ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Kentucky Citrus Bowl Official Game Thread

Here is how you know this is a meaningless game.

If this game had any real meaning, i'd be sh!t-stomping mad right now. As it iis, i am midly perturbed and extremely composed. .
It wouldn’t bother me as much, but I live in KY and am surrounded by UK fans. I usually don’t have to worry about it because they never play each other, but just my luck their best team in history of the school is playing us when we’re pretty average.

I'll have a mead...

a1ed83a82cb49196b178e9cb0cc5d2a1.gif

Except for saying that awful pass by McSorley would have been a TD last year with Gesicki. That comment was just absurd.
I took that comment to mean that with last year's o-line and time to throw that would have been a TD.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
Like to see Clifford get a drive. Need to see what kids got against top 15 team. He threw a beautiful ball. Sick of seeing same guys drop the ball all year long.
Why bring in a passing QB when our receivers can’t catch? Doesn’t make much sense.

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
I am irked. Unbelievable!!!!!! The same thing all damn year. I love Trace but he has not been getting it done for awhile now(since Ohio State). Passing accuracy is atrocious. I understand why Franklin has him in there. Loyalty. Pinegar, Thompkins, J. Johnson disappointing, Defense continues to be stellar. I know I am speaking to the choir but Franklin really has done nothing to correct these ongoinggggggggggggg issues (special teams. inept offense, stubbornness to insert under center package, no change of tempo to offense) I am afraid to say that Franklin isn't a good head coach. Great recruiter and has won because he has out talented other teams.

Reactions: Sooner Lion
Do you know CJF dedicated TWO days of practice to special teams?!? If I hear that one more time I’m going to scream

Don't you just get a kick out of that? The guy says the right things..... And then comes out in the first half with a special teams hot mess.

The good news is that the D looks pretty good today. Ripe for an ugly win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sooner Lion
I have said numerous times that Pinegar has a great leg but kicks it way to low. is it possible to teach a kicker to get more height on a ball?

Watching the game from the stands, game officials are terrible, especially when spotting the ball. Don't know if its better or worse on TV.

Reactions: BarryPSU
Thank goodness we receive the second half kickoff because we deferred.....wait a minute.....never mind.
Yes, because everybody knows our explosive 2018 offense would have no problem going 75 yards on their first possession against one of the best defenses in the country. It was either that, or put our very good defense on the field against what is recognized as a less than average offense. So, let's go 3 and out, run a bad fake punt, and give them a cheap score to start a game which they clearly want more than us.

Sometimes Franklin's stubbornness to do the right thing instead of the "aggressive" choice just pi$$es me off.

Except for saying that awful pass by McSorley would have been a TD last year with Gesicki. That comment was just absurd.

Yep, Huard is a motor mouth that throughout the broadcast of each game makes bozo comments because he feels he is smarter than the audience and has to just say something..... I cringed when I heard his voice as the broadcast came on.....

Reactions: furfoot
Franklin is an elite recruiter and can be a pretty good program CEO but needs to have a great coaching staff (similar to Savan and Urbs) At this point, I think we have serious questions about our ST, Receivers and OLine coaches. Up to him to take the next steps necessary...

Reactions: psu00
Need to sit #3. He’s killing the team
They have done it all season. We are 0-8 on third down and the offensive line cannot pick up a stunt even if they saw one at a circus. The special teams coach us purely pathetic. The defense has really improved but the offensive line coaching will kill us next year.

Reactions: BarryPSU and wlawn
Like to see Clifford get a drive. Need to see what kids got against top 15 team. He threw a beautiful ball. Sick of seeing same guys drop the ball all year long.
You want to see him at wide receiver??

Disagree. You're seeing the spots through blue and white glasses.
nope....saw two spots on replay that were obviously wrong by a couple feet and cost us a first down

actually I think they spotted Hamler down a yard past where he was fwiw

likely just bad reffing.....the holding call we got was not the first time a DE for PSU was corralled by his neck

Reactions: phillybillyreprise
Coaching is what has held this team back all year. Rahne, Corley, Limegrover, and Galiano are not playoff caliber assistants. I'd say it falls on Franklin, but maybe he is playing with one hand tied behind his back with coaching salaries?

Let me get this straight,we can waste time on the lion package but we can't have a QB under center to sneak it less then a foot.
I spoke to a fb coach who told me it would take no more than 5 minutes to put a sneak from under center in the play book.

Why bring in a passing QB when our receivers can’t catch? Doesn’t make much sense.

We do have receivers that can catch. The problem is they are not seniors in their last game.

I don't think this will be a problem going forward, because recruiting has been better as we've had some time since being sanctioned.

People here loved JVP. There are a lot of similarities between Franklin and JVP.

Franklin is an elite recruiter and can be a pretty good program CEO but needs to have a great coaching staff (similar to Savan and Urbs) At this point, I think we have serious questions about our ST, Receivers and OLine coaches. Up to him to take the next steps necessary...
Offensive line and special teams. This offensive line has not improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT