ADVERTISEMENT

You wrestling guys are insane

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
In four days just the three main threads have over 94 pages….and counting. Over 3,850 comments……and counting. Over 380,000 page views….and counting. And countless other threads.

How can you watch the matches and just read the comments? And no way you can watch the matches, read the comments AND put in your own comments!

Like someone else said…. You have to be AI bots.

Seriously, love your passion. I enjoy wrestling but nowhere near your addiction levels😉. And I have trouble reading it all as you have your own dialect of English.

My area didn’t have wrestling. My only experience was at PSU…. a kid on my floor had been a very good high school wrestler but opted to concentrate on his studies. Many weekends, after a few beers, we would wrestle in the elevator area. I was bigger and stronger…..5’10” and 180 while he was 5’7” and about 160….. so I could muscle him around a bit but he knew his moves.

Several times I thought I had had him in serious jeopardy and then suddenly the world would spin in three directions at once and I found myself flat on my back. I would ask him how the hell he did it and he would just smile and walk away.

A fascinating sport combining strength , skill, endurance, quickness, balance, brains, and guts.

Last edited:
In four days just the three main threads have over 94 pages….and counting. Over 3,850 comments. Over 380,000 page views….and counting. And countless other threads.

How can you watch the matches and just read the comments? And no way you can watch the matches, read the comments AND put in your own comments!

Like someone else said…. You have to be AI bots.

Seriously, love your passion. I enjoy wrestling but nowhere near your addiction levels😉. And I have trouble reading it all as you have your own dialect of English.

My area didn’t have wrestling. My only experience was at PSU…. a kid on my floor had been a very good high school wrestler but opted to concentrate on his studies. Many weekends, after a few beers, we would wrestle in the elevator area. I was bigger and stronger…..5’10” and 180 while he was 5’7” and about 160….. so I could muscle him around a bit but he knew his moves.

Several times I thought I had had him in serious jeopardy and then suddenly the world would spin in three directions at once and I found myself flat on my back. I would ask him how the hell he did it and he would just smile and walk away.

A fascinating sport combining strength , skill, endurance, quickness, balance, brains, and guts.
Our sport isn’t one that’s covered everyday on ESPN, FS1, Sports Talk Radio etc.

I go here, plus a few podcasts, for what the mainstream sports fan gets everywhere.

A lot of the comments are similar if you look at them. Just posted in a very short time frame. Typically big upsets or a big win or loss by a PSU wrestler generates a bunch of replies quickly. After sessions, some well thought out recaps are posted by several. Not to mention team standings, upcoming opponents, etc. And of course us making fun of certain coaches.

My hat is off to those who give detailed play by play. No way could I do that in the time they do it.

I would consider you a very thoughtful and level headed poster. Come over next season and join the threads. Ask questions, especially during reguar season duals. You'll definitely get some insightful answers and learn a bunch.

quotev GIF

After watching the son and I this weekend my wife and his fiance agrees. We are insane🤘
Oh yeah, I know the drill. The only two sports that I watch on TV are wrestling and football. I’m probably no different than most guys who watch the same sports, but she still seems to think that my emotional outbursts are a sign of severe mental illness. I guess that’s a good indication that I have a normal marriage. 😁

I used to read both this site & Scout completely yrs. ago. My deceased father-in-law was head coach at Mansfield back in the 60's. He even had a nat'l ranked team. He talked about how the beast grapplers went with the best scholly packages alot. He tried out for the Olympics, His name was Dr. Wallace M. Maurer, originally from Phillipsburg, Pa.

One of the cool things about wrestling in all its complexities is that it’s one of the original and simplest sports of humankind. Little kids and humans have been wrestling for thousands of years, sometimes for sport and sometimes not lol.

If you’re ever feeling confused about any of it, I highly recommend going for the gusto. Big points and style

One of the cool things about wrestling in all its complexities is that it’s one of the original and simplest sports of humankind. Little kids and humans have been wrestling for thousands of years, sometimes for sport and sometimes not lol.

If you’re ever feeling confused about any of it, I highly recommend going for the gusto. Big points and style
What you say is true but your time frame is a little short. I’ve mentioned this before, but do a YouTube search for videos of apes, gorillas or orangutans wrestling. You’ll see them using moves like single leg takedowns and whizzers.

I was at the San Diego zoo many years ago and saw two orangutans doing exactly what I just described. My jaw dropped. I could see some geeky, pencil necked primatologist studying these guys for years and not even realizing what they were seeing because they had never been exposed to wrestling.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
What you say is true but your time frame is a little short. I’ve mentioned this before, but do a YouTube search for videos of apes, gorillas or orangutans wrestling. You’ll see them using moves like single leg takedowns and whizzers.

I was at the San Diego zoo many years ago and saw two orangutans doing exactly what I just described. My jaw dropped. I could see some geeky, pencil necked primatologist studying these guys for years and not even realizing what they were seeing because they had never been exposed to wrestling.
That is very…primitive. I’ve seen some of that stuff, believe the granby was actually was actually first perfected by homo Heidelbergensis. But that’s a different evolutionary process, isn’t it…

I proudly taught my wife the whizzer leverage last night, no joke. She wasn’t impressed.

That is very…primitive. I’ve seen some of that stuff, believe the granby was actually was actually first perfected by homo Heidelbergensis. But that’s a different evolutionary process, isn’t it…

I proudly taught my wife the whizzer leverage last night, no joke. She wasn’t impressed.
Were you awarded any riding time?

Oh I’ve shown my wife a few things that I picked up from wrestling too, but I’ll leave out the details … :rolleyes:

Reactions: orange nole
What's the reference? I remember him and his style, a lot of the matches with Matt Brown. Did he not employ the whizzer?
When at Iowa, Mike Evans was asked about being at the same weight as Taylor and Dake, and responded "I'm not impressed."

It's been a board joke since. @slushhead used to write a weekly post called the Mike Evans Impression of the Week. It was funny, though the HR/GIA folks were, well, not impressed.

My wife cannot understand how I can recall the names of who I faced in a Jr High tournaments 40 years ago but cannot recall birthdays and anniversary dates. She also finds it odd that I know a lot about guys in high school and college guys who are not PSU wrestlers.

When at Iowa, Mike Evans was asked about being at the same weight as Taylor and Dake, and responded "I'm not impressed."

It's been a board joke since. @slushhead used to write a weekly post called the Mike Evans Impression of the Week. It was funny, though the HR/GIA folks were, well, not impressed.
I don’t know how, I’m around here enough, but I hadn’t seen that. I do remember the mustache. Haha, I remember when George St. Pierre said something similar about Matt Hughes or some other opponent in his French Canadian accent, pretty funny.

Reactions: danoftw

My wife just learned the spladle.

Support the primal wrestling comments - and I digress…. Saw monkeys wacking off at the zoo - so yea probably some primal stuff in of this.

My wife just learned the spladle.
Lol I’m just purely talking wrestling here, but I showed mine the video of Brock Hardy(he’s from our state) getting spladled. I was watching it and thought she was, while giggling a bit, and when I looked over to her she was just staring at me with disdain. No appreciation!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT