ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Kentucky Citrus Bowl Official Game Thread

What does it say to your team when you go for it on a fake punt and you don't go for it on 4th and inches

Reactions: Novalions
The game has been indicative of the whole season. Make some plays here and there in the first half on special teams and a few tough catches and your ahead. Same as vs OSU and Sparty

The bad thing is... with the "playoffs", it probably is hard to get motivated. It's tough to have playoff aspirations, fail to make it, then go to a "normal" bowl game...

Kentucky did NOT have playoff aspirations and combined with the poor football program history, this is a HUGE deal to them... unfortunately not so much PSU and it shows

If you don’t wanna be there, don’t go. I never understood this.

Reactions: PennState_one
All I’m going to say is I do like CJF but he needs to surround himself with better decision makers and do it quickly.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
This team sucks, Franklin should of never made the elite comment. It’s been down hill ever since. This team is a train wreck. Lose to Kentucky in football is not good for your program image. Franklin can recruit but can’t coach a lick. Bring on the next coach.

Reactions: Nitty_Lion
This team lost a HOF type RB. There all world TE, there go to WR and haven’t found anyone to replace them. The results and struggles in offense this year were expected.
WRONG, this offensive line, the OC and OL line coach have not improved. Major changes have to be made on the offensive and special teams staff. Firings have to happen after this game.

You can’t win em all. Even Joe Paterno lost a dozen bowl games. We still have an awesome recruiting class coming in, as well as a couple of really good QBs and RBs and KJ Hamler and a generational linebacker in Parsons. This one hurts, but it’s far from the end of what Franklin is building.

Reactions: AvgUser
This team lost a HOF type RB. There all world TE, there go to WR and haven’t found anyone to replace them. The results and struggles in offense this year were expected.
Sure. But did their replacements show an iota of improvement throughout the season? I think breaking in new talent AND coaches on the job training is compounding the issue. Is it a coincidence that we're struggling in areas where we lost coaches? Wide Receiver, Special Teams, offensive coordinator.

Season has been shit since Franklin’s “elite” speech.

Agree. Saying something like that is not the thing to do. That was the turning point in the season because after two weeks we were totally unprepared for an inept MSU team.

Don't care if it was a message to recruits. Even Saban doesn't talk like that. You keep your team humble and focused. Get great athletes who can be disciplined and then teach them to use their heads.

Problem for Franklin is that he has some underperforming assistants.

Still some time, so we'll see how much the kids want this game.

Reactions: Nitty_Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT