ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Indiana Match Thread

I need to take a short break. As such, I can't do PBP for Nick Lee's match. I should be back for 149, unless Lee ends things quickly at 141

141 - Nick Lee

TD Lee... ESC.. .2-1
Fireman's carry, 4-1...ESC, 4-2.
1:45 in first.

Lee shoots left leg...to double, TD 6-2.
Lee reaches under the chin... trying to turn, 0:35 in first
0:50+ RT
0:15 left
End of period, 6-2.
1:19RT

2nd period
IND bottom,
Stands, turns in.
Lee takes IND towards his back... 1 count
6-2 .... 1:25...
IND bellied out
1:00...
N. Lee trying to get arm bar...
Loses it.
0:15... mat return... strong ride.
Stall warning IND
Rides out the 2nd.
3:19RT

3rd period
Lee bottom... reversal, Lee
8-2.... cuts ESC, 8-3
TD, N. Lee 10-3
Lee turns .... 2NF
0:55 left, 12-3
RT point assured
under 0:20
still riding

Nick Lee wins, 13-3 Major !!
4:45RT

I know it is the rule but still do not see how Verk’s opponent had control for a td in that situation. My complaint is the rule, not the ref enforcing it.

I think if Verkleeren doesn't grab a starting spot by next year he'll be the new Volrath/English. Good enough to start somewhere else but a team guy. This is the 1st year where it was in his hands to go out and win the spot and hasn't so far. Hoping he doesn't transfer

Reactions: Ja1339
149: Verkleeren vs. Fernando Silva

Per 1
Silva shoots off the whistle, but Verk staves off the attempt. OOB with 1:51 left. Verk in on a single, trips Silva down and gets the TD, 2-0. Silva out very quickly, 2-1. Verk in on the legs but Silva defends it. End. RT @ 6 sec for Verkleeren

Per 2
Silva takes bottom. Silva to his feet and he's out, 2-2. Verk snaps the head down, Silva counters and gets the TD, 2-4. Verk out quickly, 3-4. Stalemate with 1:16 left. Silva shoots, nothing. Silva reaches for a leg, nothing. Silva shoots, Verk sprawls. End

Per 3
Verkleeren takes bottom. He's to his feet, but is tripped back down. He's back up quickly and out, 4-4. Verkleeren tries a single, nothing. Silva shoots, nothing. 1 min left. Verk in on a single, elevates it, Silva is bouncing, and Verk gets the other leg and the TD, 6-4. Stoppage for PD with 11 sec left. Caution on Verk on the restart. Silva to his feet, but taken back down. End

19-9, PSU

I think Verk has the skills to be more successful. Looks to me that motivation or some other mental block is holding him back.

Good job by Verk. He was fresher in the third and that made the difference with a late TD. These announcers though...

Jared needs to get better. Shouldn’t struggling with a 2-4 wrestler

This weekend he wasn't as active as he's been at other points in the season. I wonder if he has a touch of what Berge has? I imagine they practice together a lot so maybe he caught a bit of sickness too.

Reactions: Dogwelder
157: Nolf vs. Breyden Bailey

Bailey is a freshmen who moved up a weight for this match. Good luck, Breyden.

Per 1
Nolf with a double, switches to a single, and gets the TD, 2-0. OOB with 1:52 left. Nolf with a half nelson and tilts Bailey. Bailey eventually rolls thru, so only 4 NF, 6-0. Nolf with a front headlock, eventually Bailey stands and gets the esc, 6-1. Nolf with a quick TD, 8-1, as they go OOB with 45 sec left. Blood stoppage -- probably from the cross face that Jason hit him with; it was pretty forceful. Bailey is out 8-2. Nolf with a headlock and takes Bailey to his back and gets the pin! I missed the time mark

25-9, PSU

If our biggest concern is that Verk only won by decision....our rivals would like to have that problem :)

Ecstatic to hear RBY injury isn't more serious

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT