ADVERTISEMENT

Willie's post on GIA

mcpat

Gold Member
Mar 13, 2021

Post #47

• Wow
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Wow, play stupid games win stupid prizes. Teske May be the odd man out with an early loss lotsa matches in a short time. Was 9 allocations now eight. Lost to B from fOSU and no room for error

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Wow, play stupid games win stupid prizes. Teske May be the odd man out with an early loss lotsa matches in a short time. Was 9 allocations now eight. Lost to B from fOSU and no room for error
133 has 7 allocations. Teske was submitted for coaches rankings and earned an allocation for the conference. He will need to finish top 7 to auto qualify. He should be able to do that.

Reactions: goldenanimal
133 has 7 allocations. Teske was submitted for coaches rankings and earned an allocation for the conference. He will need to finish top 7 to auto qualify. He should be able to do that.
Always something with this coaching staff and the 133 weight class in the postseason.

Reactions: Hotshoe

Post #47
You'll have this type of thing when gym teachers try to run a multimillion dollar operation

he did not earn an allocation.
My bad. He wrestled 2 matches at 141 that don’t count towards win percentage. He was 7-3 which is a 70% win percentage and ranked 25 in the coaches poll. 133 had to use the sliding scale so he was eliminated after that.

He still needs to finish top 7 to auto qualify.

Reactions: smalls103
My bad. He wrestled 2 matches at 141 that don’t count towards win percentage. He was 7-3 which is a 70% win percentage and ranked 25 in the coaches poll. 133 had to use the sliding scale so he was eliminated after that.

He still needs to finish top 7 to auto qualify.
you're a better man than me, doing all that math. i know it's easy for me to drive by and state corrections.

the parents for sure let me know if i miss a result for the rankings.

7 AQs at 133…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if things go to seed, he’ll have to beat the loser of the 4/5 to get to the 7th place match (or better).

Had he been the 8 or 9 seed and won his first match, he’d have only have the 10 seed in his way of the 7th place match or better.

Had he been seeded as high as 7, he’d have the 9 seed in his way of the 7th place match or better.

It was a huge blunder. Could easily cost him an NCAA appearance.

Reactions: Hotshoe
7 AQs at 133…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if things go to seed, he’ll have to beat the loser of the 4/5 to get to the 7th place match (or better).

Had he been the 8 or 9 seed and won his first match, he’d have only have the 10 seed in his way of the 7th place match or better.

Had he been seeded as high as 7, he’d have the 9 seed in his way of the 7th place match or better.

It was a huge blunder. Could easily cost him an NCAA appearance.
You are correct. His path was made more difficult by a clerical error.

I do. Wouldn’t be surprised if he beats Bouzakis. He’s as healthy as he’s been all year and looked pretty good against Fix in a loss.
Beating Bouzakis would be an upset. Not a Lee/Ramos in the semis upset, but one that should surprise anyone looking at it objectively.

Reactions: District four
This post alone is worth reading that thread:

"Considering that Ersland has never coached a Purdue wrestler to AA finish, I'd say leaving Norris home will have no impact on the tournament."

20240304225038.jpg

This post alone is worth reading that thread:

"Considering that Ersland has never coached a Purdue wrestler to AA finish, I'd say leaving Norris home will have no impact on the tournament."

More irony than the Edmund frigging Fitzgerald…

Beating Bouzakis would be an upset. Not a Lee/Ramos in the semis upset, but one that should surprise anyone looking at it objectively.
Teske over Bouakis would be at most a mild upset IMO. If Teske can keep it close going into the 3rd period, he has a decent shot to win with a better gas tank.

Teske over Bouakis would be at most a mild upset IMO. If Teske can keep it close going into the 3rd period, he has a decent shot to win with a better gas tank.
Oh of course. It’s a 1 vs 8/9. Teske will keep it close and could win it. But it would be Teske’s best 133 pound win by a mile since moving up. No reason to expect it to happen.

Reactions: Hotshoe and Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT