ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Kentucky Citrus Bowl Official Game Thread

Who is running this game, Franklin or McSorley? He should not have been put back on the field. His mistake just opened the flood gates.
You are correct. It’s their job to put the team in position to win. There is no doubt that Franklin has trouble making the tough decisions.

Reactions: wrestlingterpdad
good grief. two receivers in the same area, and the DB releases off the up receiver (Nick Bowers) and makes the INT. I have no clue why 2 receivers were in the same area. Juwan Johnson was free and would have had a TD. You have to believe that Bowers was supposed to stop and curl, or something. There's no reason to run a defender into the same area where you have an uncovered WR
It was a broken play once Trace left the pocket. It wasn’t designed that way. And ALL of the blame goes to McSorley, who completely underthrew the pass. He had a HORRIBLE year, and “capped” it off with this performance.

OK, I'll say it. The bloom is off the rose. This team quit and is poorly coached. Pathetic.

P.S. And enough of comparing The Big Ten to the SEC. That is a joke.

The bad part is Franklin is going to leverage the PSU administration for more cash$$$$$$, and he will get it.
I would call his bluff. If he wants to leave, so be it. Look at the roster. Lots of coaches (Big Game Bob Stoops) for example, would like to coach ‘em up.

Reactions: nits74
Oh well, six weeks till Baseball Spring Training, then I can vent my frustrations on the Pittsburgh Pirates for the next six months...

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
Who is running this game, Franklin or McSorley? He should not have been put back on the field. His mistake just opened the flood gates.
Rahne deserves to take some of the blame for this. McSorley and the entire offense regressed under his tutelage. Hugh mistake by Franklin not to hire an experienced coordinator like he did with Moorhead.

Running TD by Kentucky, and with the PAT it's 27-7, Kentucky. Farmer appeared to take the wrong gap, and Jan Johnson got blocked to the ground.

1:35 left in the 3rd quarter.

frustrating, to say the least

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
Kudos to KY, better team, more heart, more pride. Never thought I’d say that about a Penn St team. Cowardly effort. They all better look themselves in the mirror. Lost to a team wirh less talent (just like the MSU game)

The bad thing is... with the "playoffs", it probably is hard to get motivated. It's tough to have playoff aspirations, fail to make it, then go to a "normal" bowl game...

Kentucky did NOT have playoff aspirations and combined with the poor football program history, this is a HUGE deal to them... unfortunately not so much PSU and it shows

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
I would call his bluff. If he wants to leave, so be it. Look at the roster. Lots of coaches (Big Game Bob Stoops) for example, would like to coach ‘em up.

This team lost a HOF type RB. There all world TE, there go to WR and haven’t found anyone to replace them. The results and struggles in offense this year were expected.

The bad thing is... with the "playoffs", it probably is hard to get motivated. It's tough to have playoff aspirations, fail to make it, then go to a "normal" bowl game...

Kentucky did NOT have playoff aspirations and combined with the poor football program history, this is a HUGE deal to them... unfortunately not so much PSU and it shows

Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky...... no? The guy says the right things, but delivering is another thing entirely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT