ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Kentucky Citrus Bowl Official Game Thread

Hallmarks of previous PSU teams.

Stout OL and very fundamentally sound on offense, Defense and Special teams which is why we could travel well, these traits are absent on this team.

Not sure why these coaches insist on having Farmer start the half. Teams clearly scheme for this. It’s the definition of insanity.
I was thinking the same thing about Farmer. And Brown, how stupid is this kid? He does this too often. Unacceptable!

Reactions: Nitty_Lion
The whole season: overthrown balls, dropped passes, missed blocks. Team could just never put it all together.

I am irked. Unbelievable!!!!!! The same thing all damn year. I love Trace but he has not been getting it done for awhile now(since Ohio State). Passing accuracy is atrocious. I understand why Franklin has him in there. Loyalty. Pinegar, Thompkins, J. Johnson disappointing, Defense continues to be stellar. I know I am speaking to the choir but Franklin really has done nothing to correct these ongoinggggggggggggg issues (special teams. inept offense, stubbornness to insert under center package, no change of tempo to offense) I am afraid to say that Franklin isn't a good head coach. Great recruiter and has won because he has out talented other teams.

It’s inexcusable that he doesn’t have a set of under center plays for those situations by now. It’s been an issue for years.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Yuck. UK not having to do much since we’re happy to play with both hands behind our back.

nope....saw two spots on replay that were obviously wrong by a couple feet and cost us a first down

actually I think they spotted Hamler down a yard past where he was fwiw

likely just bad reffing.....the holding call we got was not the first time a DE for PSU was corralled by his neck

Ball gets spotted where the knee is down, not where the ball is when it and the chest hit the ground. When the play is fast and seen from a distance the eye has a hard time picking this up. It usually looks like progress was further than it is. See this all the time at the goal line with touchdowns being overruled.

And when a receiver is coming back for the ball, makes the catch, and his momentum continues, he doesn't get the spot at the point of the catch, nor is it necessarily at the point of contact by the defender (unless he stops his negative progress). That's a tough judgment call but for sure any reasonable spot would have been short of the first down yardage.

Reactions: BarryPSU
TD, Kentucky.

The KO OOB, and the PF on Cam Brown, kind of gifted the drive to Kentucky, and the D made enough mistakes to make it a certainty.

17-7, Kentucky, with 12:38 left in the 3rd quarter

The offense in the first was trace’s legs. Not sure how this is gonna play out.

Lousy prep and execution. On the bright side, a lot of CFB fans are watching the other TV game and aren't seeing us give away another game to a seemingly inferior team.

Miles Sanders just does not have the speed to get out wide vs this defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT