they knew and went that way anyway to give Schriever the most time.

Reactions: ccdiver
That’s what I thought too when I heard it; that they weren’t worried about it because they’d just open it up for a vote, not knowing it couldn’t be.

But I’ll understand Iowa fans interpreting it differently - that they knew and went that way anyway to give Schriever the most time.

Listened to that part a few times as well. He did say that he wasn't sure if it was 2 points or three. Also said that the policy didn't allow for the vote because of how it went down.

What he didn't say, and is completely up for interpretation, is whether or not the staff knew this before settling on the wrestle-off date, or not until after switching to Teske.

To me, it’s just another incidence of Murphy’s law at work. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dump on Brands, but I think this is just a typical case of human fallibility.

Tom trying to explain what happened with Teske. JMO, but shouldn't Tom know exactly the "points" required to open it up for a coaches vote.

"Explanation" is a pretty generous characterization of what Brands was doing there. I heard a lot of sentence fragments, each of which prompted a lot of questions that you know didn't have great answers, all to tiptoe around the fact that they screwed up.

"Explanation" is a pretty generous characterization of what Brands was doing there. I heard a lot of sentence fragments, each of which prompted a lot of questions that you know didn't have great answers, all to tiptoe around the fact that they screwed up.
I have to admit, I’ve been a bit surprised about Tom’s lack of public accountability this year. Seems out of character for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT